|“||When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.||„|
|~ Revelation 6:7-8|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Spawns four Death Scythes along the walls of the room, aligned with Isaac in the cardinal directions. After a few seconds, they will accelerate towards Isaac.
- If Isaac is close to a wall, the scythe that would normally be spawned on that wall does not spawn.
- Spawns two Death Scythes that constantly home in on Isaac until they are destroyed.
- Uses The Hourglass to slow Isaac down.
- After enough damage is dealt, Death will dismount from his horse.
- The horse has 150 HP, but it will also lose health when Death is damaged. Attacking the horse does not damage Death.
- Death's horse will continue to fly horizontally throughout the room dealing contact damage, even after Death has been defeated. It also deals heavy damage to any enemy it runs into, except Death.
- Death will occasionally spawn two Knights and can have a maximum of two.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: 15% larger with 25% more HP (562.5). In his first phase, he summons Kamikaze Leeches instead of homing Death Scythes and does not use the Hourglass. He spawns Red Maws rather than Knights when he dismounts from his horse.
Death Scythe[edit | edit source]
Spawned by Death
Death Scythes are enemies spawned by Death that either stay stationary for a few seconds before accelerating toward Isaac or home in on him. They have 50 HP in total, but spawn with only 15 HP. They deal 1 full heart of damage. If Death is killed, any Death Scythes he summoned are immediately destroyed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Death as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Death appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Death is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Death's scythe attack is a homage to Castlevania's recurring boss, Death. Both summon four scythes that stay put for a few seconds, then home in on the player.
- Death is currently the only enemy ingame that can use a status effect against Isaac.
- When Death uses The Hourglass, The Ludovico Technique's tear is slow to respond and has a higher maximum speed, becoming difficult to control.
- In the original game, Death's face resembled the 'planet face' of Chapter 6: The End in Super Meat Boy, another game by Edmund McMillen.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|