Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
| Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat.|
Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages.
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeThe Harbingers|
|“||When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.||„|
|~ Revelation 6:7-8|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Spawns four scythes that stay stationary for a few seconds, then home in on the player.
- Spawns two scythes that constantly home in on the player until they are destroyed.
- Uses The HourglassUpon activation, enemies and their projectiles are slowed down for a short duration. to slow the player down.
- After enough damage is dealt, Death will dismount from his horse.
- Death's horse will continue to fly horizontally throughout the room dealing contact damage, even after Death has been defeated.
- Death will occasionally spawn two Knights and can have a maximum of two.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: In his first phase, he summons Kamikaze Leeches instead of using the two-Scythe attack and does not use the Hourglass. He spawns Red Maws rather than Knights when he dismounts his horse.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Death as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Death appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Death is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Death's scythe attack is a homage to Castlevania's recurring boss, Death. Both summon four scythes that stay put for a few seconds, then home in on the player.
- Death is currently the only enemy in game that is able to use a status effect against Isaac.
- When Death uses The HourglassUpon activation, enemies and their projectiles are slowed down for a short duration., The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.'s tear is slow to respond and has a higher maximum speed, becoming difficult to control.
- In the original game, Death's face resembled the 'planet face' of Chapter 6: The End in Super Meat Boy, another game by Edmund McMillen.
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|