The Debug Console is accessible in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †. It is only accessible when mods are enabled. The Debug Console contains various commands that allow developers to test their mods easily.
Using the Debug Console[edit | edit source]
To show the console, press the grave/tilde (~) key while in a run (ù on AZERTY keyboards, ö on German QWERTZ, ñ on Spanish QWERTY, > on Italian QWERTY, æ on danish QWERTY). To hide the console, hit Enter without typing anything or Esc.
All available commands are listed below.
achievement 300 achievement meconium
spawn mega maw spawn 20 spawn 10.1 spawn 10.2.0.4
| Spawns entities. The decimal format's syntax is as follows: |
goto s.boss.1010 goto s.error.21 goto d.10
|Goes to rooms on the current floor. "s" indicates special room types and "d" indicates normal room types.|
stage 1 stage 10a stage 3b
|Goes to another floor. Entering non-existent floors can lead to unexpected results and the large majority crash the game.|
gridspawn 1000 gridspawn 1494 gridspawn 9000 gridspawn 9100
|Spawns a grid entity with the given ID at a random place in the room.|
| Enables various cheats. Useful ones are listed below:
giveitem dr. fetus giveitem c15 giveitem Petrified Poop giveitem t15 giveitem ipec givetim mutant sp g soy milk giveitem p0 g p22 giveitem k1 iveitem c6 g k45
| Gives items, pills, cards, and trinkets.
Use a capital P to receive items starting with a P.
remove t53 remove soy milk remove cursed eye r bob's brain r experi remove *
costumetest costumetest 33
|Gives Isaac a number of random costumes, without having the associated items.|
|Resets the game back to the beginning of a new run.|
|Prints a list of all items in Isaac's possession, and how many of each.|
spawn 10 repeat 50 giveitem meat! repeat 100 repeat 100
|Repeats the last given command a number of times.|
|Removes all easter egg effects from the current run.|
seed GGGG GGGG seed T1MM AY48
|Starts a new run with the inputted seed.|
|Starts a new run on a random seed on the given challenge number.|
combo 0.69 combo [itempool #].[number of random items]
|Gives you an amount of random items from a specified item pool.|
mom momh hush bigchest hud
|Usually teleports Isaac to Depths II, Womb II, Blue Womb, or Cathedral, usually with very high damage.
curse 2 curse 16 curse 127
|Sets a value corresponding to the sum of the desired curses.|
|Generates a new layout for the current floor with a new floor seed.|
|Copies a specified amount of previous console commands to your clipboard.|
luarun /full_path/hello.lua luarun relative_path/hello.lua
|Takes a path to a lua file and runs it immediately. Paths are relative to the folder where the game is installed.|
|Takes a mod folder name and runs the main.lua for it. This can be used to reload a mod without relaunching the game.|
|Reports memory usage for Lua|
|Restocks all shops.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Stage 13 is the only non-standard stage that does not crash. It consists of 2x1 vertical rooms that have doors that only sometimes close, minimal enemies (usually 2 of the same type), and uses the Caves background. The music is a single layer of either the Blue Womb, the Cellar, or the Burning Basement music, and only plays when enemies are in the room. The boss is always The Duke of Flies, and no trapdoor or items spawn when the boss is defeated.
- Stage 13a is the same, but with the Depths background. The boss is always Monstro II.
- Stage 13b is the same, but with the Womb background. The boss is always The Duke of Flies.
- Any variant beyond 13b is the same as stage 13.
- The enemy spawn patterns are the same as the waves in Greed mode, suggesting that this stage is used to store the waves in the game.
- Entering "stage 8" in Greed or Greedier mode will grant access to The Void. The rooms and music are same as The Void in regular mode, but the boss is Ultra Greed and will drop the Final Boss Chest. Entering the chest will play the final ending instead of End 18 or 19.
- When using the "repeat" command, if the number given is larger than 10,000, the command will not work and a message saying "Don't get carried away" will show up.