Demo Man is challenge #9. Isaac starts off with Dr. Fetus, Remote Detonator, and the Match Stick trinket. The goal is to defeat Mom's Heart or It Lives. This challenge is available after unlocking Dr. Fetus.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
The only weapons are bombs, which can harm Isaac if he's too close. The Remote Detonator works on the Dr. Fetus bombs that replace tears but does not prevent them from exploding after their fuse runs out.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Since every run starts with Dr. Fetus, there is a virtually infinite supply of bombs. Anything that would normally use bombs can be done by attacking.
- While Remote Detonator does not prevent bombs from detonating, it will still cause them to explode.
- Shot speed will cause the bombs to launch faster and farther.
- Flying can help with avoiding explosive damage in tight quarters. This can make Lord of the Pit or Spirit of the Night more valuable.
- The infinite bombs allows testing every wall for Secret Rooms and Super Secret Rooms. They also enable Isaac to escape rooms without clearing them by blowing open the doors.
Placed Bombs[edit | edit source]
- Match Stick causes more bomb drops than other drops. Since regular bombs are more powerful than the Dr. Fetus bombs, this can be a boon. Dr. Fetus bombs can blast obstacles and walls, allowing placed bombs to be saved for combat.
- Combined with the Remote Detonator, more control can be had over placed bombs and can lay traps with them. This is especially useful during boss fights with invincibility periods, such as Mom's Heart and Pin, as multiple placed bombs can be laid near the boss's spawning point and detonated all at once.
- If a placed bomb is misplaced, they can be moved by walking into them. Placed bombs will not explode until Remote Detonator is used, so Isaacs can move out of the way of explosive damage.
- It is possible to drop the Match Stick by using Ctrl(PC), R2(PS4), or ZR(3DS, Switch).
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Chaos Card - Complete Demo Man (challenge #9).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
This challenge is a reference to Team Fortress 2's 4th class, the Demoman. The Demoman uses various bombs as his choice of weapons, similarly to how this challenge is played.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|