Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Found behind doors which require two keys to open, Dice Rooms randomize many aspects of the game, depending on the number imprinted on the very large red die embedded in the floor. Stepping onto the center of the die face activates its effect. The effect of a dice room may only be used once, but multiple dice rooms can be used on a single run.
Dice Rooms also commonly contain chests and other consumables.
The dice numbers and effects are:
- 1 pip - Rerolls Isaac's currently held collectibles into items from the Treasure Room item pool, like the D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items. would. Activated collectibles can be changed into passive ones, but passive collectibles cannot turn into activated ones.
- Re-rolls each of Isaac's passive items into a random item from the specific item pool where it was acquired.
- 2 pips - Rerolls all Pickups in the room itself like the D20Rerolls all pickups in the current room. would.
- 3 pips - Rerolls all Pickups and Trinkets for the entire floor. This includes shop Pickups. Does not reroll pickups or trinkets in the Devil Room, Angel Room, Black Market, or Crawl Space.
- 4 pips - Rerolls any item pedestals on the floor like The D6Allows Isaac to re-roll collectible items in the current room into other items, depending on the current room's Item Pool. would. Does not reroll item pedestals in the Devil Room, Angel Room, Shop, Library, Black Market, or Crawl Space.
- Item pedestals located in The Shop and The Library are rerolled.
- 5 pips - Rerolls and restarts the current floor, which is the same effect as Forget Me NowWhen activated, the level ends and is freshly regenerated with new rooms, monsters, and items. Disappears after use..
- 6 pips - Combines the effects of the 1, 3, and 4-pip rooms. (Rerolls all held items, pickups, trinkets, and pedestal items like the D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20..)
- It is possible to re-roll a floor into another that has a 5-pip dice room. Getting a 5-pip dice room in The Womb/Utero II can allow the player to defeat Mom's Heart (or It Lives) multiple times in one run. This can be used to quickly gain progress tied to the number of Mom's Heart kills.
- It is possible to unlock Samson by finishing the first floor and entering a 5-pip dice room.
- A 5-pip dice room on an XL floor sends Isaac to the beginning of the chapter.
- When shop pickups are re-rolled via the 3 or 6-pip room, the original prices will remain in place.
- 3 or 6-pips dice rooms can reroll chests in challenge room or boss challenge room into a collectible. And since those rooms detect whether a chest is open or an item picked up, there won't be any monsters.
- 3-pip room can re-roll shop consumables into items for the price of the consumable.
- Using items such as the D6 in the room without buying the item can cause the item to revert back to a consumable.
- Dice rooms don't re-roll starter challenge items or remove blindfold on Challenges.
- Dice rooms have a small marker indicating the effect that will be activated when the room is used. This was inspired by this Steam Workshop mod by Wofsauge.
8ZCP Y8KK (1-pip room, Necropolis I, far northeast room. Good late game randomizer.)
R4V7 603Q (2-pip room on Necropolis II)
8Q88 CP4J (3-pip room on third floor)
Q3TZ WQLG (Three 5-pip rooms. Two on the second floor, one in Utero 2. If played with the D6, can become Lord of the Flies and Guppy. Very good run.)
KTEJ KLPP (5-pip room adjacent to spawn)
HA1A P0SF (6-pip room on second floor)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|