One time use
|(page 3, column 2, row 6)
Diplopia is an activated item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
- Duplicates all pickups and pedestal items in the current room, then disappears.
- Using Diplopia on a trinket will spawn another random trinket instead of duplicating the trinket.
- Using Diplopia on an empty item pedestal will spawn another random item.
- Diplopia no longer spawns extra items for empty item pedestals.
- If used in a Shop, the duplicated pickups and items can be taken for free.
- If used in the Boss Rush room, all available items will be duplicated and all the duplicates can be taken (this will still start the Boss Rush); however, only one of the original items may be taken. Taking one of the original items does not cause the duplicates to disappear.
- If used on the The Polaroid and The Negative after defeating Mom, the duplicates can be taken without affecting the originals.
- If used in a Devil Room or the Black Market, the duplicated items can be taken for free. The original items will still be offered at an HP price, and Deal with the Devil precedent will not be obtained.
- If used in an Angel Room that has multiple item pedestals, the duplicated items can be taken for free. The original items will still behave as normal: once an item is chosen, the others will disappear.
- Picking up multiple copies of items that can cause Isaac to transform will not count towards transformation progress.
- Using Diplopia on another copy of Diplopia will not work.
- Active Item + Schoolbag: While there is no use in duplicating the Schoolbag, it gives Isaac a use for duplicating an active item.
- 20/20: Isaac fires 4 tightly-packed tears with no increase in tear delay.
- Brimstone: Isaac fires two lasers simultaneously.
- Contract From Below: Triples the drops upon clearing a room.
- Dr. Fetus: Isaac fires two bombs simultaneously.
- Eden's Blessing: Tears upgrades stack and Isaac gains two items at the start of the next run.
- Epic Fetus: Two missiles drop, one after the other.
- The Inner Eye: Isaac fires 6 tears. Tears down stat does not stack.
- The Ludovico Technique: A smaller tear orbits the main tear.
- Maw of the Void: Increase damage for tears and ring.
- Mom's Knife: Isaac fires two knives simultaneously.
- Mutant Spider: Isaac fires 8 tears. Tears down stat does not stack.
- Steam Sale: All items in Shops become free. With Restock, items can be infinitely bought for free.
- Technology: Isaac fires two lasers simultaneously.
- Tech X: Isaac fires two laser rings simultaneously.
- The Wiz: Isaac fires 4 tears diagonally.
- Isaac fires 3 tears, one straight ahead and two diagonally.
- Belly Button/ Mom's Purse: Does not allow more than two trinkets to be held at once.
- ? Card: Expends both the card and the item with no additional benefit.
- Compound Fracture: Range increases twice. No effect on how many bone tears are fired, how many bone shards are fired, or tear height.
- Continuum: Only increases range further.
- Crown of Light: Only further decreases shot speed and increases range.
- Dead Eye: The damage multiplier increases twice as fast, but still caps at double damage.
- Deep Pockets/ Polydactyly/ Starter Deck/ Little Baggy: Does not allow more than two pills or cards to be held at once.
- Eve's Mascara: The damage and tear multipliers do not stack. The shot speed does stack.
- Eye of Belial: Only further increases range.
- Finger!: Spawns two familiars completely overlapping each other.
- Godhead: Only stat ups and downs compound, but the aura gains no bonus.
- Guillotine: Isaac will have two orbital heads, but only one will fire tears.
- Holy Mantle: An extra effect is added in the room it was found in, but only a single effect will be given in future rooms.
- Iron Bar: Increases damage but not chance of concussive tears being fired.
- Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2: Spawns a copy of the same Key Piece.
- Kidney Stone: Only further decreases speed.
- Lost Contact: Only further decreases shot speed.
- Magic Mushroom: Increases all stats twice, but damage significantly less the second time as the 1.5x multipliers do not stack.
- Marked: Only increases range and firerate.
- Mom's Contacts: Only increases range.
- My Reflection: Only increases range.
- Pointy Rib: Spawns two familiars that completely overlap each other.
- Purity: No effect. Aura Changes after a second Pickup.
- Sacred Heart: Further decreases tears and shot speed with no increase in damage.
- Sulfuric Acid: Only further increases damage.
- Tractor Beam: Further increases shot speed, fire rate, and range with no other effects.
Concept drawn for Diplopia.
- This is the first Afterbirth item by ID number.
- Diplopia is the simultaneous perception of two images of a single object, commonly referred to as double vision.
- This item's icon is similar to Pupula Duplex.
PC 71A9 QSS2 (First floor Shop)
PC HK2C L3NZ (First floor Shop)
PC 8SGX HRFT (First floor Shop)