Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
one time rooms
|(page 3, column 2, row 6)|
Effect[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using Diplopia on a trinket will spawn another random trinket instead of duplicating the trinket.
- Using Diplopia on an empty item pedestal will spawn another random item.
- Diplopia no longer spawns extra items for empty item pedestals.
- If used in a shop, the duplicated pickups and items can be taken for free.
- If used in the Boss Rush room, all available items will be duplicated and all the duplicates can be taken (this will still start the Boss Rush); however, only one of the original items may be taken. Taking one of the original items does not cause the duplicates to disappear.
- If used on the The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. and The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room. after defeating Mom, the duplicates can be taken without affecting the originals.
- If used in a Devil Room or the Black Market, the duplicated items can be taken for free. The original items will still be offered at an HP price, and Deal with the Devil precedent will not be obtained.
- If used in an Angel Room that has multiple pedestal items, the duplicated items can be taken for free. The original items will still behave as normal: once an item is chosen, the others will disappear.
- Picking up multiple copies of items that can cause Isaac to transform will not count towards transformation progress.
- Using Diplopia on another copy of Diplopia will not work.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Active Item + SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items.: While there is no use in duplicating the Schoolbag, it gives Isaac a use for duplicating an active item.
- 1up!Gives an extra life. Upon death, you will respawn in the previous room with full health and lose the 1up!.: Gives Isaac two extra lives.
- 7 SealsGrants a random Harbinger familiar that changes every 10 seconds.: Spawns two different horsemen familiars.
- 20/20Grants double shot.: Isaac fires 4 tightly-packed tears with no increase in tear delay.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Spawns two prism familiars.
- AnkhUpon death, the player will respawn as ??? with 3 soul hearts.: Gives Isaac two extra lives as ???.
- Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.: Multiple Brains, similar to the Brains challenge.
- BoxSpawns 1 of each (non-collectible) item: 1 coin, 1 key, 1 bomb, 1 heart, 1 card, 1 pill, 1 trinket.: Spawns double the pickups, trinkets, and cards.
- Brittle BonesReplaces all red hearts with 6 empty bone hearts. Upon losing a bone heart, Isaac fires bones in 8 directions and permanently gains a tears up.: Gives 12 empty bone hearts that increase fire rate when destroyed.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Isaac fires two lasers simultaneously.
- Contract From BelowDoubles the number of pickups and chests spawned after clearing a room or performing some other triggering action (such as using a blood donation machine), but reduces the chance for any pickups to spawn at all.: Triples the drops upon clearing a room.
- Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again.: Gives 18 lives.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Isaac fires two bombs simultaneously.
- Eden's Blessing+0.7 tears up. Grants a random item at the start of the next run.: Tears upgrades stack, and Isaac gains two items at the start of the next run.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Two missiles drop, one after the other.
- GeminiSuture becomes attached to Isaac, and does touch damage to enemies within its attacking range.: Attaches two Sutures to Isaac, both of which deal damage.
- HushySpawns a Hush familiar that bounces around the room and deals contact damage. While firing tears, it stops moving.: Spawns two Hush familiars.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Spawns two familiars.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears.: Isaac fires 6 tears. Tears down does not stack.
- Lazarus' RagsUpon dying, resurrect as Revived Lazarus with one heart container and Anemic item.: Gives Isaac two extra lives as Lazarus.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: A smaller tear orbits the main tear.
- Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.: Increase damage for tears and ring.
- Milk!A glass of milk follows Isaac and spills on the floor upon taking damage. After the milk spills, Isaac's tear delay is decreased by 2 for the rest of the room.: Taking damage will decrease Isaac's tear delay by 4 for the room.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Isaac fires two knives simultaneously.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Isaac fires 8 tears. Tears down does not stack.
- Mystery EggSpawns an egg familiar, which cracks and turns into a random friendly enemy when Isaac is hurt. The egg regenerates upon entering a different room.: Spawns two egg familiars.
- Mystery GiftUpon use, spawns a random item from the current room's item pool, with a chance to spawn A Lump of Coal or The Poop instead.: Each gift spawns one item.
- PentagramIncreases damage and increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear.: Further increases damage and increased chance for devil deals.
- ShadeSpawns a shadow familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 1 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.: Spawns two Shade familiars.
- Steam SaleReduces all Shop prices by 50%, rounded down to 7 coins for an item, rounded up to 2-3 coins for a pickup.: All items in shops become free. With RestockCauses shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode., items can be infinitely bought for free.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Isaac fires two lasers simultaneously.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Isaac fires two laser rings simultaneously.
- The RelicIsaac is followed by a small blue cross that will drop a Soul Heart every 4 rooms.: Spawns two crosses that can drop soul hearts.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Isaac fires 4 tears diagonally.
- Isaac fires 3 tears, one straight ahead and two diagonally.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Belly ButtonDrops a random trinket. Grants a second trinket slot./ Mom's PurseAllows Isaac to hold 1 additional trinket.: Does not allow more than two trinkets to be held at once.
- ? CardWhen used, copies the effect of Isaac's currently held activated collectible item.: Expends both the card and the item with no additional benefit.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Range increases twice. No effect on how many bone tears are fired, how many bone shards are fired, or tear height.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Only increases range further.
- Crown of LightGives Isaac a crown that glows blue when active, and turns gray when inactive. While Isaac has no empty red heart containers, Isaac's tears are replaced with blue diamond tears that deal double damage. Regardless of health, the crown will deactivate for the current room when Isaac takes damage.: Only further decreases shot speed and increases range.
- Dead EyeIsaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot.: The damage multiplier increases twice as fast, but still caps at double damage.
- Deep PocketsAllows Isaac to carry two cards or pills (or a combination of both) at the same time./ PolydactylyAllows Isaac to carry two cards, pills, or any combination of both at the same time. Drops a random card or pill./ Starter DeckIsaac can hold 2 cards at once and all pills are replaced by cards./ Little BaggyIsaac can hold 2 pills at once and all cards are replaced by pills.: Does not allow more than two pills or cards to be held at once.
- Eve's MascaraDoubles damage, halves tears stat, and greatly reduces shot speed.: The damage and tear multipliers do not stack. The shot speed does stack.
- Eye of BelialGrants piercing tears. After piercing one enemy, tears start homing and deal double damage.: Only further increases range.
- Finger!Spawns a finger familiar that points at enemies, dealing constant damage.: Spawns two familiars completely overlapping each other.
- GuillotineIsaac's head is removed from his body and floats around him. Increases Damage by 1 and grants -1 Tear Delay.: Isaac will have two orbital heads, but only one will fire tears.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: An extra effect is added in the room it was found in, but only a single effect will be given in future rooms.
- Iron BarIncreases damage by 0.3 and adds a chance to shoot concussive tears, causing enemies to walk around randomly.: Increases damage but not chance of concussive tears being fired.
- Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.: Spawns a copy of the same Key Piece.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Only further decreases speed.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Only further decreases shot speed.
- Magic MushroomIncreases all stats and enlargens Isaac.: Increases all stats twice, but damage significantly less the second time as the 1.5x multipliers do not stack.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Only increases range and firerate.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.: Only increases range.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Only increases range.
- Pointy RibSpawns a bone familiar that can be aimed with the fire buttons and does contact damage.: Spawns two familiars that completely overlap each other.
- PurityThis item will boost one of Isaac's stats depending on the color of the aura around him. The aura will disappear upon taking damage and will reappear with a random color upon entering a new room. A red aura boosts damage, a blue aura boosts rate of fire, a yellow aura boosts speed, and an orange aura boosts range.: No effect. Aura Changes after second Pickup.
- Sacred HeartIncreases damage and range while reducing shot speed and grants homing tears. Grants a Heart Container and replenishes all Red Hearts.: Further decreases tears and shot speed with no increase in damage.
- Sulfuric AcidIncreases damage. Adds a chance to fire acidic tears which can destroy obstacles.: Only further increases damage.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: Further increases shot speed, fire rate, and range with no other effects.
No Effect[edit | edit source]
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.
- Anemic+5 range. After Isaac is damaged, a trail of red creep will be left behind Isaac until he leaves the current room.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.
- Aries+0.25 Speed. Running into enemies while at a high speed will deal 18 points of damage. Does not prevent contact damage.
- AthameWhenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.
- Ball of TarAdds a chance to shoot slowing tears and the character leaves a trail of slowing creep behind as he moves, impeding enemies' speed.
- The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use.
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars.
- Blood of the MartyrIncreases Damage by 1, and turns Isaac's tears into blood tears.
- Cambion ConceptionAfter taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.
- Celtic CrossGrants a chance to trigger the Book of Shadows effect upon taking damage, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 7 seconds.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
- Circle of ProtectionSurrounds Isaac with a large white halo around him that pulsates. With each pulse, the halo deals contact damage to enemies equal to Isaac's damage. Each pulse also converts any enemy shots touching the ring into friendly purple homing tears.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.
- Curse of the TowerCauses Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic.
- Dad's RingCreates a ring of light around Isaac that petrifies enemies in contact.
- Dead OnionGrants piercing and spectral tears. Increases tear size (without increasing damage) while greatly reducing range and shot speed.
- Dead ToothWhile firing, Isaac gains a green aura that poisons nearby enemies.
- EpiphoraShooting in one direction increases Isaac's rate of fire until the cap is reached. As soon as Isaac changes direction or stops shooting, rate of fire is reset to its normal amount.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.
- Eye of GreedAdds a chance to fire tears that temporarily stun enemies and turn them into gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop coins.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.
- Ghost PepperAdds a chance to shoot a fire that damages enemies and remains in place until it deals enough damage or the room is left.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.
- Greed's GulletGrants a heart container for every 25 coins Isaac has.
- HabitWhen Isaac is hit, 1 point of an item's charge is filled.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.
- Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and blue flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal.
- Holy LightIsaac has a random chance to fire a Holy tear, which, when it hits an enemy, will spawn a Crack the Sky-style light beam on the same enemy, dealing damage.
- Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.
- LeprosyUpon taking damage, grants a body part as an orbital, which blocks enemy shots and deals 7 damage per tick to enemies it comes in contact with. The orbitals will be destroyed if they take enough damage from enemies or enemy shots.
- Linger BeanAdds a chance to fire a gas cloud that damages nearby enemies.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.
- Mom's EyeshadowTears have a chance to charm enemies.
- Mom's PerfumeAdds a chance to shoot fear tears and decreases tear delay by 1.
- Mom's PurseAllows Isaac to hold 1 additional trinket.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks).
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.
- SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.
- Spear of DestinyIn addition to tears, Isaac now holds a spear in front of him which deals damage equal to 2 times his tear damage, and occasionally inflicts fear. The spear cannot be thrown, but deals damage while it is in contact with an enemy.
- Tarot ClothDrops a random card or rune. Doubles the effects of cards and runes.
- TaurusSpeed down; gains speed while in a room with enemies until gaining My Little Unicorn effect for a few seconds.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.
- TelekinesisUpon use, for the next two seconds, any enemy shots that come near Isaac are held in place. After the charge is depleted, they are fired back as tears.
- There's OptionsThere will be 2 items available to choose from after defeating a boss. Choosing 1 item causes the other to disappear.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.
- Toxic ShockUpon entering a room, poisons all enemies, dealing double Isaac's tear damage. Killing enemies leaves a small, short lasting pool of green creep on the ground.
- Trinity ShieldIsaac gains a shield that protects him from enemy shots.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first Afterbirth item by ID number.
- Diplopia is the simultaneous perception of two images of a single object, commonly referred to as double vision.
- This item's icon is similar to Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks)..
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|