As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
A Dople is a completely skinless Isaac-like monster that can be encountered in Chapter 4. Doples mirror Isaac's movements exactly. They attack by firing blood shots, but only when Isaac fires tears, and these shots are fired at the same frequency as Isaac's tears.
Evil Twin[edit | edit source]
Evil Twins look like Doples that are black and have horns and wings. They shoot three spread blood shots instead of one but have a reduced fire rate. Also, due to the fact that they have flight, they cannot be hurt by spikes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Doples often appear in rooms that have hazards, such as Spikes. It is possible to kill a Dople by maneuvering Isaac in such a way that the Dople walks onto a hazard, though these spots are often blocked by obstacles such as rocks or Hosts.
- If Isaac attacks with an item that replaces regular tears with a charged attack such as Brimstone, Doples and Evil Twins will only attack when the beam first starts to charge up.
- If Isaac is blindfolded, Doples and Evil Twins will not attack.
- If Isaac has low tear delay, the Dople (but not the Evil Twin) will fire very rapidly at the same rate as Isaac, making it very dangerous.
- The Dople, despite mirroring Isaac's movements exactly, do not mimic his range. As a result, they can be significantly easier if Isaac has a higher range and attacks from as much of a distance as possible.
- If you are to charm a Dople/Evil Twin in a room with other enemies, the Dople/Evil Twin will try to copy the movement of every other enemy in the room, resulting in teleportation all around the room at very high speeds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Evil Twins appear to have The Inner Eye ability, given the fact that it has a spread of 3 shots and a slower fire rate compared to Doples.
- Doples and Evil Twins are based on the term doppelganger, which means a double of a living person.
- Doples are a reference to Doppelgängers from the game Tomb Raider. It's a replica of Lara Croft, the protagonist of the video game, and can be found in The Great Pyramid. It's a skinless creature that would mirror the player's movements and could be tricked into jumping into a pit of molten lava.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|