From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| Dr. Fetus|
|Defeat Mom's Heart 9 times|
(Page 1, Column 11, Row 3)
(Page 1, Column 1, Row 6)
- Tears are replaced with bombs that explode approximately one second after being fired.
- Each bomb deals 3 times the character's normal tear damage.
- Each bomb deals 5 times the character's normal tear damage plus a flat 30 damage. The flat 30 is not affected by damage multipliers.
- Dr. Fetus overrides multiple tear effect items but benefit from some (but not all) bomb-enhancing effects like Mr. Mega .
- In Afterbirth, many more synergies have been added.
- With Dr. Fetus, the range and shot speed stats both affect the velocity at which the bombs are fired out. Delay before explosion is not affected by either.
- Dr. Fetus is one of the items that directly affect tear delay.
- 20/20 : Shoots 2 bombs instead of 1 without decreased fire rate.
- Blood Clot : Bonus damage applies on every shot. Also turns bombs red.
- Bob's Bladder : Creep is left along the path that the bomb travels.
- Bobby-Bomb : Bombs slowly home in on enemies.
- Bomber Boy : Bombs explode in a large cross pattern.
- Butt Bombs : Bombs confuse enemies, and deal minor damage to the entire room, regardless of impact.
- Chocolate Milk : Slightly increases fire rate; no effect on damage.
- Cricket's Body : Bombs split outwards into 4 tiny bombs, which detonate almost immediately.
- Fire Mind : Bombs leave behind a fire like Hot Bombs .
- Fruit Cake : The random tear effects are instead applied on bomb explosion. Some of the normal effects are replaced with bomb-specific effects, like Glitter Bombs .
- Glitter Bombs : Each bomb fired has a chance of dropping a random consumable or trinket (rarer) after exploding. This synergy theoretically gives you an infinite supply of consumables.
- Holy Light : No effect.
- Host Hat : The item grants invincibility from explosions, preventing self-damage.
- Hot Bombs : Bombs leave behind fire that damages enemies on contact after exploding.
- Homing Tears: Bombs home in on enemies.
- The Inner Eye : Shoots 3 bombs instead of 1, but decreases fire rate.
- Ipecac : Isaac is immune to his own bomb shots (not explosives or placed bombs) and damage is massively increased, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Dr. Fetus. Shots will also explode immediately on impact with enemies, rocks or walls. If this synergy is mixed with Sad Bomb, Isaac will remain immune to the bomb itself, but not to the explosive tears. Mixing this synergy with Monstro's Lung renders Isaac no longer immune to his own shots, also they will explode as soon as you shoot.
- The Ludovico Technique : Bomb can be controlled before exploding, similar to Epic Fetus .
- Monstro's Lung : Same effect as 20/20 , except retains fire rate.
- Shoots 6 bombs which need to be fully charged before firing. The bombs detonate simultaneously.
- Mr. Mega : Adds 30 flat damage to bomb explosions.
- Mutant Spider : Shoots 4 bombs instead of 1, but decreases fire rate
- Poison Tears: Poison effects will give bombs a flat +50 damage. This is guaranteed by Ipecac , Bob's Curse , and Scorpio , and can also proc from The Common Cold or Pinky Eye .
- No damage increase from poison.
- Nose Goblin : Each bomb fired has a small chance to home in on enemies.
- Ouija Board : Bombs will become spectral and pass through objects just like spectral tears do.
- Polyphemus : Bombs increase in size and do increased damage.
- Bombs become Mr. Mega bombs. After they explode, they leave behind a regular-sized bomb.
- Pyromaniac : Bomb explosions heal Isaac, granting infinite health as long as Isaac has more than one heart container.
- Remote Detonator : Bombs can be detonated early, making it easier to hit moving enemies.
- Sad Bombs : Fires tears as normally placed Sad Bombs would. If this synergy is combined with Ipecac, the tears from the bomb become explosive, which Isaac is not immune to. Note: tears fired from previous Dr. Fetus bombs can collide with other Dr. Fetus bombs (can be negated with spectral tears).
- Scatter Bombs : Each bomb splits into 2-4 small bombs, each of which is also affected by Isaac's bomb modifiers.
- Serpent's Kiss : Causes your bombs to randomly be transformed into poison bombs.
- Spoon Bender : The bombs are purple and act as if Isaac had Bobby-Bomb .
- Tech X : A laser circle forms around the bomb and kills occasionally drop black hearts.
- The Wiz : Shoots two bombs diagonally.
- A Lump of Coal : No damage increase.
- Anti-Gravity : Tears up, but no anti-gravity effect.
- Brimstone : Overrides Brimstone.
- : Isaac continuously fires bombs while charging the blood laser. Overrides Azazel's blood laser.
- Cricket's Body : Slight tears up and greatly reduced range, but bombs do not split.
- : Upon exploding, bombs split into four small bombs that are not affected by Isaac's bomb modifiers.
- Compound Fracture : No effect beyond slight range increase, bombs do not split.
- Dark Matter : Grants a chance for bombs to inflict Fear on enemies
- Death's Touch : Tear size and shape don't apply, but all other effects apply.
- Epic Fetus : Overrides Dr. Fetus.
- Explosivo : Bombs fired have a chance to stick to an enemy, much like Sticky Bombs .
- Guppy: Dr. Fetus Bombs exploding do not spawn flies.
- Keeper: Decreases Keepers tear rate but he shoots 3 bombs.
- Loki's Horns : Grants a chance to fire four bombs in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's Eye : Grants a chance to shoot an extra bomb from the back of Isaac's head.
- Mom's Knife : Overrides the bomb.
- : Isaac continuously fires bombs while charging the knife.
- My Reflection : Bombs lose momentum and slide back towards Isaac.
- Mysterious Liquid : Exploding bombs leave behind a large pool of creep.
- Number One : Reduces range, increases tear rate, and tints bombs yellow.
- The Parasite : No effect.
- Bombs split into two bombs upon exploding.
- Piercing Tears: Bombs travel through enemies.
- Pulse Worm : No effect.
- Soy Milk : Rapidly fires low-damage bombs.
- Tammy's Head : Shoots 10 bombs in a circle around Isaac.
- Technology : Overrides Technology.
- Both bombs and lasers are fired.
- Technology 2 : Both laser and bombs are fired. If playing as Cain, the ability to fire bombs is removed, leaving only the laser.
- Tiny Planet : Bombs fly uncontrollably around the player. This is very dangerous and not recommended.
- Tough Love : Applies damage and radius bonus, however bomb appearance remains unchanged.
- Tears that would have fired a tooth shot instead become a bomb with the Mr. Mega effect, dealing more damage and shaking the screen.
Bug! The black ring generated from the synergy of Dr Fetus and Tech X behaves as a Maw of the Void ring and causes black hearts to drop.
- Dr. Fetus is the main villain in Super Meat Boy, a game by Edmund McMillen (the creator of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth).
- This item is used in Challenge #9 (Demo Man).
KP6M WZAJ (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (normal and hard mode)
9LCJ RQG8 (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|