(page 1, column 11, row 3)
(page 1, column 1, row 6)
|Defeat Mom's Heart 9 times|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears are replaced with bombs that explode approximately one second after being fired.
- Each bomb deals 3 times the character's normal tear damage.
- Each bomb deals 5 times the character's normal tear damage plus a flat 30 damage. The flat 30 is not affected by damage multipliers.
- Tears down: Delay * 2.5.
- The range and shot speed stats both affect the velocity at which the bombs are fired out. Delay before the explosion is not affected by either.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Fetus overrides multiple tear effect items but benefit from some (but not all) bomb-enhancing effects like Mr. Mega.
- Many more synergies have been added, and all passive bomb modifiers affect Dr. Fetus.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Apple! / Euthanasia: Damage multiplier may be applied to the non-flat damage without a visual difference. Euthanasia bombs do not retain the instant kill ability.
- Angelic Prism: When bombs pass through the prism, they will be quadrupled.
- Blood Clot / Chemical Peel: Bonus damage has a 50% chance of happening. Blood Clot colors the affected bombs red.
- Bobby-Bomb / Homing tears: Bombs home in on enemies.
- Cricket's Body: Bombs split outwards into 4 tiny bombs, which detonate almost immediately.
- Explosivo: Bombs fired have a chance to stick to an enemy, much like Sticky Bombs.
- Fire Mind / Hot Bombs: Bombs leave behind a fire that damages enemies on contact after exploding, and bombs themselves deal 1 point of damage on contact.
- Haemolacria: Significantly increased tear delay. Isaac fires a large arcing tear reminiscent of a bomb that scatters into 3-5 bombs that explode simultaneously.
- Incubus: The Incubus will fire out bombs that, despite being visually smaller, have normal damage and explosion range.
- Ipecac: Isaac is immune to his bomb shots (not explosives or placed bombs) and the damage is massively increased, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Dr. Fetus. Shots will also explode immediately on impact with enemies, rocks or walls.
- The Ludovico Technique: Bomb can be controlled before exploding, similar to Epic Fetus. Isaac does not shoot bombs while controlling it.
- Monstro's Lung: Shoots 6 bombs that need to be fully charged before firing. The bombs detonate simultaneously.
- Mr. Mega: Adds 25 flat damage to bomb explosions.
- Mysterious Liquid: Exploding bombs leave behind a large pool of creep.
- Nose Goblin: Bombs shot out can randomly become homing.
- The Parasite: Upon exploding, bombs split into two other bombs, which explode almost immediately and deal a flat 24 damage.
- Poison tears: Poison effects will give bombs a flat +50 damage. This is guaranteed by Ipecac, Bob's Curse, and Scorpio, and can also proc from The Common Cold or Pinky Eye.
- No damage increase from poison.
- Polyphemus: Bombs increase in size and do increased damage.
- Bombs become Mr. Mega bombs, which adds 25 flat damage to explosions. After they explode, they leave behind a regular-sized bomb that deals 60 flat damage, much like a traditional bomb.
- Proptosis: Doubles damage with no penalty for distance.
- Remote Detonator: Bombs can be detonated early, making it easier to hit moving enemies. They will eventually explode on their own, unlike ordinary bombs, however.
- Tech X: A laser circle forms around the bomb.
- Tough Love: Damage multiplier may be applied to the non-flat damage without a visual difference.
- Tears that would have fired a tooth shot instead become a bomb with the Mr. Mega effect, adding a flat 25 damage and shaking the screen.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Overriden by Dr. Fetus. Tear delay decrease is still applied.
- Brimstone: Overrides Brimstone.
- : Isaac continuously fires bombs while charging the blood laser. Overrides Azazel's blood laser.
- Chocolate Milk: Bombs can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%.
- Cricket's Body: Stat effects apply, but bombs do not split. Not recommended, as the greatly reduced range can make self-damage likely.
- Upon exploding, bombs split into four small bombs that are not affected by Isaac's bomb modifiers. Stat effects are still applied.
- Compound Fracture: No effect, but range increase is still applied.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Dr. Fetus.
- The Forgotten: A live bomb will spawn on top of The Forgotten when he starts charging his attack. The Forgotten will toss bombs after releasing the charge, airborne bombs deal 1.5x his damage if they collide with an enemy with enough speed. Max distance is obtained with minimal charge. If the bomb explodes while charging, a normal ranged bone attack happens after releasing it. The melee attack is unaffected.
- Tear Detonator: No effect.
- Guppy: Dr. Fetus Bombs exploding do not spawn flies.
- Kidney Stone: Not recommended. The range decrease applies, but since the tear height stat doesn't affect Dr. Fetus' bombs, they spawn directly in front of Isaac, making self-damage very likely.
- Lachryphagy: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- Lead Pencil: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- A Lump of Coal: No damage increase.
- Marked: Overridden by Dr. Fetus. Tear delay decrease is still applied.
- Monstro's Lung: Same effect as 20/20, except retains fire rate.
- Ipecac + Monstro's Lung: Not recommended. Isaac is no longer immune to his own bombs, and since they explode as soon as they make contact, it makes self-damage very likely.
- Mom's Eye: Grants a chance to shoot an extra bomb from the back of Isaac's head.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Dr. Fetus.
- Isaac continuously fires bombs while charging the knife.
- Mom's Knife + Incubus: The Incubus loses the ability to fire out bombs.
- My Reflection: Not recommended, as bombs lose momentum and slide back towards Isaac, making self-damage very likely.
- The Parasite: No effect.
- Piercing tears / Spectral tears: Using piercing/spectral tears is not recommended as it will make aiming at and killing enemies or destroying obstacles more difficult.
- Pop!: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- Sad Bombs: Fires tears as normally placed Sad Bombs would.
- Sticky Bombs: Bombs stick to enemies, but enemies killed by the bomb will not spawn Blue Spiders.
- Technology: Overrides Technology.
- Both bombs and lasers are fired.
- Technology Zero: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- Tiny Planet: Not recommended. Bombs fly uncontrollably around the player, making self-damage very likely.
- Trisagion: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dr. Fetus and Epic Fetus items are based on Dr. Fetus, the main villain in Super Meat Boy which is a game by Edmund McMillen (the creator of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth).
- This item is used in Demo Man (challenge #9).
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, Dr. Fetus was unlocked by beating Mom's Heart five times instead of nine.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9LCJ RQG8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
RX1E JBV9 (First floor Treasure Room)
BGGY NWTC (First Treasure Room)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! The black ring generated from the synergy of Dr. Fetus and Tech X behaves as a Maw of the Void ring and may cause black hearts to drop.
- Anarchist Cookbook
- Bob's Curse
- Bob's Rotten Head
- Bomber Boy
- Butt Bombs
- Curse of the Tower
- Dr. Fetus
- Fast Bombs
- Glitter Bombs
- Hot Bombs
- Mama Mega!
- Mr. Boom
- Mr. Mega
- No. 2
- Remote Detonator
- Sad Bombs
- Scatter Bombs
- Sticky Bombs
|Mom's Heart Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|