Duct Tape is a trinket added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth † expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Stops orbital familiars from rotating around Isaac.
- Stops shooting familiars from moving.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Familiars are stopped in the exact position they are when Duct Tape is picked up. Position of familiars can be changed by dropping Duct Tape and picking it up again.
- Blue Flies orbiting Isaac move less relative to Isaac.
- Many familiars, especially those that can move freely through the room, are not affected by Duct Tape, including:
- ???'s SoulSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a pattern similar to The Peeper and fires spectral and homing tears.
- 7 SealsGrants a random Harbinger familiar that changes every 10 seconds.
- AbelA familiar that mirrors the player's movements and shoots in the opposite direction.
- Angry FlySpawns a fly familiar that orbits around a random enemy and deals 5 damage per tick to enemies it comes in contact with.
- Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat.: At level 3 and 4.
- BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds.
- Big ChubbySpawns a familiar that slowly charges forward and damages enemies in its path.: Will still slowly charge forward slowly but return to the same spot each time.
- Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.: Will still slowly charge forward slowly but return to the same spot each time.
- BumboSpawns a beggar familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins, leveling up after collecting several coins. At level 2, Bumbo gains a body. At level 3, it begins to fire tears. At level 4, Bumbo chases enemies slowly, dealing contact damage.
- Bum FriendA portable beggar who follows Isaac, picks up coins for himself, and occasionally drops a pickup after collecting a coin. Does not spawn collectibles.
- Cain's Other EyeSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a zig-zag pattern similar to The Peeper and shoots normal tears in the same direction as Isaac.
- Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages.: At level 3 and 4.
- Daddy LonglegsDaddy Long Legs' shadow follows Isaac and stomps on enemies.
- Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider.
- Dead BirdSpawns a flying familiar for the current room that chases enemies whenever Isaac takes damage.
- Finger!Spawns a finger familiar that points at enemies, dealing constant damage.
- GeminiSuture becomes attached to Isaac, and does touch damage to enemies within its attacking range.: Will stay in place relative to Isaac, but the effect of chasing enemies still persists.
- Guppy's Hair BallLoosely follows behind Isaac. Can be swung like a flail by rapidly spinning Isaac in a circle. Grows bigger by killing enemies.
- Jaw BoneSpawns a familiar that flies the room while firing, dealing double Isaac's tear damage to enemies that come in contact and retrieving pickups.: Will still slowly charge forward slowly but return to the same spot each time.
- Key BumSpawns a portable key master that follows Isaac and collects keys, giving random chests in return.
- King BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac and makes other familiars follow it. While firing tears, it stops moving.
- LeechSpawns a friendly familiar leech on the ground that hunts down enemies and heals you for half a heart each time it eats one.
- Lil DeliriumGrants a familiar that transforms into another random familiar every 10 seconds.: Depending on the form it takes.
- Lil GurdyGives Isaac a Gurdy familiar that will charge around the room dealing contact damage to enemies. Lil Gurdy is charged by holding down a fire button and letting go. The longer the button is held, the faster Lil Gurdy will fling itself across the screen. Lil Gurdy can pass over objects and obstacles in the room.
- Lil HauntA familiar that damages enemies by chasing them as well as inducing the fear effect.
- Little ChubbyA familiar that charges forward and deals touch damage to any enemies in its path.: Will still slowly charge forward slowly but return to the same spot each time.
- Lost FlyA familiar fly that moves in a straight line and attaches itself to the first obstacle or wall it comes into contact with in each room. If any enemies walk into its path, it will deal 7 contact damage per tick. If the obstacle it is attached to is destroyed then it will continue rolling in the direction it was previously travelling until it meets another wall or obstacle.
- Mom's ToenailMom's foot randomly stomps down somewhere in the room. 1 minute intervals.
- Multidimensional BabySpawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed.
- Obsessed FanA purple fly familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.
- Papa FlyA blue fly familiar follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay. Papa Fly will fire tears at nearby enemies.
- Pointy RibSpawns a bone familiar that can be aimed with the fire buttons and does contact damage.
- The PeeperSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a zig-zag pattern similar to Boom Flies damaging enemies it passes through.
- Punching BagSpawns a Mulligan Familiar that will wander the room randomly. Enemies will attack the Mulligan if it's closer.
- Robo-Baby 2.0Fires lasers at any enemy in its line of sight and moves based on the direction Isaac is firing tears.
- Samson's ChainsPull a chain and ball behind you that will damage enemies on contact and is able to break stones.
- ShadeSpawns a shadow familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 1 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.
- Sissy LonglegsWanders about the room, occasionally spawning blue spiders.
- Smart FlyAfter Isaac takes damage, this fly will deal continuous touch damage to whatever enemy caused the damage until it is dead. The fly will then systematically attack 1 enemy at a time until the room is cleared.: Fly will stay in place when orbiting Isaac but will still pursue enemies.
- Spider ModDisplays Isaac's tear damage and enemy health bars. Spawns a gray spider familiar that wanders around and inflicts a random status effect on any enemies it comes into contact with. Occasionally spawns a blue spider upon clearing a room.
- SuccubusSpawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier.
- YO LISTEN!+1 luck. Spawns a fairy familiar that points out secret room entrances and tinted rocks.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|