Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Hurts Isaac without taking away health, activating any items that trigger upon taking damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- AthameWhenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.: Similar to Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it. but with a higher chance of a black heart drop when it kills enemies.
- Bloody LustIncreases damage as Isaac receives damage. Damage increase stays for the whole floor.: Allows building up Bloody Lust charges with no risk to health.
- Butter!Using an active item will drop it onto a pedestal on the ground. Taking damage may result in dropping a passive item.: Can be used for a chance of removing a passive item from Isaac.
- Cambion ConceptionAfter taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns.: Counts as damage taken for the purpose of generating new familiars.
- CancerAdds 3 soul hearts. Grants The Wafer effect for the current room upon taking damage.: Further hits taken in the room are reduced to half a heart of damage.
- PurityThis item will boost one of Isaac's stats depending on the color of the aura around him. The aura will disappear upon taking damage and will reappear with a random color upon entering a new room. A red aura boosts damage, a blue aura boosts rate of fire, a yellow aura boosts speed, and an orange aura boosts range.: Can be used to change the type of Purity aura with no risk to health.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: If Isaac is at half a heart and Scapular has not already triggered this room, Dull Razor will trigger Scapular, giving Isaac a Soul Heart.
- Smart FlyAfter Isaac takes damage, this fly will deal continuous touch damage to whatever enemy caused the damage until it is dead. The fly will then systematically attack 1 enemy at a time until the room is cleared.: Unleashes Smart Fly to attack enemies.
- Stop WatchRemoved in Afterbirth Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Added in Afterbirth Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room.: Slows down the room with no risk to health.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Cone HeadGrants a soul heart. Adds a chance to block enemy shots.: Can block the effect of Dull Razor, wasting it.
- Crown of LightGives Isaac a crown that glows blue when active, and turns gray when inactive. While Isaac has no empty red heart containers, Isaac's tears are replaced with blue diamond tears that deal double damage. Regardless of health, the crown will deactivate for the current room when Isaac takes damage.: Disables Crown of Light for the current room.
- HabitWhen Isaac is hit, 1 point of an item's charge is filled.: Does not charge the Dull Razor itself.
- Habit + The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use. + Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: Instantly recharges on use, allowing invincibility and damage trigger effects on demand.
- Habit + SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items.: Charges the item in the Schoolbag.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: The Holy Mantle absorbs the Dull Razor, wasting both.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: Completely nullifies the effect of Dull Razor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As using the Dull Razor will grant invincibility frames like normal damage, this item can be used to enter Curse Rooms or use Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars for free.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item works almost identically to the Voodoo Pin in Antibirth.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
|The RazorDefeat Satan as EveSacrificial DaggerDefeat ??? as EveEve's Bird FootDefeat Isaac as EveBlack LipstickDefeat The Lamb as EveEve's MascaraComplete the Boss Rush as EveCrow BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Eve||AthameDefeat Hush as EveBlack FeatherDefeat Ultra Greed as EveLil' BabyDefeat Mega Satan as EveWhore BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Eve||Dull RazorDefeat Delirium as EveCrow HeartDefeat Ultra Greedier as Eve|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|