Eden is a new character in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, unlocked by completing The Womb for the first time. Eden is unique in that they are only playable when the player has at least one Eden Token. Eden Tokens are awarded every time Mom's Heart, It Lives, or Ultra Greed is defeated. Each time a game is started as Eden, one token is consumed and a new Eden is randomly generated based on the seed, with one of the multiple hairstyles, random base stats, and two randomly chosen starting items.
Eden's stats are centered around Isaac's, meaning that they are on average identical to Isaac's but may vary significantly from run to run. The stats you see on this page are all ranges with Isaac's stats at the center, plus or minus a certain amount up to the values listed.
For details regarding the exact generation of an Eden Run, check Eden Generation.
- Holding R to reset doesn't work with Eden, and every time you start a new run, you use up one Eden token.
- Eden can start with any item, including The Negative or The Polaroid if already unlocked.
- Stats are assigned before items. For example, starting with Bucket of Lard will make Eden spawn with however many hearts they started with, plus an additional two Red Heart containers (one half of which will be filled, the rest left empty).
- Some of the items Eden can start with will instantly unlock certain characters (e.g. Starting with A Dollar while Cain has yet to be unlocked, or starting with PJs before unlocking Lazarus).
- Eden Tokens are not awarded for killing Mom's Heart or It Lives in The Void.
Eden starting with The Negative.
- In the book of Genesis, the Garden of Eden was the place where Adam and Eve lived before consuming the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and thus being cast out by God.
- According to Edmund, Eden is neither male nor female. A quote from Edmund says “Eden is the fabled “mystery man” I’ve talked about in interviews before I had a fully realized idea of what they would become… see Eden isn’t a man, nor are they a woman.. they just are.“
- Because of how Eden's stats work, Eden can start with decimal luck.
- Playing as Eden is the only way to have non-integer luck.
- When actually used in formulas, luck is rounded towards zero. This means Eden's effective starting luck is almost guaranteed to be 0.
- During development, Edmund asked fans to contribute hairstyles for Eden. 
- Many of Eden's hairstyles added in the Booster Packs resemble the hairstyles of other playable characters such as Magdalene and Lazarus.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|