Eden is a new character in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, unlocked by completing The Womb for the first time. Eden is unique in that they are only playable when the player has at least one Eden Token. Eden Tokens are awarded every time Mom's Heart, It Lives, or Ultra Greed is defeated. Each time a game is started as Eden, one token is consumed and a new Eden is randomly generated based on the seed, with one of ten hairstyles, random base stats, and two randomly chosen starting items.
For details regarding the exact generation of a Eden Run, check Eden Generation.
Eden's stats are centered around Isaac's, basically meaning that they are like Isaac but may vary significantly. The stats you see on this page are all ranges with Isaac's stats at the center, plus or minus a certain amount up to the values listed. It is currently unknown how the game generates Eden's stats, or how it handles particularly powerful or particularly weak Edens.
Eden starts with a different hairstyle in every playthrough, but this is purely cosmetic.
- Holding R to reset doesn't work with Eden, and every time you start a new run, you use up one Eden token.
- After starting a run and transforming into another character (using items like AnkhUpon death, the player will respawn as ??? with 3 soul hearts. or ClickerTransforms Isaac into another random character.), holding R to reset will work and start a new run as Eden, even if you don't have tokens.
- Holding R to reset will consume an Eden Token and start a new run.
- Eden can start with any item, including The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room. or The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. if already unlocked.
- Stats are assigned before items. For example, starting with Bucket of LardGrants two empty heart containers and heals Isaac by half a heart, but decreases speed by 0.2. will make Eden spawn with however many hearts they started with, plus an additional two heart containers (one half of which will be filled, the rest left empty).
- Some of the items Eden can start with will instantly unlock certain characters (e.g. Starting with A DollarGives Isaac 99 coins. Can be found multiple times in a single playthrough. while Cain has yet to be unlocked, or starting with PJsGrants four soul hearts and fully restores Isaac's red health. before unlocking Lazarus).
Eden starting with The Negative
- In the book of Genesis, the Garden of Eden was the place where Adam and Eve lived before consuming the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and thus being cast out by God.
- According to Edmund, Eden is neither male nor female. A quote from Edmund says “Eden is the fabled “mystery man” ive talked about in interviews before i had a fully realized idea of what they would become… see Eden isnt a man, nor are they a woman.. they just are.“
- During development, Edmund asked fans to contribute hairstyles for Eden. 
- The current world record for a win streak as Eden is held by Shisheyu Mayamoto with a streak of 909 while playing in Hard Mode.
- Because of how Eden's stats work, Eden can start with decimal luck.
- Playing as Eden is the only way to have non-integer luck.
- When actually used in formulas, luck is rounded towards zero. This means Eden's effective starting luck is almost guaranteed to be 0.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|