Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
| Whore of BabylonIncreases damage and speed whenever Isaac has half a red heart or less (one red heart for Eve), ignoring any soul or black hearts.|
Dead BirdSpawns a flying familiar for the current room that chases enemies whenever Isaac takes damage.
Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room.
|Don't pick up any hearts for 2 floors in a rowEve|
Eve is a character unlocked by beating two floors in a row without collecting any heart pickups. Eve starts with two red heart containers, Whore of BabylonIncreases damage and speed whenever Isaac has half a red heart or less (one red heart for Eve), ignoring any soul or black hearts., and the Dead BirdSpawns a flying familiar for the current room that chases enemies whenever Isaac takes damage..
- Eve will also start with the Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room. upon donating 439 coins to the Greed Machine.
- However, if the Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room. has not been unlocked by defeating Satan with Eve, Eve will not start with the Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room. until both conditions have been fulfilled.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other characters, Eve's Whore of BabylonIncreases damage and speed whenever Isaac has half a red heart or less (one red heart for Eve), ignoring any soul or black hearts.'s effect activates with one remaining red heart, instead of half a heart, and it will set her damage multiplier to 1.00.
- When unlocking Eve, gaining heart containers does not count as picking up heart pickups.
- Upon donating 439 coins to the Greed Machine, Eve will start with the Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room.. This allows Eve to get to her Whore of Babylon state without having to rely on a Devil Deal, Devil beggar, or Blood Donation Machine.
Item & Strategy Notes[edit | edit source]
- Eve works well when she's low on health; using Devil beggars and Blood Donation Machines are good ways to activate Whore of Babylon.
- Guppy's PawRemoves one red heart container in exchange for gaining 3 Soul Hearts. is also a useful item for building up damage, providing soul hearts and free Whore of Babylon during the run.
- Curse Rooms are usually pleasant to find at the beginning of a run, since without health upgrades, they will lower Eve's health into her Whore of Babylon state, and can potentially hold useful items and/or Soul/Black hearts to protect Eve after transforming. If not already active, be sure to damage yourself upon the curse room door before accepting Soul or Black hearts to activate the Whore of Babylon state.
Good items[edit | edit source]
- Items that take red heart containers away typically do so as a cost to counterbalance its potent benefits; for Eve however, this supposed cost will likely be beneficial due to Whore of Babylon. Such items include Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again., Guppy's PawRemoves one red heart container in exchange for gaining 3 Soul Hearts., and AbaddonIncreases damage and speed, removes all red heart containers, grants six black hearts, and adds a chance to shoot fear tears..
- Following the same logic, items that make deals with the devil more likely will allow Eve to trade her red heart containers away more reliably, making it safer to gain health for the sole purpose of spending it in a Devil Room.
- As Eve will prefer having little to no red hearts, she will need alternative ways to stay alive. As such, items that are conducive of spawning soul hearts or black hearts will be instrumental for Eve. Such items include Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider., Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom)., Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart., MitreGrants a chance of converting any red hearts pickups into soul hearts instead., and many more.
- The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. works very well with the Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room., when Eve is at half-a-red-heart or less. During the period of invincibility after taking damage, the player can spam the Razor Blade quite a few times and vastly increase Eve's damage with no penalty.
- Items that activate with low health such as Dark Prince's CrownIncreases range, tears, and shot speed when at exactly one red heart. work well with Eve.
Bad items[edit | edit source]
- Any items that give Eve red heart containers are potentially bad since it could deactivate the Whore of Babylon effect. However, because heart containers are very useful in deals with the devil, it could also benefit Eve greatly to hold on to the containers temporarily. Thus, an understanding of Devil Room spawning occurrence and chance is essential in deciding whether or not to take such items.
- Items that heal red heart containers (such as PlacentaGrants a full heart container, and a chance to regenerate a half-heart of health every minute of gameplay., Charm of the VampireHeals the character for half of a red heart for every 13 monsters killed., and the TickDrain 15% health of each enemy with more than 60 HP (ie. most bosses). Also restores one red heart of Isaac whenever he enters an uncleared boss room. The Tick cannot be swapped out for another trinket.) can, and oftentimes, inevitably will cancel the effect of Whore of Babylon, if Eve has more than one red heart container.
- Items that attract pick-ups will force Eve into avoiding red hearts so she could keep the Whore of Babylon effect, should she have more than one red heart container.
- Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest. causes more red hearts to appear, something which is generally undesirable in an Eve run without Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider., and can make more useful items such as bombs or keys less likely to appear.
Unlockable items[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Eve was a playable character in the original Binding of Isaac.
- In the original, Eve was unlocked by making two or more devil deals in one run. This unlock method was given to Azazel in Rebirth.
- According to biblical theology, Eve was the first woman on earth, born of Adam's rib in the book of Genesis.
- In the original game, Eve had a unique effect in that she would leave a bloodstain when entering a room at half a heart remaining instead of a urine stain. This was thought to be a reference to menstruation, as biblically menstruation was a curse upon Eve given by God. It is unknown if this feature was intentionally left out or was simply overlooked in Rebirth. This feature was re-added in Booster Pack #5.
- Eve was confirmed to be Edmund McMillen's favorite character from the Binding of Isaac in a Twitter AMA.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|