Not to be confused with Cain's EyeWhen starting a floor, 25% chance to get the The Compass effect for the duration of a floor. or Cain's Other EyeSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a zig-zag pattern similar to The Peeper and shoots normal tears in the same direction as Isaac..
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac will occasionally fire a slow-moving eye with infinite range that fires tears identical to Isaac's tears in the direction that Isaac is firing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The eye has the same rate of fire and damage as Isaac.
- The direction of the eye's tears is affected by the direction the eye is traveling in.
- Not affected by Luck.
- The eyes are not treated as familiars and therefore will not synergize with items like BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars..
- Eyes disappear when hitting walls, enemies, and obstacles, even if Isaac has piercing or spectral tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: No effect; the eyes will still fire single tears.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Eyes that hit the prism will be destroyed. Tears that the eyes fire will split if they travel through the prism.
- Azazel: No effect.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: The tears fired by the eyes match Isaac's current charge. The eyes will not charge shots; they will continually fire in the direction that Isaac is aiming in.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Eyes will still disappear when hitting walls; however, they will fire tears that can travel through walls.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Removes ability to fire eyes.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Removes ability to fire eyes.
- Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect.: Blocks the Evil Eye effect, making it hard to use.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Incubus cannot fire eyes.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Tears fired by eyes can damage Isaac.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Eyes will fire barrages of tears every 15 times they fire their own tears.
- Lil GurdyGives Isaac a Gurdy familiar that will charge around the room dealing contact damage to enemies. Lil Gurdy is charged by holding down a fire button and letting go. The longer the button is held, the faster Lil Gurdy will fling itself across the screen. Lil Gurdy can pass over objects and obstacles in the room.: Destroys eyes if it touches them.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: No effect.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Tears shot from the eye shoot in the direction that Isaac is moving the cursor towards, not at the cursor.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Removes the ability to fire eyes.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Eyes spawn more often but only fire one tear at a time.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Sprinkler cannot fire eyes.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Removes the ability to fire eyes.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Eyes only fire normal tears.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Removes ability to fire eyes.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Eyes travel straight forward, and tears fired by eyes orbit Isaac.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something. - The tears fired by the eyes will split into smaller tears.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Eyes will fire Haemolacria tears that will burst.
- Homing Tears: Eyes will fire homing tears; however, the eye itself will not home in on enemies.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Eyes will fire tears that can be fed.
- Piercing tears - The eyes will travel through enemies.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Eyes will fire eyeball tears but cannot be knocked around by them.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage. - The eyes will shoot big tears that will deal more damage.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession. - The eyes will fire tears very quickly.
- Spectral tears - The eyes will travel through rocks.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Eyes will fire beams.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In many different cultures, the evil eye is a curse cast upon someone, usually by a malicious glare, which can cause them injury or misfortune.
- The design, name, and style is taken from the Evil Eye, also known as the nazar (نظر) in arabic. The Evil Eye is a talisman used to ward off evil and is prevalent in many cultures around the world.
- The blue colour, milky effect, and name may be a reference to "The Tell-Tale Heart", a poem by famous Gothic poet Edgar Allan Poe
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Evil Eye's original appearance before Booster Pack #5.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3KKG ENQN (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn, surrounded by rocks and spikes)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|