Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode a few seconds afterwards, dealing 60 damage plus Isaac's tear damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tears that stick to enemies do not deal any damage until they explode.
- If an enemy dies or teleports with an Explosivo tear attached, the tear detaches and drops to the ground. If the detached tears touch an enemy, they will stick to that enemy and explode.
- However, when an Explosivo tear is attached to Loki or Lokii, the tear teleports with the respective boss when the boss teleports.
- The explosions can damage Isaac.
- Be careful with large-sized tears: as Explosivo causes them to grow even larger, they can completely obscure enemies and their surroundings.
- Explosivo is not affected by Luck.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect.: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects troll bombs.: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Explosivo.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Explosivo.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Explosivo.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Not recommended. Tear will alternate between "normal" and black. If it touches an enemy, it will stick to it, grow in size, then explode. While the tear is stuck to an enemy, it stops doing damage and cannot be controlled, leaving the player helpless.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Explosivo.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Explosivo.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Overrides Explosivo.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Each tear has a chance of having the Explosivo effect.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Explosivo tears that pass through the prism will split into four Explosivo tears; while normal tears that pass through the prism will split into four normal tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears and split tears can have Explosivo effect.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: The explosion results in split Explosivo shots being fired outward, almost always resulting in another landing on the original target if it survives.
- Evil EyeWhile firing tears, Isaac has a chance to fire an eye across the screen with a very slow shot speed, which will fire tears of its own in the same direction as Isaac. The eye will be destroyed if it comes into contact with an enemy or obstacle.: Eyes can also fire Explosivo tears.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: The tear keeps its damaging aura while attached to the enemy, the aura growing as the tear does until it explodes. The aura can damage only enemies other than the one the tear is stuck to, however.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Main tears and burst tears can have Explosivo effect. If main tears have Explosivo effect, the burst tears will also have the Explosivo effect and all explode dealing massive damage.
- Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions./ PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.: The explosion will no longer damage Isaac. The latter item will heal Isaac.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Sticking shots explode with a huge explosion. Also, stuck shots will explode even if they fall to the floor.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Explosivo tears can be fed and will burst into Explosivo tears; however, if normal tears are fed first, Explosivo fed to the normal tears will not give the tear the Explosivo effect.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Explosivo tears spawn more often.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Enemies that have an Explosivo tear stuck to them won't be able to shoot any tears.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.: Increases the damage of Explosivo's explosions to 110.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Leaves a pool of green creep on the floor, similar to Bob's BladderLeaves a pool of green creep under all bombs Isaac places, which damages enemies that walk over it. bombs (but slightly larger).
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them.: Adds a chance for a booger Explosivo tear to be fired which grows, sticks to enemies, and poisons them.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Extreme rate of fire and flat damage from the explosions provide more than make up for the dismal tear damage.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Sprinkler can fire Explosivo tears.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: When a tear sticks to an enemy, nearby enemies will be quickly pulled in the direction of the tear.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Stuck tears will still generate arcs of electricity. Multiple tears stuck to a single enemy can cause very rapid damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Possible reference to a scene from "The Incredibles" where the black tar balls grew and grew when they hit Mr. Incredible.
- Possible reference to the Tenacious D song of the same name.
- The icon may be a reference to the NES game Top Gun as it looks incredibly similar to the missiles that shoot at you in the game.
- Explosivo means Explosive in Portuguese and Spanish.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|