Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode a few seconds afterward, dealing 60 damage plus Isaac's tear damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tears that stick to enemies do not deal any damage until they explode.
- If an enemy dies or teleports with an Explosivo tear attached, the tear detaches and drops to the ground. If the detached tears touch an enemy, they will stick to that enemy and explode.
- However, when an Explosivo tear is attached to Loki or Lokii, the tear teleports with the respective boss when the boss teleports.
- The explosions can damage Isaac.
- Be careful with large-sized tears: as Explosivo causes them to grow even larger, they can completely obscure enemies and their surroundings.
- Explosivo is not affected by luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Angelic Prism: Explosivo tears that pass through the prism will split into four Explosivo tears; while normal tears that pass through the prism will split into four normal tears.
- Bob's Rotten Head: Bob's Rotten Head has a chance to stick onto enemies. The explosion will be twice as large.
- Compound Fracture/ The Parasite: Tears and split tears can have Explosivo effect.
- Cricket's Body: The explosion results in split Explosivo shots being fired outward, almost always resulting in another landing on the original target if it survives.
- Evil Eye: Eyes can also fire Explosivo tears.
- Godhead: The tear keeps its damaging aura while attached to the enemy, the aura grows as the tear does until it explodes. The aura can damage only enemies other than the one the tear is stuck to, however.
- Haemolacria: Main tears and burst tears can have the Explosivo effect. If the main tears have the Explosivo effect, the burst tears will also have the Explosivo effect and all explode dealing massive damage.
- Ipecac: Sticking shots explode with a huge explosion. Also, stuck shots will explode even if they fall to the floor.
- Error: The given collectible ("Lachryphagy") does not exist.: Explosivo tears can be fed and will burst into Explosivo tears; however, if normal tears are fed first, Explosivo fed to the normal tears will not give the tear the Explosivo effect.
- Mr. Mega: Increases the damage of Explosivo's explosions to 110.
- Mysterious Liquid: Leaves a pool of green creep on the floor.
- Soy Milk: Extreme rate of fire and flat damage from the explosions provide more than enough to make up for the dismal tear damage.
- Sprinkler: Sprinkler can fire Explosivo tears.
- Strange Attractor: When a tear sticks to an enemy, nearby enemies will be quickly pulled in the direction of the tear.
- Technology Zero: Stuck tears will still generate arcs of electricity. Multiple tears stuck to a single enemy can cause very rapid damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Curse: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- Bomber Boy: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- Brimstone: Overrides Explosivo.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Explosivo.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Explosivo.
- Glitter Bombs: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- Lost Contact: Tears that stick to enemies can still block/be destroyed by enemy shots.
- The Ludovico Technique: Not recommended. Tear will alternate between "normal" and black. If it touches an enemy, it will stick to it, grow in size, then explode. While the tear is stuck to an enemy, it stops doing damage and cannot be controlled, leaving the player helpless.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Explosivo.
- Sad Bombs: No effect on Explosivo tears.
- Technology/ Tech X: Overrides Explosivo.
- Trisagion: Overrides Explosivo.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Possible reference to a scene from "The Incredibles" where the black tar balls grew and grew when they hit Mr. Incredible.
- Possible reference to the Tenacious D song of the same name.
- The icon may be a reference to the NES game Top Gun as it looks incredibly similar to the missiles that shoot at you in the game.
- Explosivo means Explosive in Portuguese and Spanish.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If an explosive tear sticks to a Null or a Begotten, when they become invisible, the tear will fall to the ground.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|