Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Eye of Belial
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.5 range.
- +1.0 tear height.
- Grants piercing tears.
- After piercing one enemy, tears will deal double damage and home in on enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The piercing effect makes placed bombs, Troll Bombs, and Mega Troll Bombs unable to be pushed around by Isaac's tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Adds a chance for needles to be fired. When needles are fired and pass through enemies that don't die instantly, they will turn into an Eye of Belial tear. Burst needles that pass through enemies will turn into Eye of Belial tears.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Normal tears and Eye of Belial tears bounce against floor.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Normal tears and Eye of Belial tears will retain damaging aura.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Eye of Belial tears can still be fed and will burst, and burst Eye of Belial tears will still be homing. Tears from regular bursts can also turn into Eye of Belial tears.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Piercing through a projectile triggers the double damage and homing effect.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Eye of Belial tears will return to Isaac. However, if they are close enough to enemies, tears will home in on enemies.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Isaac fires eyeball tears that can pierce enemies. After piercing one enemy, tears will turn into Eye of Belial tears that can be knocked around and will home in on enemies if close enough.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears may bounce back at the enemies they have just hit, dealing extra damage.
- Remote DetonatorBombs you place explode only when you use this item. Gives 5 bombs.: Placed bombs won't explode automatically, so they can be placed and have tears fired through them to activate double damage and homing.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All tears will be connected with electricity. Electricity will double in damage when the tears change.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Tears that pass through enemies will become Belial tears and split into smaller Belial tears. Non-Belial split tears can also turn into Belial tears if they pass through enemies.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: Only further increases range.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Piercing effect applies, but homing and doubled damage do not.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: IF the main tear pierces an enemy, it will turn into a Belial tear, and the burst tears retain the piercing effect and do double damage. If the main tear does not turn into a Belial tear, the burst tears will not be able to turn into Belial tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Doubled damage does not apply if hitting the same enemy multiple times in a row. The controlled tear will continue to increase in size on every hit up to roughly the width of a single room, and the effect resets on changing rooms.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
- Ouija BoardGrants spectral tears that travel through obstacles (but not enemies) instead of breaking on impact with them.: Eye of Belial tears lose their homing ability and fly off screen.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously./ Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet.: The lasers are not affected by Eye of Belial; however, the tears apply the effect normally.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Overrides Eye of Belial.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Belial is a term from the Hebrew bible referring to the devil.
|Curved HornDefeat The Lamb as JudasJudas' TongueDefeat Satan as JudasThe Left HandDefeat Ultra Pride or ??? as JudasGuillotineDefeat Isaac as JudasJudas' ShadowComplete the Boss Rush as JudasShadow BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Judas||BetrayalDefeat Hush as JudasMy ShadowDefeat Ultra Greed as JudasBrown BabyDefeat Mega Satan as JudasBelial BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Judas||ShadeDefeat Delirium as JudasEye of BelialDefeat Ultra Greedier as Judas|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|