Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Eye of Greed
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a golden tear every 20 tears fired, which causes enemies to turn gold and freeze for a few seconds (similar to Midas' Touch) at the cost of one coin. Golden tears can still be fired if Isaac has no money.
- Unlike other tear effects, golden tears are fired alongside regular tears rather than replacing a regular tear.
- With multi-shot abilities, whichever tear is the 20th since previous will produce the additional golden tear.
- The golden tear does 2x normal damage.
- Enemies killed while golden will drop 1-4 Pennies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tears fired from items that cause multiple tears to be fired at once, e.g. 20/20, Monstro's Lung etc., are counted.
- The gold tear is not duplicated by said items.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Diplopia: No effect.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Flat Stone: No effect.
- Lost Contact: No effect.
- The Ludovico Technique: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Technology: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Tech X: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Incubus: Does not shoot a golden tear.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Chocolate Milk: How much the 20th tear was charged determines the size and damage of the golden tear.
- Compound Fracture/ The Parasite/ Cricket's Body: Golden tears will still look like coins and will still split into other golden coins when hitting obstacles.
- Lachryphagy: Golden tears can also be fed and will burst into split tears. Burst tears are not golden.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|