Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Eye of Greed
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a golden tear every 20 tears fired, which causes enemies to turn gold and freeze for a few seconds (similar to Midas' TouchEnemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin.) at the cost of one penny. Golden tears can still be fired if Isaac has no money.
- Unlike other tear effects, golden tears are fired alongside regular tears rather than replacing a regular tear.
- With multi-shot abilities, whichever tear is the 20th since previous will produce the additional golden tear.
- The golden tear deals 2x normal damage.
- Enemies killed while golden will drop 1-4 pennies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Golden tear does not bounce.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Golden tears will not block shots.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Not recommended. While golden tears will frequently fire, their damage is still minimal and will likely cause the player to rapidly lose money.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Eye of Greed.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: The additional tears will lessen the amount of times tears need to be fired before a golden tear is fired. Only one golden tear is fired each time.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: How much the 20th tear was charged determines the size and damage of the golden tear.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Golden tears will still look like coins and will still split into other golden coins when hitting obstacles.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Each tear fired counts towards the 20 required, so Isaac only has to fire 5 fully charged bursts for a golden tear to appear. Golden tears are not multiplied.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.: Golden tears have a chance to stick to enemies and grow.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Fires giant golden tears with 31% damage increase.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Will occasionally fire explosive golden tears.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Golden tears can also be fed and will burst into split tears. Burst tears are not golden.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Each tear in the burst counts towards the 20 required. Without other items that increase the number of tears fired, two out of every three bursts will fire a golden tear.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Adds an extra beam with golden tear effects every 20th shot.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|Keeper now holds... A Penny!Defeat Hush as KeeperRib of GreedDefeat Ultra Greed as KeeperNoose BabyDefeat Mega Satan as KeeperKeeper holds Wooden NickelDefeat Isaac as KeeperKeeper holds Store KeyDefeat Satan as KeeperDeep PocketsDefeat ??? as KeeperKarmaDefeat The Lamb as KeeperSticky NickelsComplete the Boss Rush as KeeperSuper Greed BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as KeeperSale BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Keeper||Crooked PennyDefeat Delirium as KeeperEye of GreedDefeat Ultra Greedier as Keeper|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|