|“||When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”||„|
|~ Revelations 6:5-6|
Famine is the horseman of chapter 1.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Famine will often be paired with Attack Flies at the start of the battle.
- If Isaac is to the left or right of Famine, it will commence charging across the screen.
- Spawns up to two Pooters to assist it during the fight, and will not spawn any more until one of the two Pooters are killed.
- When Famine takes a sufficient amount of damage, its body and horse will explode and vanish while only its head remains. Famine's head behaves similarly to a Maw, slowly moving towards Isaac, and it will occasionally stop and fire three bullets in a spread.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Blue: This version charges more often, it will veer towards Isaac (similar to the Dark One) and it can do this attack regardless of whether Isaac is to its sides or not. It will regularly shoot six bullets in all directions instead of summoning Pooters. In Phase 2, it will spit out a cluster of bullets instead of a triple shot, similar to Monstro's attack, with a lower rate of fire than the non-champion version. Will always drop a Soul Heart upon death.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Famine as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Famine appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Famine is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible. However, in the Bible, Famine is depicted as riding a black horse rather than the tan horse seen in-game.
- A famine is the scarcity of food over a large area, which can explain Famine's emaciated appearance.
- Famine is shown with pupils in his Rebirth artwork, which is absent in his original artwork.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If phase 2 of Famine is inflicted with fear or confusion, instead of running away from Isaac, it will chase him without attacking.
Bug! If Famine is stunned at the same time as he tries to shoot Isaac after the effect wears off, his shots will be fired without his corresponding animation.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|