From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
|“||When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”||„|
|~ Revelations 6:5-6|
Famine is the horseman of Chapter 1.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Famine will often be paired with Attack Flies at the start of the battle.
- If Isaac is to the left or right of Famine, it will commence charging across the screen.
- Spawns up to two Pooters to assist it during the fight, and will not spawn any more until one of the two Pooters are killed.
- When Famine takes a sufficient amount of damage, its body and horse will explode and vanish while only its head remains. Famine's head behaves similarly to a Maw, slowly moving towards Isaac. If in line with Isaac, it will briefly stop and fire a triple shot.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Blue: This version charges more often and it will veer towards Isaac, (similar to the Dark One's charge attack). Even if Isaac isn't to it's left or right, this version can still execute the charge attack. It cannot summon Pooters and will instead regularly shoot six tears radially. In Phase 2 it will vomit out a large amount of blood, similar to Monstro's attack, with a lower rate of fire than the non-champion version. His head will leave a trail of damaging red creep. Will always drop a Soul Heart upon death.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Famine as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Famine is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible. However, in the Bible, Famine is depicted as riding a black horse rather than the tan horse seen in-game.
- Famine appeared in the original Binding of Isaac.
- A famine is the scarcity of food over a large area, which can explain Famine's emaciated appearance.
- Famine is shown with pupils in his Rebirth artwork, which is absent in his original artwork.
- Famine makes a "Hey!" sound when spitting shots at Isaac in the second phase. Pestilence makes the same sound when launching shots at Isaac.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If phase 2 of Famine is inflicted with fear or confusion, instead of running away from Isaac, it will chase him without attacking.
Bug! If Famine is stunned at the same time as he tries to shoot Isaac, after the effect wears off, his shots will be fired without his corresponding animation.
|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|| Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
|| Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|