| Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat.|
Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages.
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeThe Harbingers|
|“||When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”||„|
|~ Revelations 6:5-6|
Famine is the horseman of Chapter 1.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Famine will often be paired with Attack Flies at the start of the battle.
- If Isaac is to the left or right of Famine, it will commence charging across the screen.
- Spawns up to two Pooters to assist it during the fight, and will not spawn any more until one of the two Pooters are killed.
- When Famine takes a sufficient amount of damage, its body and horse will explode and vanish while only its head remains. Famine's head behaves similarly to a Maw, slowly moving towards Isaac. If lined up with Isaac, it will briefly stop and fire a triple shot.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Blue: This version charges more often and it will veer towards Isaac, (similar to the Dark One's charge attack). Even if Isaac isn't to its left or right, this version can still execute the charge attack. It cannot summon Pooters and will instead regularly shoot six tears radially. In Phase 2 it will vomit out a large amount of blood, similar to Monstro's attack, with a lower rate of fire than the non-champion version. His head will leave a trail of damaging red creep. Will always drop a Soul Heart upon death.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Famine as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Famine appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Famine is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible. However, in the Bible, Famine is depicted as riding a black horse rather than the tan horse seen in-game.
- A famine is the scarcity of food over a large area, which can explain Famine's emaciated appearance.
- Famine is shown with pupils in his Rebirth artwork, which is absent in his original artwork.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If phase 2 of Famine is inflicted with fear or confusion, instead of running away from Isaac, it will chase him without attacking.
Bug! If Famine is stunned at the same time as he tries to shoot Isaac after the effect wears off, his shots will be fired without his corresponding animation.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|