Fire Mind is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Tears inflict burn to enemies.
- Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, leaving behind the fire.
- Explosions do Isaac's current tear damage, in addition to the tear's hit.
- The fires deal 22 damage per tick.
- Isaac cannot take damage from the flame, but he will take damage from the explosion.
- Isaac gives a wide glow lighting up dark areas, such as those under the effects of the Curse of Darkness or the Dark One's attacks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The explosion effect chance depends on the luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 13 luck.
- An exploding tear does not set either the hit enemy or anything in the blast range on fire.
- Explosive and burning damage is equal to Isaac's current damage stat.
- The flame will transform Hoppers into Flaming Hoppers.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Adds burn damage to the beam, but will not cause explosions.
- The Ludovico Technique: Tears retain the ability to ignite enemies and explode. Tears will respawn at Isaac's location after the explosion.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides the explosion chance, but the knife can still set enemies on fire.
- Mysterious Liquid: Overrides the explosion chance, but tears can still set enemies on fire.
- When the Fire Mind tear explodes, a much larger pool of creep is left behind.
- Sinus Infection: Tears will still stick to enemies, but lose the booger appearance. The booger tears will not constantly burn the enemy they are stuck to.
- Technology/ Technology 2/ Tech.5/ Tech X/ Technology Zero: Adds burn damage to the beam, but will not cause explosions.
- Trisagion: Beams can burn enemies but won't cause explosions.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Each fractal tear has its own chance to explode. However, if the main tear explodes, all fractal tears explode.
- Death's Touch: Adds burn damage to the scythes, but will not cause explosions.
- Scythes now properly explode.
- Dr. Fetus: All Dr. Fetus bombs will leave a flame behind after exploding, similar to the effect of Hot Bombs.
- Epic Fetus: The missile will leave behind a fire.
- Evil Eye: Eyes can fire flaming tears and cause explosions.
- Finger!: Finger familiar can set enemies on fire but won't cause explosions.
- Godhead: The damaging aura can cause explosions.
- Host Hat: Makes Isaac immune to explosions caused by flaming tears.
- Jacob's Ladder: Sparks can set enemies on fire but won't explode.
- Lost Contact: Tears can explode when they destroy an enemy's tear.
- Piercing tears: Tears will pierce enemies and retain the chance to self-destruct each time it hits an enemy.
- Pyromaniac: Explosions caused by the flaming tears will heal Isaac, serving as a powerful reusable healing effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
DL8L CLCC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
VR7F GCCG (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
JZR8 QFXC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
8VA6 PJQS (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
P149 KNEY (First floor Treasure Room)
WYJG LPZC (First floor Treasure Room)
7RFL N6BV (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
ZLK1 ML0R (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
GY9M EL7E (First floor Treasure Room; Curse of Darkness)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Fires spawned by Angelic Prism will damage Isaac.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|