Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears bounce off the floor.
- Whenever a tear bounces, it deals splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Indirectly acquiring Rubber Cement through items like D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items. and D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20. counts towards unlocking the item.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tears bounce after they begin to move.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Bone tears will bounce normally, and bone shards will only bounce once.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Tears continue to bounce through the walls.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears release split tears every time they bounce.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs bounce, dealing damage to nearby enemies when they bounce.
- The Forgotten: The bone club bounces when thrown.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The explosive shot bounces, poisoning and dealing high damage to nearby enemies when it bounces.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear constantly bounces, dealing extra damage.
- The Ludovico Technique + Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Split tears burst on bounces, unlike without The Ludovico Technique.
- The Ludovico Technique + Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: Electricity bursts on bounces, unlike without The Ludovico Technique.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife bounces when fired, dealing high damage to nearby enemies when it bounces.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: All tears bounce simultaneously, greatly increasing reach of the burst.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Tears leave a pool of creep with each bounce.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Flat Stone.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: No split tears on bounces.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Flat Stone.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: The effective range of Incubus' tears is roughly doubled, with a single bounce in the middle of the flight.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: No electricity on bounces.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: The stone fired by Kidney Stone doesn't bounce.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Overrides Flat Stone.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Eyeball tears bounce repeatedly against the floor when they are about to disappear, but can be knocked by other tears to reset their range, meaning tears can be kept in the air forever as long as they are hit when they are bouncing against the floor.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Flat Stone.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Flat Stone.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Beams continually shrink and grow. Shrunken beams do roughly 75% of normal beams' damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Flat Stone is based on this Steam Workshop item by Maddogs and Joe, originally known as Hydrophobicity.
- It seems as though originally, the lasers produced by the Technology items (Technology, Technology 2, and Tech.5) and Brimstone were meant to synergize as seen in the Concept Art of Flat Stone
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Flat Stone's appearance in the original Steam Workshop mod.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|