Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Machines are objects that Isaac can interact with to gain a variety of rewards.
Slot Machine[edit | edit source]
Walking up to the machine and bumping into it will consume one penny and spin the slots. The machine then has a chance to spawn one of its possible rewards. Slot Machines appear naturally in Arcades, Secret Rooms and other room layouts, and can be summoned using the X - Wheel of Fortune tarot card.
If the Slot Machine is caught in an explosion of any kind, it will be destroyed, yielding various rewards (see below). The Slot Machine also has a 2% chance to self-destruct after inserting a coin, in which case it drops several random pickups or A DollarGives Isaac 99 coins. Can be found multiple times in a single playthrough. and becomes unusable. The D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items. is unlocked when 30 Slot Machines are destroyed (via explosion or overloading) by the player. When blown up in the Dark Room or Chest, it will drop a collectible from the Treasure Room pool, much like brown and golden Chests.
On hard mode, the chances of winning at the Slot Machine are halved.
Possible Rewards from Coins[edit | edit source]
- Pretty Flies
- Black Flies
- A DollarGives Isaac 99 coins. Can be found multiple times in a single playthrough.
Possible Rewards from Destroying[edit | edit source]
When you destroy the machine, there is a:
- 10% chance to drop a random pill
- 10% chance to drop a random trinket
- 1% chance to drop a Brown Chest
- 1% chance to drop a Golden Chest
- 78% chance to drop 2-3 random pickup groupings; for each grouping, there is a
- 35% chance to drop 1-3 random coins
- 20% chance to drop a random heart
- if Daemon's TailMost non-specific heart drops become black hearts, but heart drops are significantly less common. is held, there is an 80% chance to prevent this grouping from being chosen; if prevented, another pickup grouping will be chosen instead.
- if chosen, there is a 50% chance that this counts as 2 pickup groupings.
- 15% chance to drop a random key
- 30% chance to drop a random bomb
Furthermore, if the 78% chance to drop the pickup groupings is selected, there is a 33% chance for the following conditions to occur:
- if Ace of SpadesIncreases the chance of tarot cards or playing cards dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding cards when opening a chest. is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random card.
- if Safety CapImproves the chance of Pills dropping after clearing a room, and chance of finding a Pill when opening a Chest. is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random pill.
- if Match StickIncreases the chance of Bombs dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding Bombs when opening a Chest. is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random bomb.
- if Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest. is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random heart.
- if Rusted KeyImproves the chances of finding keys and golden chests. is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random key.
Note that only 1 additional item can spawn from this 33% chance. In the case of having multiple matching trinkets, the conditions are checked in order.
Fortune Teller[edit | edit source]
The Fortune Teller is similar to the Slot Machine. Bumping into the machine costs one penny, which will either cause a random fortune or special seed to be displayed on-screen or cause the machine to spawn one of its possible drops. Fortune Tellers appear naturally in Arcades, Secret Rooms, Super Secret Rooms and other room layouts, and can be summoned using the X - Wheel of Fortune tarot card. The Fortune Teller also has a chance to self-destruct after inserting a coin, in which case it drops several random pickups or Crystal BallReveals the map (except the Super Secret Room) and drops a random Tarot Card or soul heart.. Like the Slot Machine, Fortune Tellers will also drop a random collectible item when destroyed in the Dark Room or Chest.
When you insert a coin into the machine, there is a
- 65% chance of a fortune or seed text
- 35% chance of a reward; if it is a reward, there is a
- 30.56% chance to drop a soul heart
- 30.56% chance to drop a random trinket
- 30.56% chance to drop a random card or rune
- 5% chance to self-destruct into random pickups
- 3.33% chance to self-destruct into a Crystal BallReveals the map (except the Super Secret Room) and drops a random Tarot Card or soul heart.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lucky Foot+1 Luck. Increases chance of winning Shell Game Beggar. (Independent of luck stat) item increases the payout chance from 35% to 54%.
- Unlike the Slot Machine, the chances of the Fortune Teller machine are unaffected by playing on hard mode.
- When Fortune Teller machines are blown up, they have the same drop table as Slot Machines (see above).
Blood Donation Machine[edit | edit source]
Bumping into the machine will damage Isaac. The machine will then pay out with one to three of any type of coin or rarely, Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest.. Every donation has a chance of causing the Blood Donation Machine to explode, giving either a Blood BagGrants one red heart container, restores 5 red hearts, and increases speed by 0.3. or an IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine.. Alternatively, it can be destroyed with a bomb, which will cause it to drop several pickups.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the floors before The Womb, the machine will take a half-heart of health from each use. From the womb and onwards, the Blood Donation Machine will take one full heart instead.
- It is possible to be killed by the Blood Donation Machine.
- The machine will accept eternal hearts first, then red hearts. When Isaac's health is at half a heart (or a full heart in The Womb and beyond), the machine will drain soul hearts and black hearts instead.
- While the machine takes red hearts before Soul Hearts or Black Hearts, donations do not count as red heart damage for calculation of Devil Room chance.
- A Blood Donation Machine can be summoned using the XIV - Temperance card.
- The player can use the machine at no cost while invulnerable.
- Using a Blood Donation Machine will trigger ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart. once the player is at half a heart. Leaving the room afterwards and then reentering resets Scapular, allowing for further donations using Soul Hearts. Repeating this process after every Scapular activation allows the player to farm coins from the Blood Donation Machine until it breaks.
- The machine synergizes well with Bloody PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a half heart when money is collected., allowing many more plays than normal.
- With Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt., the machine can be used without taking any damage.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. does not prevent damage from a Blood Donation Machine.
Restock Box [edit | edit source]
The Restock Box is an object added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth appearing in Greed Mode and rare versions of the Shop, Treasure Room, and Secret Room . Restock Boxes can be activated by donating pennies or hitting them with an explosion.
In shops, each activation will cause the box to activate all of the following effects:
The chance for the store to be restocked increases as more coins are donated.
In Treasure Rooms, the Restock Box will re-roll the item after donating enough pennies or hitting it with an explosion. It will not generate new items to replace taken ones. It will reroll all items in the room even if they were not originally present (e.g. items from beggars).
Restock Boxes can break after the fourth guaranteed reroll with a 50% chance for every subsequent reroll that should've been successful. This will cause them to drop a small amount of money.
Mom's Dressing Table [edit | edit source]
If Isaac bumps into Mom's Dressing Table, his appearance will be randomly changed so that only a few of his items are displayed.
Hitting Mom's Dressing Table with an explosive will cause it to break and drop 1-4 pills. There is a 1% chance to spawn one of the following items instead: Mom's UnderwearIncreases range., Mom's HeelsIncreases range., Mom's LipstickIncreases range and shot height., Mom's BraUpon use, petrifies all enemies in the current room for approximately 4 seconds., Mom's PadUpon use, inflicts fear to all enemies in the room for 5 seconds., Mom's EyeshadowTears have a chance to charm enemies., Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up., Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart., Mom's PerfumeAdds a chance to shoot fear tears and decreases tear delay by 1. or Mom's Pearls+1.25 Range Up. +0.5 Tear Height. +1 Luck Up.. Items that have already been generated and/or collected can be spawned again in this manner.
Mom's Dressing Table is based on this Steam Workshop mod by Sinsthar.
Donation Machine[edit | edit source]
See Donation Machine.
Greed Machine[edit | edit source]
See Greed Machine.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The message "Your princess is in another castle" from the Fortune Teller is a reference to a famous quote from the 1985 NES game Super Mario Bros.
- The message "I Feel Asleep!!!" from the Fortune Teller is a reference to a famous quote from the 1988 NES game Metal Gear.
- The message "Look to La Luna" from the Fortune Teller is a reference to a hint on how to unlock the hidden character Reptile on the 1992 game Mortal Kombat.
Bug[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|