Machines are objects that Isaac can interact with to gain a variety of rewards.
Slot Machine[edit | edit source]
Walking up to the Slot Machine and bumping into it will consume one penny and spin the slots. The machine then has a chance to spawn one of its possible rewards. Slot Machines appear naturally in Arcades, Secret Rooms and other room layouts, and can be summoned using the X - Wheel of Fortune tarot card.
If the Slot Machine is caught in an explosion of any kind, it will be destroyed, yielding various rewards (see below). The Slot Machine also has a 2% chance to self-destruct after inserting a coin, in which case it drops several random pickups or A Dollar and becomes unusable. The D4 is unlocked when 30 Slot Machines are destroyed (via explosion or overloading) by the player. When blown up in the Dark Room or Chest, it will drop a collectible from the Treasure Room pool, much like brown and golden Chests.
|Explosion||Nothing||Bomb||Key||Heart||Pill||One Coin||Two Coins||A Dollar||Black Fly||Pretty Fly|
|No Lucky Foot, Normal||2||54.0||4.7||3.1||9.3||4.7||11.4||5.7||0.47||3.1||1.56|
|Lucky Foot, Normal||2||37.4||6.5||4.4||13.1||6.5||16.0||8.0||0.65||4.4||2.18|
|No Lucky Foot, Hard||2||76.0||2.3||1.6||4.7||2.3||5.7||2.9||0.23||1.6||0.78|
|Lucky Foot, Hard||2||67.2||3.3||2.2||6.5||3.3||8.0||4.0||0.33||2.2||1.09|
Possible Rewards from Destroying[edit | edit source]
When you destroy the machine, there is a:
- 10% chance to drop a random pill
- 10% chance to drop a random trinket
- 1% chance to drop a Chest
- 1% chance to drop a Locked Chest
- 78% chance to drop 2-3 random pickup groupings; for each grouping, there is a
- 35% chance to drop 1-3 random coin
- 20% chance to drop a random heart
- if Daemon's Tail is held, there is an 80% chance to prevent this grouping from being chosen; if prevented, another pickup grouping will be chosen instead.
- if chosen, there is a 50% chance that this counts as 2 pickup groupings.
- 15% chance to drop a random key
- 30% chance to drop a random bomb
There is a 33% chance of an extra pickup grouping spawning if you are holding Lucky Toe.
Furthermore, if the 78% chance to drop the pickup groupings is selected, there is a 33% chance for the following conditions to occur:
- if Ace of Spades is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random card.
- if Safety Cap is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random pill.
- if Match Stick is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random bomb.
- if Child's Heart is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random heart.
- if Rusted Key is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random key.
Note that only 1 additional item can spawn from this 33% chance. In the case of having multiple matching trinkets, the conditions are checked in order.
Fortune Telling Machine[edit | edit source]
The Fortune Telling Machine is similar to the Slot Machine. Bumping into the machine costs one penny, which will either cause a random fortune or special seed to be displayed on-screen or cause the machine to spawn one of its possible drops. Fortune Telling Machines appear naturally in Arcades, Secret Rooms, Super Secret Rooms and other room layouts, and can be summoned using the X - Wheel of Fortune tarot card. The Fortune Telling Machine also has a chance to self-destruct after inserting a coin, in which case it drops several random pickups or Crystal Ball. Like the Slot Machine, Fortune Telling Machines will also drop a random collectible item when destroyed in the Dark Room or Chest.
When you insert a coin into the machine, there is a
- 65% chance of a fortune or seed text
- 35% chance of a reward; if it is a reward, there is a
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lucky Foot item increases the payout chance from 35% to 54%.
- Unlike the Slot Machine, the chances of the Fortune Telling Machine are unaffected by playing on hard mode.
- When Fortune Telling Machines are blown up, they have the same drop table as Slot Machines (see above).
Blood Donation Machine[edit | edit source]
Bumping into the Blood Donation Machine will damage Isaac. The machine will then pay with one to three of any type of coin or rarely, Child's Heart. Every donation has a chance of causing the Blood Donation Machine to explode, giving either a Blood Bag or an IV Bag. Alternatively, it can be destroyed with a bomb, which will cause it to drop several pickups.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the floors before The Womb, the machine will take a half-heart of health from each use. From the womb and onwards, the Blood Donation Machine will take one full heart instead.
- It is possible to be killed by the Blood Donation Machine.
- The machine will accept Eternal Hearts first, then red hearts. When Isaac's health is at half a heart (or a full heart in The Womb and beyond), the machine will drain Soul Hearts and Black Hearts instead.
- While the machine takes red hearts before Soul Hearts or Black Hearts, donations do not count as red heart damage for calculation of Devil Room chance.
- A Blood Donation Machine can be summoned using the XIV - Temperance card.
- The player can use the machine at no cost while invulnerable.
- Using a Blood Donation Machine will trigger Scapular once the player is at half a heart. Leaving the room afterward and then reentering resets Scapular, allowing for further donations using Soul Hearts. Repeating this process after every Scapular activation allows the player to farm coins from the Blood Donation Machine until it breaks.
- The machine synergizes well with Bloody Penny, allowing many more plays than normal.
- With Isaac's Heart, the machine can be used without taking any damage.
- Holy Mantle does not prevent damage from a Blood Donation Machine.
Restock Machine [edit | edit source]
The Restock Machine is an object added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth appearing in Greed Mode, fairly commonly outside Greed Mode in the Shop and rarely in the Black Market, Treasure Room, I AM ERROR, Crawl Space and Secret Room. Restock Machines can be activated by donating pennies or hitting them with an explosion.
In shops and black markets, each activation will cause the box to activate all of the following effects:
The chance for the store to be restocked increases as more coins are donated.
In all other rooms, the Restock Machine will re-roll any items present after donating enough pennies or hitting it with an explosion. It will not generate new items to replace the taken ones. It will reroll all items in the room even if they were not originally present (e.g. items from beggars).
Restock Machines can break after the fourth guaranteed reroll with a 50% chance for every subsequent reroll that should've been successful. This will cause them to drop a small amount of money.
Mom's Dressing Table [edit | edit source]
If Isaac bumps into Mom's Dressing Table, his appearance will be randomly changed so that only a few of his items are displayed.
Hitting Mom's Dressing Table with an explosive will cause it to break and drop 1-4 pills. There is a 1% chance to spawn one of the following items instead: Mom's Underwear, Mom's Heels, Mom's Lipstick, Mom's Bra, Mom's Pad, Mom's Eyeshadow, Mom's Contacts, Mom's Wig, Mom's Perfume or Mom's Pearls. Items that have already been generated and/or collected can be spawned again in this manner.
Mom's Dressing Table is based on this Steam Workshop mod by Sinsthar.
Donation Machine[edit | edit source]
See Donation Machine.
Greed Donation Machine [edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The message "Your princess is in another castle" from the Fortune Telling Machine is a reference to a famous quote from the 1985 NES game Super Mario Bros.
- The message "I Feel Asleep!!!" from the Fortune Telling Machine is a reference to a famous quote from the 1988 NES game Metal Gear.
- The message "Look to La Luna" from the Fortune Telling Machine is a reference to a hint on how to unlock the hidden character Reptile on the 1992 game Mortal Kombat.
- Despite the superstitious tradition that breaking a mirror gives seven years of bad luck, destroying Mom's Dressing Table does not affect the Luck stat.
Bug[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|