From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| Friendly Ball|
|Gotta fetch 'em all!|
| (Page 4, Column 17, Row 1)
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Once thrown, the Friendly Ball will instantly capture any non-boss enemy it hits, removing them from the room.
- The next time the Friendly Ball is thrown, it will release the previously captured enemy as a friendly enemy.
- Released enemies persist between rooms and floors and will follow Isaac until they die.
- Unlike typical charmed enemies, the released enemy cannot harm Isaac, and he doesn't need to defeat them to clear a room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the captured enemy is one that spawns enemies, those enemies will be friendly as well.
- If a Moter is caught, released, and killed, the two Attack flies that spawn will be non-charmed.
- If a Swinger is caught, released, and killed, it will spawn a non-charmed Maw or Globin.
- If a Dinga is caught and released, it will spawn aggressive, non-charmed Dips.
- If a Black Globin's Body is caught and released, it will spawn aggressive, non-charmed Spiders.
- If the captured enemy normally chases the player and deals contact damage, it will try to chase enemies after being released. If they attack an enemy that deals contact damage, the allies will suffer from it too.
- Most allies will immediately die on contact with a boss.
- If the ally is immune to damage (such as a Walking Host while its head is lowered), it will not take contact damage.
- If the captured enemy is a Solid White Champion, it will be completely invincible, as it cannot be killed until Isaac dies.
- If an enemy that leaves behind a trail of red creep is caught, the creep created by the charmed mob will still damage Isaac when he walks over it.
- The ball will only capture one segment of a Grub, one Buttlicker, or one Swarm Fly. However, when releasing a Swarm Fly, a new swarm is generated for it.
- If a Heart is caught and then released, a Mask can use the friendly heart to live even if its original heart is destroyed. The room will not be cleared unless the Mask is killed.
- The mask will ignore the friendly heart yet can still damage it. Bait the mask to charge towards the heart to destroy both.
- If a Gurgle is caught, the explosive Ipecac shots it fires will not hurt Isaac.
- The head of Rag Man can be captured by the ball while detached. It will not become a Ragling after being released, and only chases enemies by rolling.
- Poke Go spawns similar friendly enemies.
- Glowing Hour Glass will duplicate friendly enemies upon use.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to Poké Balls from the Pokémon franchise.
- Ironically, it doesn't at all resemble the actual Friend Ball in the franchise.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3WOS NSB1 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MF7L HXQV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn) (Hard mode only)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|