|This article is about the boss. For the item, see Gemini (Item).|
Gemini is one of the bosses that can appear in The Basement. Gemini is composed of not one, but two separate "bosses": One large twin with a smaller twin attached. They both have 140 health, sharing the health bar fifty-fifty.
The large twin is called Contusion and the small twin is called Suture.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Contusion will chase the player, then periodically charge at them at high speeds. Afterwards he will stop to catch his breath, presumably because he is being choked by the umbilical cord holding them together.
- Suture, while attached to the larger, will shoot tears at the player if not behind an obstacle.
- When Contusion is killed, Suture will detach and begin charging furiously at the player. Caution is advised when trying to juggle him, as the knock-back from tears could cause him to gain speed.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
Green: They start off separated from each other and have no difference in attacks.
Blue: The blue variant has more health and drops Soul Hearts
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gemini as one of Delirium's forms.
Arena[edit | edit source]
When fighting Gemini, the following obstacles can spawn:
- Rocks in 4 different combinations
- Rocks will always appear when fighting Gemini.
Possible rock combinations:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gemini seems to be an example of a "parasitic twin", with Suture being the underdeveloped twin, dependent on Contusion.
- Gemini appeared in the original Binding of Isaac.
- Blighted Ovum is the posthumous version of them, and Steven is the alternate version.
- Gemini are named after the astrological sign of the same name; not to mention that the symbol of Gemini are twins.
- Gemini were originally designed to be a boss in Gish and were called Suture Contusion. The larger one being Contusion for the boot shaped dent in his head.
- Contusion is the medical name for a bruise, whereas suture is the medical name for a thread used to close gaping wounds, commonly called stitches.
- Suture seems to be more dependent of Contusion than the latter one is from him, as Contusion will ignore his brother's death and won't change his behavior while Suture will seem to start panicking if Contusion is killed before him.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
|Chapter 4|| Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
|Chapter 5||Satan • Isaac|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|