|This article is about the item. For the challenge, see Glass Cannon (Challenge).|
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Fires a single high-damage piercing tear which can travel over obstacles.
- The damage dealt by this tear is ten times Isaac's damage, plus a flat 10 damage.
- Sets the player's health to half a heart with each use (half a soul heart if these are present but there are no heart containers). This also removes any other soul or black hearts, but not eternal hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The item recharges actively after use, similar to items like The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups., allowing repeated usage within the same room.
- Shooting the Glass Cannon gives a slight knock-back effect to Isaac, which can be dangerous in rooms with obstacles like spikes or fireplaces.
- The Lost can use this item safely, as it will not affect his Health.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: The current charge of Chocolate Milk affects Glass Cannon.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears fired by Glass Cannon will split.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Creates a giant aura around Glass Cannon tears that almost fills up normal sized rooms.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Glass Cannon will fire giant Lachryphagy tears. Tears are harder to feed as they will burst very quickly but they can be fed if you fire tears beforehand and then fire Glass Cannon into those tears.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Creates a large pool of creep when tears land.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears produced by Glass Cannon will orbit Isaac.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.: No effect.
- : Reduces charge time to 2 seconds.
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Only fires one tear.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tears produced by Glass Cannon do not have the Anti-Gravity effect.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: Doesn't prevent damage done by Glass Cannon but will protect against other types of damage.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Glass Cannon fires a normal non-controllable tear.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360-degree tear firing radius. It can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Has no effect on Glass Cannon.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Glass Cannon only fires a single tear.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Reduces damage of shots, no effect on charge time.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fires normal Trisagion beams that do not have increased damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Glass Cannon is a term used in video games for a character or entity that deals high amounts of damage but has very low defense.
- Originally, Glass Cannon would only reduce red hearts, so if Isaac had a large number of soul/black hearts, the item would essentially be free damage. The item would later be patched to also remove other types of health as well, making it a lot more situational.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Glass Cannon can be used to steal Devil Room items by using it to set your health to half of a soul heart or no health at all before you die. In the latter case, picking up any item that isn't a health upgrade will kill Isaac.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9BJ3 WWHL (First floor treasure room, north of spawn)
MAYW FFY4 (First treasure room, west of spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|