|This article is about the item. For the challenge, see Glass Cannon (Challenge).|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Fires a single high-damage piercing tear which can travel over obstacles.
- The damage dealt by this tear is ten times Isaac's damage, plus a flat 10 damage.
- Sets Isaac's health to half a heart with each use (half a Soul Heart if these are present but there are no Red Heart containers). This also removes any other Soul or Black Hearts, but not Eternal Hearts.
- If Isaac has no Red Hearts and at least one Bone Heart, only an empty Bone Heart remains.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The item recharges actively after use, similar to items like The Boomerang, allowing repeated usage within the same room.
- Shooting the Glass Cannon gives a slight knockback effect to Isaac, which can be dangerous in rooms with obstacles like spikes or Fire Places.
- The Lost can use this item safely, as it will not affect his Health.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Chocolate Milk: The current charge of Chocolate Milk affects Glass Cannon.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Tears fired by Glass Cannon will split.
- Godhead: Creates a giant aura around Glass Cannon tears that almost fills up normal sized rooms.
- Lachryphagy: Glass Cannon will fire giant Lachryphagy tears. Tears are harder to feed as they will burst very quickly but they can be fed if you fire tears beforehand and then fire Glass Cannon into those tears.
- Mysterious Liquid: Creates a large pool of creep when tears land.
- Tiny Planet: Tears produced by Glass Cannon will orbit Isaac.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 9 Volt: No effect.
- : Reduces charge time to 2 seconds.
- 20/20/ The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: Only fires one tear.
- Anti-Gravity: Tears produced by Glass Cannon do not have the Anti-Gravity effect.
- Brimstone: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Dr. Fetus: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Epic Fetus: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Holy Mantle: Doesn't prevent damage done by Glass Cannon but will protect against other types of damage.
- Ipecac: As the Glass Cannon tears are so large, even a modest damage increase or a single tear size increasing item is likely to render the tear unable to damage enemies, their explosions too far from them.
- The Ludovico Technique: Glass Cannon fires a normal non-controllable tear.
- Marked: Has no effect on Glass Cannon.
- Mom's Knife: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Monstro's Lung: Glass Cannon only fires a single tear.
- Soy Milk: Reduces damage of shots, no effect on charge time.
- Technology: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Tech X: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Trisagion: Fires normal Trisagion beams that do not have increased damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Glass Cannon is a term used in video games for a character or entity that deals high amounts of damage but has very low defense.
- Originally, Glass Cannon would only reduce Red Hearts, so if Isaac had a large number of Soul/Black Hearts, the item would essentially be free damage. The item would later be patched to also remove other types of health as well, making it a lot more situational.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9BJ3 WWHL (First floor Treasure Room, north of spawn)
MAYW FFY4 (First Treasure Room, west of spawn)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Glass Cannon can be used to steal Devil Room items by using it to set your health to half of a Soul Beart or no health at all before you die. In the latter case, picking up any item that isn't a health upgrade will kill Isaac.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|