|This article is about the item. For the challenge, see Glass Cannon (Challenge).|
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Fires a single high-damage piercing tear which can travel over obstacles.
- Sets the player's health to half a heart (half a soul heart if these are present but there are no heart containers). This also removes any other soul or black hearts, but not eternal hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The item recharges actively after use, similar to items like The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups., allowing repeated usage within the same room.
- Shooting the Glass Cannon gives a slight knock-back effect to Isaac, which can be dangerous in rooms with obstacles like spikes or fireplaces.
- The Lost can use this item safely, as it will not affect his Health.
- The Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. does not prevent the Glass Cannon reducing Isaac to half a heart, but will still protect Isaac's first point of damage after the Glass Cannon has been used.
- This item's charge is not affected by 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.'s reduction.
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges. reduces the charge time to 2 seconds.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Analog Stick+0.3 tears up. Allows Isaac to fire tears diagonally.: Tears produced by Glass Cannon can be fired diagonally.
- Apple!Increases tears. Adds a chance to fire a high-damage razor blade.: Adds a chance to fire a giant razor.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: The current charge of Chocolate Milk affects Glass Cannon.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears fired by Glass Cannon will split.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Tears will be fired through walls.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Has a chance to fire a giant needle that does triple damage, can instantly kill enemies, and will burst.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Tears will bounce.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Creates a giant aura around Glass Cannon tears that almost fills up normal sized rooms.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Glass Cannon will fire giant Haemolacria tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The tear produced by Glass Cannon becomes explosive and poisons enemies.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Glass Cannon will fire giant Lachryphagy tears. Tears are harder to feed as they will burst very quickly but they can be fed if you fire tears beforehand and then fire Glass Cannon into those tears.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Glass Cannon tears will grow in damage, and grow in size very slowly.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Tears will return to Isaac.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Creates a large pool of creep when tears land.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: The tear produced by Glass Cannon deals very high damage.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Glass Cannon will fire giant eyeball tears that can be knocked around by other tears.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Tears fired by Glass Cannon are much larger and do much more damage than normal. Tears will disappear before they shrink completely.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks).: Creates a very wide shot.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: The tear bounces off obstacles and enemies.
- Spoon BenderGrants Isaac homing tears.: The Cannon's tear homes in on enemies.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Tears produced by Glass Cannon will connect to other tears via electricity.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears produced by Glass Cannon will orbit Isaac.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Only fires one tear.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tears produced by Glass Cannon do not have the Anti-Gravity effect.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- The Forgotten: Only the active character's health is reduced when Glass Cannon is used: The Forgotten is set to one empty bone heart, and The Soul is set to half a soul heart.
- Keeper: Using Glass Cannon will reduce Keeper to one coin heart.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Glass Cannon fires a normal non-controllable tear.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Has no effect on Glass Cannon.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Glass Cannon only fires a single tear.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Reduces damage of shots, no effect on charge time.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Glass Cannon fires a normal tear.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fires normal Trisagion beams that do not have increased damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Glass Cannon is a term used in video games for someone or something that deals high amounts of damage but has very low defense.
- Originally, Glass Cannon would only reduce red hearts, so if Isaac had a large number of soul/black hearts, the item would essentially be free damage. The item would later be patched to also remove other types of health as well, making it a lot more situational.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Glass Cannon can be used to steal Devil Room items by using it to set your health to half of a soul heart or no health at all before you die. In the latter case, picking up any item that isn't a health up will kill Isaac.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9BJ3 WWHL (First floor treasure room, north of spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|