Goat Head is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- A Devil Room / Angel Room Door will always spawn after every boss fight, excluding the first floor and floors after Utero II/The Womb II/ Scarred Womb II.
- The spawned door will not disappear when leaving and re-entering the boss room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The precise effect involves setting the Devil Room chance to 100%, regardless of other effects.
- Even if taken after a boss is killed, Goat Head will force a Devil / Angel Room door to spawn on that floor.
- Accepting a deal with the Devil will prevent any Angel Rooms from appearing, meaning that Isaac needs to acquire the Goat Head in a Curse Room, Locked Chest, Red Chest, or with Credit Card, which would allow Angel Rooms to open.
- Goat Head and The Book of Belial are the only items that will ensure Angel/Devil Rooms on every floor between The Basement I and Utero II.
- Goat Head will not force a Devil / Angel Room door to open if the boss fight was in a narrow room.
- Goat Head has no effect in Greed mode. Because of this, it is removed from every item pool in Greed mode.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Duality: Both Angel and Devil Room doors spawn after every boss, and the selected door will never disappear.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Eucharist: Overrides Goat Head.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to how goats and their blood were often used as a common sacrifice proxy. This is even more evident by the pickup quote.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PSSX AR7F (Curse Room adjacent to spawn; Red Chest)
A312 2L09 (Room above spawn; Locked Chest)
Q9R4 3NZ3 (Gold chest found in tinted rock below spawn)
TEME MF49 (Curse Room adjacent to spawn)
EDBA JF4F (Curse Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|