Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac.
- Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.
- The shrinking effect lasts 5 seconds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The shrinking effect has no effect on bosses or mini-bosses.
- Any enemies that are spawned from the death of a shrunken enemy do not carry over the shrunken effect.
- Champions and enemies that explode upon death will damage Isaac if crushed.
- Shrinking a Heart monster will cause its corresponding Mask to shrink as well. The Mask can be crushed and killed separately.
- The chance to fire a shrinking tear does not scale with Luck.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period./ TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Lasers turn blue and have a random chance to apply shrinking effect.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Only main tear has a chance to apply shrinking effect.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear will occasionally flash blue when shrinking effect can be applied.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: High damage done by item means enemies usually die before shrinking effect can apply. Will occasionally shrink enemies with high health.
- Mom's Knife + Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Shrinking effect happens much more often.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Tears that pass through prism can have shrinking effect.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Split tears will retain shrinking effect if main tear had shrinking effect. With Compound Fracture and The Parasite, tears with shrinking effect look like normal tears.
- Fate's RewardA blue head familiar that will follow Isaac and fire tears copying his tear effects and damage./ IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiars have a chance of firing tears with shrinking effect.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Will occasionally fire tears with shrinking effect. All burst tears have a chance to apply shrinking effect.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Each tear in tear barrage has a chance to apply shrinking effect.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Tears have a chance to apply shrinking effect but with no visual difference.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Shrinking tears spawn more often.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Sprinkler has a chance to fire tears with shrinking effect.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Electricity connected to tears with shrinking effect has a chance to shrink enemies.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Beams can apply shrinking effect; however, shrinking beams have no visual difference from regular beams.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term God's flesh is a nickname for psychedelic mushrooms.
- In Aztec culture, hallucinogenic mushrooms were eaten during religious ceremonies. The Aztec name for these mushrooms translates to "god's flesh".
- Using God's Flesh on a Rag Man head will shrink it and reveal that there is actually a very small invisible body underneath.
- This item may be a reference to the Shrinker (or Shrink Ray) item in Duke Nukem 3D. When used on an enemy, it shrinks into a smaller version of itself where it can be stepped on and killed.
- 1up!Gives an extra life. Upon death, you will respawn in the previous room with full health and lose the 1up!.
- Blue CapGrants 1 heart container and increases tears, but decreases shot speed.
- God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.
- Magic MushroomIncreases all stats and enlargens Isaac.
- Mini MushIncreases Speed and Shot Height and decreases Isaac's size, but lowers Range.
- Odd MushroomGrants an empty heart container. Increases damage, range and shot height while reducing speed.
- Odd Mushroom+1.7 tears, +0.3 speed, reduces damage.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|