Godhead is a Special unlockable passive item.
- +0.5 Damage.
- -0.3 Tears.
- +1.2 Range.
- -30% Shot Speed.
- +0.8 Shot Height.
- Grants homing tears.
- Tears gain a damaging aura.
- The damaging aura gets bigger with items that make tears bigger, e.g. Cricket's HeadIncreases damage by 0.5, and multiplies it by 1.5x., PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage., and Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks)..
- The aura deals around 30% of Isaac's current damage.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Brimstone laser becomes slightly stronger and homes towards enemies. Laser does not receive the damaging aura.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Main tears and burst tears retain all effects.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Causes the crosshair to home in upon enemies. Missiles do not have a damaging aura.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.: Causes damaging aura to grow once attached to an enemy.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: When needles are fired, they retain homing and damaging aura.
- Glass CannonWhen used, reduces Isaac's health to half a heart (including soul and black hearts) and fires one large piercing spectral tear that does a lot of damage. The damage done by Glass Cannon scales with Isaac's damage (at base damage it does 45 damage).: The huge tear gains the homing ability and fully scaled damaging aura, able to cover most of the screen with extreme damage.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Fired tears and burst tears retain aura and homing effect.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear increases in size and gains the damaging aura effect.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: The size and damage of the aura increases as long as the tear is on screen.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs retain all effect expect damaging aura.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Main tear retains all effects, but burst tears do not.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Does not get the damaging aura.
- Piercing Tears: Once the tear hits the enemy, the aura also ceases to do damage to that particular target.
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them.: The aura on booger tears stuck to an enemy won't hurt that particular enemy. Other enemies passing through it still take damage.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously./ Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet./ Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Lasers get the homing effect but not the aura.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Trisagion causes Godhead's aura to visually disappear; however, the aura is still there and can still damage enemies.
- Godhead is another term for Godhood, or overall Divine nature.
- The Godhead bears strong resemblance to the Eye of Providence, Eye of God, or The Eye That Sees All, a common religious symbol also used in Christian religions. The three edges of the triangle may represent each part of the Holy Trinity.
- Godhead is arguably the hardest/most grueling item to unlock in Rebirth and Afterbirth, as it requires having to kill every final boss, on hard mode, with The Lost.
- The three triangles on the corners of the Godhead icon may be a reference to The MindGrants the combined effects of the Blue Map, Treasure Map, and The Compass, revealing the floor layout and all special rooms, including Secret Rooms and Super Secret Rooms., The BodyAdds 3 heart containers., and The SoulGrants two soul hearts. Isaac now repels enemy projectiles. items.
- This item appears in the Afterbirth† release date trailer.
PC Z9GL MZCT (Catacombs I Angel Room)
PC L8MZ JAF7 (Basement I Angel Room (6 Sacrifices))
PC A1H7 Q9RK (First floor golden treasure room)
PC NDKO JTLQ (Second floor item room)
PS4 G2KQ M1J1 (Angel Room in Catacombs I in a damageless run)