Godhead is a Special unlockable passive item.
- +0.5 Damage.
- -0.3 Tears.
- +1.2 Range.
- -30% Shot Speed.
- +0.8 Shot Height.
- Grants homing tears.
- Tears gain a damaging aura.
- The damaging aura gets bigger with items that make tears bigger, e.g. Cricket's Head, Polyphemus, and Pupula Duplex.
- The aura deals around 30% of Isaac's current damage and can hit up to 15 times per second.
- Brimstone: Brimstone laser becomes slightly stronger and homes towards enemies. Laser does not receive the damaging aura.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Main tears and burst tears retain all effects.
- Epic Fetus: Causes the crosshair to home in upon enemies. Missiles do not have a damaging aura.
- Explosivo: Causes damaging aura to grow once attached to an enemy.
- Euthanasia: When needles are fired, they retain homing and damaging aura.
- Glass Cannon: The huge tear gains the homing ability and fully scaled damaging aura, able to cover most of the screen with extreme damage.
- Lachryphagy: Fired tears and burst tears retain aura and homing effect.
- The Ludovico Technique: Tear increases in size and gains the damaging aura effect.
- A Lump of Coal: The size and damage of the aura increases as long as the tear is on screen.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs retain all effect except damaging aura.
- Haemolacria: Main tear retains all effects, but burst tears do not.
- Mom's Knife: Does not get the damaging aura.
- Piercing Tears: Once the tear hits the enemy, the aura also ceases to do damage to that particular target.
- Sinus Infection: The aura on booger tears stuck to an enemy won't hurt that particular enemy. Other enemies passing through it still take damage.
- Technology/ Technology 2/ Tech.5/ Tech X: Lasers get the homing effect but not the aura.
- Trisagion: Trisagion causes Godhead's aura to visually disappear; however, the aura is still there and can still damage enemies.
- Godhead is another term for Godhood or overall Divine nature.
- The Godhead bears a strong resemblance to the Eye of Providence, Eye of God, or The Eye That Sees All, a common religious symbol also used in Christian religions. The three edges of the triangle may represent each part of the Holy Trinity.
- Godhead is arguably the hardest/most grueling item to unlock in Rebirth and Afterbirth, as it requires having to kill every final boss, on hard mode, with The Lost.
- The three triangles on the corners of the Godhead icon may be a reference to The Mind, The Body, and The Soul items.
- This item appears in the Afterbirth† release date trailer.
PC Z9GL MZCT (Catacombs I Angel Room)
PC L8MZ JAF7 (Basement I Angel Room (6 Sacrifices))
PC A1H7 Q9RK (First floor golden treasure room)
PC NDKO JTLQ (Second floor item room)
PS4 G2KQ M1J1 (Angel Room in Catacombs I in a damageless run)