||This article is about the boss. For the game mode, see Greed Mode.
Greed is based on one of the Seven Deadly Sins and functions as a mini-boss. He has a chance to be found inside Shops or Secret Rooms starting on The Caves 2. He also has a small chance to spawn when destroying a special shopkeeper.
- Wanders around the room, traveling in straight lines in the cardinal directions.
- Suddenly fires a triple salvo in the cardinal direction closest to Isaac.
- If hit by Greed, Isaac will lose 2-4 coins and drop 1-3 Pennies on the floor.
- Spawns 2 Hoppers occasionally.
- Shops and Secret Rooms Greed generates in count as Mini-Boss Rooms, and cannot be bombed out of. They also prevent any other Mini-Boss Rooms from generating that floor.
- Once Greed is encountered in a Shop or Secret Room, Super Greed replaces him in subsequent Shops and Secret Rooms. After Super Greed is encountered in the same manner, they cannot spawn in Shops or Secret Rooms for the rest of the run.
- If Isaac teleports out of the room after defeating Greed but without killing any of the Hoppers he spawns, Isaac can re-fight Greed for extra coins or copies of Steam Sale.
- Greed has his own account on Twitter. This was uncovered after the community dug up a figurine of Greed covered in Sharpie marks during an ARG, which quickly led to his account. After guessing his password, and tweeting on it, the password was quickly changed and was then used to announce the arrival of the Keeper.
If the room Greed/Super Greed
was fought in is re-entered a few times, rocks begin to spawn in the corners of the room along with a few cobwebs in the center.
If the game is quit in the middle of fighting Greed, upon resuming, the Secret/Super Secret Room will look slightly different and Greed may become Super Greed.