Guppy's Collar is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants Isaac a permanent 50% chance to resurrect on death.
- Resurrection leaves Isaac at 1/2 of a red heart.
- Guppy's Collar takes priority over all other resurrection items when activated.
- This item belongs to the Guppy
set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Guppy.
- Spawns a blue fly each time a tear hits an enemy.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a tribute to Edmund's cat Guppy.
- This item may also be a reference to the Schrödinger's Cat thought experiment.
- It is possible to obtain two collars by finding one in a red chest, without picking it up, and then finding another collar in a different red chest. However, this does not have any additional effects and does not count towards transforming into Guppy.
- Resurrecting in a Curse Room may trap Isaac if he has no way of recovering health or exiting them without losing health.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! When the Keeper is resurrected by Guppy's Collar, there is a chance it spawns with half a soul heart as health. When a health upgrade is obtained, the Keeper will have 1 coin, as well as the half soul heart as health. When a second health upgrade is obtained, Keeper will lose the half soul heart and have 2 coins as health.
Bug! Guppy's collar can be exploited to gain infinite lives. When Isaac's last will is on the screen, close the game, re-open it, and continue the run. Isaac will appear to die again, and will also have a separate chance to be resurrected.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
RWBY 10FQ (Curse room adjacent to spawn, in red chest)
1CMD B881 (Curse room adjacent to spawn, surrounded by spiders)
FM7Z 4VAJ (Curse room adjacent to spawn, surrounded by spiders)
FQTL 13FX (Curse room adjacent to spawn)
XSDE HE2L (First floor curse room)
- Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again.
- Guppy's PawRemoves one red heart container in exchange for gaining 3 Soul Hearts.
- Guppy's TailIncreases chance of finding gold chests and normal chests, but reduces chance of finding pickups.
- Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies.
- Guppy's Hair BallLoosely follows behind Isaac. Can be swung like a flail by rapidly spinning Isaac in a circle. Grows bigger by killing enemies.
- Guppy's CollarGrants Isaac a permanent 50% chance to respawn with 1/2 of a red heart after death.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|