| (page 2, column 4, line 4)
(page 2, column 4, line 9)
| Become Guppy |
Guppy's Hair Ball is an unlockable passive item.
- Spawns a hair ball that loosely follows behind Isaac and can be swung like a flail, dealing contact damage to enemies and blocking projectiles.
- The ball grows bigger by killing enemies, which increases its damage.
- Killing the flies that Hush spawns does not increase its size.
- The size of the ball decreases upon entering a new floor.
- This item belongs to the Guppy set. Collecting three items from the set will transform Isaac into Guppy.
- If Isaac is Guppy, Guppy's Hair Ball will cause flies to spawn when dealing contact damage.
- Guppy's Hair Ball has 5 levels and increases by one level upon killing an enemy.
- The damage it deals per tick is equal to
level * 2 + 3, with damage per second twice of that.
- Upon entering a new floor, if it is level 2, it reverts to level 1. If it is level 3 or 4, it reverts to level 2. If it is level 5, it reverts to level 3.
- This item is used in Challenge #8 (Cat Got Your Tongue).
- The function and flavor text of this item might be a reference to the idioms "no room to swing a cat" or "can't swing a dead cat without hitting...".