| (page 2, column 11, line 1)
(page 2, column 1, line 4)
Guppy's Tail is a passive item.
- Grants a 1/3 chance of replacing a pickup with a normal chest or gold chest, but also a 1/3 chance to replace it with nothing at all.
- This item belongs to the Guppy set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Guppy.
- Contract From BelowDoubles the number of pickups and chests spawned after clearing a room or performing some other triggering action (such as using a blood donation machine), but reduces the chance for any pickups to spawn at all. - Grants two chests instead of one.
- Mom's KeySpawns 2 keys. Generates additional pickups from chests. - Increases the amount of drops from chests and counteracts the increased chance to run into locked chests.
- The Left HandReplaces brown chests and golden chests with red chests. - Turns all chests into red chests, allowing you to get cursed chest items much more quickly (Including Guppy items).
- Paper ClipGolden Chests can be opened without using a key. - Spawned Golden Chests don't require keys.
- Rusted KeyImproves the chances of finding keys and golden chests. - Increases amount of keys and gold chests.
- Due to any found chests containing Items while in The Chest or The Dark Room, Guppy's Tail can be a good way to quickly stack up more upgrades before facing the final boss.
- This item is used in Challenge #8 (Cat Got Your Tongue).