Gurdy is a boss found in The Caves and the Flooded Caves. She is a completely stationary large mound of organs and flesh with a single face partially missing as well as two arms which often signal her various attacks.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Gurdy is completely stationary and will always appear in the upper middle of the room. She will sometimes be accompanied by Attack Flies to the left and right of her and two Boils in the bottom corners of the room. She has three attacks:
- Gurdy can duck down into her body and emerge from the side facing Isaac, firing 5 blood shots in a spread out manner.
- Gurdy can spawn either a Pooter near herself, or two Attack Flies behind her.
- Spawned attack flies are weaker than normal, with only about 3 health.
- Gurdy can summon two Boils in front of her.
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Black: Larger and does not use her blood shot attack, but instead summons monsters at a faster rate.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The first thing to keep in mind is to clear at least one corner of the room before attacking Gurdy herself.
- After clearing the area, maintain a constant back and forth motion to the side and in front of Gurdy, using 1/4 of the screen. By doing this, you can easily dodge the spread shot Gurdy fires, as she will not adjust her angle once she retreats into herself before firing.
- You can avoid Gurdy's shots altogether by simply standing behind her. However, you will not be able to easily see the flies she spawns, so you may be hit by them.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gurdy as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gurdy appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Gurdy was originally supposed to be a pile of dead children, but it looked too confusing, so Edmund McMillen made her body made of guts instead.
- Gurdy's name is supposedly derived from a medical condition called G.E.R.D. (gastroesophageal reflux disease), more commonly known as acid reflux.
- Gurdy has been theorised to be the pupa of the Gurdy boss series, with the egg and larva stages being the Gurglings and Gurdy Jr., respectively, and the mature creature being Mama Gurdy.
- Upon entering a room with Gurdy in it, the player will usually be teleported to the bottom center of the room regardless of which side the player entered from.
- Gurdy shares her name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
- Gurdy is female.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|