Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears are fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy they burst into many smaller tears in all directions.
- Tears down - (Delay * 2) + 10
- Increases damage by about 31%.
- The scattered tears deal random damage that is around 50-80% of the main tear.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Higher shot speed lowers the arc of the main shot, whereas lower speed heightens it, resulting in very minor change in effective range.
- The split tears are affected normally by shot speed.
- The tear height stat is entirely ignored for both the main shot and the split tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Significantly increased tear delay. Isaac fires a large arcing tear that fires several Brimstone beams in random directions upon bursting.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Similar to Cricket's Body, tears will split, scattering massive amounts of smaller tears across the room. Hits on walls or the floor absorb most of the extra tears.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: A single tear can scatter massive amounts of smaller tears in a wide area regardless of what it hits.
- Dead EyeIsaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot.: Both the main tear and the burst tears can increase the damage bonus, but missing the burst tears won't reset it.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Significantly increased tear delay. Isaac fires a large arcing tear reminiscent of a bomb that scatters into 3-5 bombs that explode simultaneously.
- The Forgotten: Several blood tears are scattered upon the bone club hitting an enemy. Also increases the size of the club, similar to PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.. The throw is unaffected and does not scatter blood tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Fires a large explosive shot that releases poisonous, high-damage but non-explosive split tears on impact.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears look like Haemolacria. They can be fed and will burst into 8 tears that have Haemolacria's burst effect upon hitting obstacles or enemies.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Fires a barrage of Haemolacria tears, all of which will burst.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Haemolacria works with minimal tear delay while Mom's Knife has to be charged.
- Does not work with Lilith, Mom's Knife overrides Haemolacria.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: The tears burst into 3-5 Tech X rings on impact.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Fires arcing tears that release Technology lasers upon bursting.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Both Trisagion and Haemolacria fire at the same time, Haemolacria does not keep spectral tears despite its tears sprite change but the arced tear keeps piercing.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: Haemolacria overrides Azazel's Brimstone.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Haemolacria, with increased damage and tear delay.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: At base range, the main tear bounces once, releasing burst tears which do not bounce, then bursts normally. At high range, the main tear can bounce multiple times.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: The main tear has the damaging aura but burst tears do not.
- Godhead + The Forgotten: The blood tears from the bone club have the damaging aura.
- Holy LightIsaac has a random chance to fire a Holy tear, which, when it hits an enemy, will spawn a Crack the Sky-style light beam on the same enemy, dealing damage.: The main tear can be a holy tear and bursts normally in addition to the light beam. Split tears have an independent chance of being holy tears.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Overridden by Haemolacria. Only stat changes apply.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overridden by Haemolacria.
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them.: If the main tear is a booger, it will get stuck and not burst on hitting an enemy, dealing its heightened damage. Split tears have an independent chance of being booger tears.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The main tear follows the beam, but the burst spreads normally.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Haemolacria's appearance in the original Steam Workshop mod.
Haemolacria tear appearance with BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period..
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Haemolacria is based on this Steam Workshop item by HiHowAreYou, originally known as Water Balloon.
- The item is a reference to Haemolacria, a rare condition that causes people to produce tears that are composed of blood.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|