Differences[edit | edit source]
- 2-3 more rooms generate each floor.
- Standard rooms with a difficulty of "1" cannot generate; most rooms with this difficulty are very easy, making difficult rooms more common.
- Enemies have a base 20% chance to become Champions instead of only 5%; additionally, they only award pickups 33% of the time.
- Hearts are 66% less likely to drop after completing a room.
- Only champion bosses will drop hearts; normal bosses will not.
- Floors are more likely to have curses.
Unlocks for Hard Mode[edit | edit source]
|Character||Mom's Heart||All completion marks|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before update 1.03, the reduced drop-rate affected all pickups (not just Red Hearts).
- Godhead, Smelter, and Marrow are the only items that require playing Hard mode to unlock, with every other unlock being co-op babies.
- Godhead's unlock requirements were extended in the Afterbirth DLC (and further extended in the Afterbirth+ DLC) due to the addition of more completion marks, but it can still be unlocked in the base game using the same method.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|