is Challenge #3. This challenge starts you with Tiny Planet
, Soy Milk
, The Small Rock
, and Iron Bar
. Your goal is to defeat Mom
. This Challenge is unlocked by default.
- Tiny Planet and Soy Milk will make it very difficult to target enemies. Any damage you inflict will be small and increases in damage will be almost insignificant.
- Iron Bar can be a hindrance as the unpredictable movement of confused enemies can make them hard to hit.
- As enemies get hit everywhere from the tears, it is very likely that an enemy can be pushed into you.
- Since targeting enemies is difficult, it may help you to learn where your shots converge in front of you. Practice will be a big factor.
- While there is a spot behind you that can target enemies as well, the tears may cause them to be knocked into you if they are too close.
- Rapidly hitting left and right to shoot tears will cause a better spread of tears around you and make it easier to hit enemies.
- Keep in mind that bombs you drop can be moved by your tears. This makes them less effective in battle. Also, when dropping bombs to open Secret Rooms or clear obstacles to get to pickups, let your tears disappear first or you can end up wasting bombs.
- Since the tears spend a long time on screen, obtaining A Lump of Coal results in a huge increase in damage output. This would make finding Krampus valuable.
- Iron Bar can cause enemies to stop targeting you while they're dazed, giving you time to allow tears to hit and move to safer spots. Watch for the confused status to plot your moves.
- Fear effects can help greatly. Enemies will become much easier to hit as once frightened they will run in a straight line away from you. This allows you to drive them against a wall and target them as they become trapped. Getting Dark Matter from a Devil Room can be very beneficial.
- Transforming into Guppy is a great strategy as all tears that hit will spawn a fly. In less time you can send a huge amount of flies at enemies effectively tripling your damage.
- It's possible to get stuck on some rooms that require you to hit faraway enemies. Without flight or bombs, these rooms must be waited out, as the doors will automatically open after two minutes.
- Polyphemus will turn your tears into giant tears, effectively doubling damage without affecting Tears or Tear Speed.
- Lost Contact will turn your tears into a massive shield that will make you invulnerable from most of the shots
- Libra will greatly boost Soy Milk's damage output - grab it when you get the opportunity.
- Alternatively, you can reroll your build to get rid of the Soy Milk + Tiny Planet planet combo. This makes the D4, the D100, Missing No. and 1 or 6 pips dice rooms valuable.
- Challenge items can no longer be rerolled.
- Brimstone dramatically reduces the difficulty of the challenge. While damage per tick is still quite unremarkable (per Soy Milk), it is far easier to aim the Brimstone beam and it can be fired at will with no charge-up time needed.
- Ring Worm causes tears to fly around uncontrollably, but can make it easier to hit faraway enemies.
- Because of the large number of tears, item that give effects upon hit (such as Holy Light, Fire Mind or The Common Cold) will be useful.