Head of the Keeper
(page 4, column 4, row 4)
(page 4, column 4, row 4)
Head of the Keeper is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Enemies have a 5% chance to drop a Penny when hit with Isaac's tears.
- The chance is not affected by Luck.
- Turns Isaac's tears into coins (cosmetic effect).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only pennies are generated, no other types of coins.
- Hitting the front side of enemies such as the Knight will still produce Pennies, even though the enemy does not sustain any damage. This can be exploited to produce an infinite amount of Pennies from a single enemy. However, this won't work with defensive Hosts.
- Enemies that spawn other enemies, globins, or enemies that regain health can also be farmed for infinite money.
- Head of the Keeper does not work with The Forgotten but will work with The Soul.
- When used against Ultra Greed, the coins are spawned directly in front of him, and will thus heal him very often.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- The Ludovico Technique: Tear turns into a giant rotating coin.
- Monstro's Lung: Every tear in the burst of tears can spawn coins.
- Soy Milk: Due to the Soy Milk's high fire rate and low damage, enemies can be hit many more times than usual, resulting in a larger amount of coins dropping.
- Technology Zero: Coin tears are connected via electricity. Beams of electricity can cause enemies to drop coins.
- Technology 2: Due to Technology 2's constant fire rate and reduced damage, enemies are hit many more times than usual, resulting in a higher likelihood of coins dropping.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Azazel's short-ranged Brimstone also overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Death's Touch: Tears retain Death's Touch's cosmetic effect (scythes) but both items are fully active.
- Sulfuric Acid: Tears retain Head of the Keeper's cosmetic effect but both items are fully active. Which tears are acidic can no longer be visually identified.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Euthanasia: Main tears can cause enemies to drop Pennies; however, burst tears do not.
- Haemolacria: Only the main tear retains the effect of Head of the Keeper.
- Ipecac: Because Ipecac's high damage will quickly kill enemies, and because enemies will often be hit with explosions rather than tears themselves, Pennies will not drop as frequently.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Technology: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Tech X: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Trisagion: Overrides Head of the Keeper. Coin debris will still appear after beams dissipate.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item resembles Ultra Greed's head.
- The coins fired are the same as Ultra Greed's coin projectiles.
- When picked up as Keeper, he will look similar to the Greed Gaper.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3C4D F1LV (In the room just south of spawn in the Locked chest)
NNNQ 0CJT (Challenge Room south west - Necropolis 1)
NE20 K6RQ (Greedier mode dropped from dead shopkeeper)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|