Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Head of the Keeper
|(page 4, column 4, row 4)|
Head of the Keeper is a passive item added in Afterbirth.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Enemies have a 5% chance to drop a penny when hit with Isaac's tears.
- Turns Isaac's tears into coins (cosmetic effect).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hitting the front side of enemies such as the Knight will still produce coins, even though the enemy does not sustain any damage. This can be exploited to produce an infinite amount of coins from a single enemy. However this won't work with defensive Hosts.
- Enemies that spawn other enemies, globins, or enemies that regain health can also be farmed for infinite money.
- Head of the Keeper does not work with The Forgotten but will work with The Soul.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Azazel's short ranged Brimstone also overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Death's TouchIncreases Damage by 1.5, reduces Tears by 0.3 and increases tear size. Grants piercing tears. Tears are replaced by Death's scythes, which is a cosmetic effect only.: Tears retain Death's Touch's cosmetic effect (scythes) but both items are fully active.
- Sulfuric AcidIncreases damage. Adds a chance to fire acidic tears which can destroy obstacles.: Tears retain Head of the Keeper's cosmetic effect but both items are fully active. Which tears are acidic can no longer be visually identified.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Main tears can cause enemies to drop pennies; however, burst tears do not.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Only the main tear retains the effect of Head of the Keeper.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Because Ipecac's high damage will quickly kill enemies, and because enemies will often be hit with explosions rather than tears themselves, coins will not drop as frequently.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Head of the Keeper.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Overrides Head of the Keeper. Coin debris will still appear after beams dissipate.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Bum FriendA portable beggar who follows Isaac, picks up coins for himself, and occasionally drops a pickup after collecting a coin. Does not spawn collectibles.: Generated coins may be traded for other pickups via bum friend.
- BumboSpawns a beggar familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins, leveling up after collecting several coins. At level 2, Bumbo gains a body. At level 3, it begins to fire tears. At level 4, Bumbo chases enemies slowly, dealing contact damage.: Coin drops will quickly raise Bumbo to useful level.
- Burnt PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a bomb when money is collected./ Bloody PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a half heart when money is collected./ Flat PennyGives a 50% chance of spawning a key upon collecting a penny.: Penny trinkets allows Isaac to harvest a lot of bombs/health/keys from dropped coins.
- D20Rerolls all pickups in the current room.: Easy way to create a lot of pickups to reroll.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Coin tears have damaging auras and will home in on enemies.
- Greed's GulletGrants a heart container for every 25 coins Isaac has.: Dropped coins can boost health.
- Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes.: All coins will be dropped as their double version.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear turns into a giant rotating coin.
- : Dropped coins can boost damage.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Every tear in the burst of tears can spawn coins.
- Portable SlotUpon activation, 1 coin will be consumed, and a random pickup may drop, similar to the slot machine.: Extra money allows you to gamble more.
- Sack HeadGreatly increases the chance to find sacks.: When hit, enemies will occasionally drop sacks instead of coins.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Due to the Soy Milk's high fire rate and low damage, enemies can be hit many more times than usual, resulting in a larger amount of coins dropping.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Coin tears are connected to each other via electricity. Beams of electricity can cause enemies to drop coins.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Due to Technology 2's constant fire rate and reduced damage, enemies are hit many more times than usual, resulting in a higher likelihood of coins dropping.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item resembles Ultra Greed's head.
- The coins fired are the same as Ultra Greed's coin projectiles.
- When picked up as Keeper, he will look similar to the Greed Gaper.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3C4D F1LV (In the room just south of spawn in the Gold chest)
NNNQ 0CJT (Challenge room south west - Necropolis 1)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|