Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Holy Light is a passive item added in Afterbirth.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac has a chance to fire a glowing blue tear that, after colliding with an enemy, spawns a damaging beam of light (similar to Crack the SkySummons multiple beams of light in random locations around the room, dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy that touches them.).
- Each beam of light deals quadruple (4x) Isaac's tear damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance to fire a holy tear depends on the Luck stat and maxes out at a 50% chance at 9 luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Holy Light tears spawn more often and there can be more than one of them fired at once.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: If Holy Light tears are split by prism, all four tears will have Holy Light effect; normal tears will not gain Holy Light after being split being by prism.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Holy Light tears will have split tears with Holy Light effect; normal tears will not have split tears with Holy Light effect.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Allows for the chance to fire needles with Holy Light effect that deal massive damage. Burst needles also have the chance to have Holy Light effect.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: The stone and tears in the tear barrage have a chance to have Holy Light effect.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: If Holy Light tears feed normal tears, fed normal tears will not gain Holy Light effect; however, if normal tears feed Holy Light tears, it will just increase the size of fed Holy Light tears.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Every tear in tear barrage has a chance to have the Holy Light effect.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The controlled tear will sometimes glow and trigger the beam.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears can still spawn beams of light after bouncing off an enemy, making it possible to spawn multiple beams from the same tear.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Beams of light will spawn very frequently.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Sprinkler can fire Holy Light tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel/ BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Holy Light.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Holy Light.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Holy Light.
- The Forgotten: The melee and ranged attack can create beams of light.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Occasionally fires Haemolacria tears with Holy Light effect. Only the main tear will have the effect and not the burst tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: If the explosives don't kill enemies instantly, explosives with Holy Light will spawn a light beam after explosion is over.
- Keeper: Holy Light tears spawn more often and there can be more than one of them fired at once.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Holy Light.
- Holy Light can trigger on both held and thrown knives.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Holy Light.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Holy Light.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Electricity connecting tears with Holy Light tears will not gain Holy Light effect.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Tears will occasionally have Holy Light effect.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Overrides Holy Light.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ZP6Z DNGG (First floor treasure room)
MVSF JE4P (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
KAG1 N40P (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
ADRX D2JV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
AEAR 8JHW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
FHTF 94B8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|