Holy Mantle is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Protects Isaac from damage by blocking one hit.
- Shield effect recharges the next room.
- This item belongs to the SeraphimGrants flight and gives +3 soul hearts. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into an angel.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Holy Mantle will protect you from spiked chests.
- As the shield gets restored whenever another room is entered, Holy Mantle allows Curse Rooms to be entered and left without taking damage.
- This can be bypassed by quitting the game entirely (not just returning to the Main Menu) before continuing the run, allowing players who have lost the shield within the Curse Room to leave without taking damage.
- Holy Mantle won't be active when initially spawning on a floor in the spawn room. For example, the damage caused by walking into a Curse Room adjacent to spawn is not negated. Walking into another room and coming back to spawn resets the Holy Mantle and allows you to safely enter said Curse Room.
- Unlike every other protective effect (like shield or invulnerability), Holy Mantle does not prevent damage from Blood Donation Machines, Devil Beggars, and Blood Rights. This is probably done to avoid exploiting them, given the infinitely rechargeable effect of the Holy Mantle.
- However, Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars can be played practically for free during the invincibility frames granted when losing the Holy Mantle shield. This means that if there are spikes, fireplaces or similar viable methods of taking damage, one can exploit the machine or beggar until it pays out if he has enough speed to walk to them while under the effect of the invincibility frames. A common example is a Curse Room that contains a Devil Beggar in the middle of the room.
- Damage from Sacrifice Room spikes can be blocked by Holy Mantle, but nothing will spawn unless Isaac takes damage.
- Bad Trip will not damage the player when protected by Holy Mantle.
- The blocked hit does not count as damage taken for related achievements and will not trigger items that activate upon taking damage, like Dead Bird. This means that such items are still worthless for The Lost.
- If the player possesses Pyromaniac, the Holy Mantle will appear to be consumed if hit by an explosion before other damage, but will still protect from the first actual hit.
- The Lost starts with this item after donating 879 coins to the Greed Machine.
- Holy Mantle will not recharge after every wave in Greed Mode and will only recharge when the room is left and re-entered.
- Holy Mantle will protect the player from the automatic damage that occurs when the timer runs out in the SPEED! challenge.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- E Coli: The nullified first hit will turn the contacted enemy into poop without damaging Isaac.
- Infamy: Infamy's chance of blocking projectiles is applied before the Holy Mantle, allowing the Holy Mantle hit to be saved.
- Isaac's Heart: The shield effect transfers to the heart.
- Stop Watch: If damage is blocked with Holy Mantle, Stop Watch will trigger the slow effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Athame: Getting hit when the Holy Mantle shield is active prevents Athame from triggering its effect.
- Diplopia: An extra effect is added in the room it was found in, but only a single effect will be given in future rooms.
- Dull Razor: Will break the Mantle.
- Glass Cannon: Holy Mantle's effect will apply after Glass Cannon reduces Isaac's health to half a heart.
- Sharp Plug: Holy Mantle blocks the damage from Sharp Plug, but also keeps Isaac's active item from charging.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
2RTG TZKG (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
893G 9AYJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1QXB 08E9 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
8WKT GK49 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CJHB BJF8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HGBT SDKC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3403 J3ZN (First floor treasure room)
CEH8 HGYN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
S1HX M6V9 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HPJ6 R873 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
J3HV KLK8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
8FKH 6SN6 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn; Curse of the Blind)
KMBW P2MF (First Floor Treasure Room)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If the Holy Mantle is removed from the player's items — for example, when using the D4 — Isaac can still take one damage and it will be negated with the Holy Mantle's effect, but only in the room where the items were re-rolled.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|