Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Holy Mantle is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Protects Isaac from damage by blocking one hit.
- Shield effect recharges the next room.
- This item belongs to the Seraphim
set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into an angel.
- +3 soul hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Holy Mantle will protect you from spiked chests.
- As the shield gets restored whenever another room is entered, Holy Mantle allows Curse Rooms to be entered and left without taking damage.
- Holy Mantle won't be active when initially spawning on a floor in the spawn room. For example: the damage caused by walking into a Curse Room adjacent to spawn is not negated. Walking into another room and coming back to spawn resets the Holy Mantle and allows you to safely enter said Curse Room.
- Unlike every other protective effect (like shield or invulnerability), Holy Mantle does not prevent damage from Blood Donation Machines, Devil Beggars, and Blood RightsDamages all enemies in the room, but deals a heart of damage to Isaac with each use.. This is probably done to avoid exploiting them, given the infinitely rechargeable effect of the Holy Mantle.
- Damage from Sacrifice Room spikes can be blocked by Holy Mantle, but nothing will spawn unless Isaac actually takes damage.
- Bad Trip will not damage the player when protected by Holy Mantle.
- The blocked hit does not count as damage taken for related achievements and will not trigger items that activate upon taking damage, like Dead BirdSpawns a flying familiar for the current room that chases enemies whenever Isaac takes damage.. This means that such items are still worthless for The Lost, unless Dull RazorHurts Isaac without depleting health, activating any items that trigger upon taking damage. is possessed, , even if he carries Holy Mantle.
- If the player possesses PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs., the Holy Mantle will appear to be consumed if hit by an explosion before other damage, but will still protect from the first actual hit.
- The Lost starts with this item after donating 879 coins to the Greed Machine.
- Holy Mantle will not recharge after every wave in Greed Mode and will only recharge when the room is left and re-entered.
- Holy Mantle will protect the player from the automatic damage that occurs when the timer runs out in the SPEED! challenge.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Thunder ThighsDestroys rocks upon contact with Isaac. Adds one heart container and lowers Speed. or LeoAllows you to crush rocks when you walk over them.: Isaac can stomp on Mushrooms or Bomb Rocks without taking damage once per room, granting a safer way to receive pills or Magic Mushroom/Mini Mush from the Mushrooms or a potential Crawl Space from a Bomb Rock.
- Kamikaze!Creates an explosion in the same area as Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage to him and also damaging all enemies caught in the blast radius.: If the player doesn't take damage upon entering a room, the mantle will absorb the damage from the explosion. Can be used as much as wanted by simply exiting and entering the same room after each use.
- Stop Watch Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room.: If damage is blocked with Holy Mantle, Stop Watch will trigger the slow effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dull RazorHurts Isaac without depleting health, activating any items that trigger upon taking damage.: Will break the Mantle and waste the Razor's charge.
- E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop.: The nullified first hit will still turn the contacted enemy into poop.
- Glass CannonWhen used, reduces Isaac's health to half a heart (including soul and black hearts) and fires one large piercing spectral tear that does a lot of damage. The damage done by Glass Cannon scales with Isaac's damage (at base damage it does 45 damage).: Holy Mantle does not stop the Glass Cannon from reducing Isaac to half a heart, and will still prevent Isaac's first point of damage thereafter.
- InfamyChance to block projectiles coming from any direction.: Infamy's chance of blocking projectiles is applied before the Holy Mantle.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: The shield effect transfers to the heart.
- Mystery EggSpawns an egg familiar, which cracks and turns into a random charmed enemy when Isaac is hurt. The egg regenerates upon entering a different room.: Losing the Mantle will not cause a charmed enemy to spawn.
- Sharp PlugUsing an activated item while it's not charged will charge it and Sharp Plug does 2 full heart damage to Isaac.: Holy Mantle blocks the damage from Sharp Plug, but also keeps Isaac's active item from charging. Using Sharp Plug again will function normally.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
2RTG TZKG (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
893G 9AYJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1QXB 08E9 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
8WKT GK49 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CJHB BJF8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HGBT SDKC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3403 J3ZN (First floor treasure room)
CEH8 HGYN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
S1HX M6V9 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HPJ6 R873 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
J3HV KLK8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
8FKH 6SN6 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn; Curse of the Blind)
KMBW P2MF (First Floor Treasure Room)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If the Holy Mantle is removed from the player's items — for example, when using the D4 — Isaac can still take one damage and it will be negated with the Holy Mantle's effect, but only in the room where the items were re-rolled.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|