Homunculus is a monster that has a small range of movement because it is attached to the wall. Given enough time it will detach, shooting 6 radial blood shots and chasing quickly after Isaac. It leaves a small amount of creep when it dies while attached to the wall or if it detaches itself from the wall.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Begotten[edit | edit source]
Spawned by Sisters Vis
Begotten acts like Homunculus but doesn't leave creep when it dies. When it detaches from the wall, it fires 6 blood shots in radial directions, turns the room dark and phases in and out of visibility.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since Booster Pack 5, Homunculi and Begottens can now spawn attached to rocks. If the rocks are destroyed before they are slain, then they will instantly detach and chase the player.
- The Homunculi encountered in the Mr. Fred boss fight can only detach under Mr. Fred's command, not at free will.
- When Begottens break free, they briefly become visible when they receive damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A homunculus is a very small human or humanoid creature- the word can also be used to describe a certain fetus-like ovarian cystic teratomae.
- Similar to Frowning Gapers and Nulls, Homunculi and Begottens are seen in a sleep-like state at the start of a room before they immediately open their eyes and attempt to pursue the player.
- Begottens are the only non-boss enemies that can cast a "curse of darkness" effect.
- Homunculi will still leave behind creep if re-rolled with D10Rerolls the enemies in a room. Only rerolls enemies that are still alive (does not spawn new enemies)..
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|