Homunculus is a monster that has a small range of movement because it is attached to the wall. Given enough time it will detach, shooting 6 radial blood shots and chasing quickly after Isaac. It leaves a small amount of creep when it dies while attached to the wall or if it detaches itself from the wall.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Begotten[edit | edit source]
Begotten acts like Homunculus but doesn't leave creep when it dies. When it detaches from the wall, it turns the room dark and phases in and out of visibility.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Homunculi encountered in the Mr. Fred boss fight can only detach under Mr. Fred's command, not at free will.
- Similar to Frowning Gapers and Nulls, Homunculi and Begottens are seen in a sleep-like state at the start of a room before they immediately open their eyes and attempt to pursue the player.
- When Begottens break free, they become slightly more visible the closer they are to Isaac.
- Begottens are the only non-boss enemies that can cast a "curse of darkness" effect.
- Homunculi will still leave behind creep if re-rolled with the D10.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|