Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
The Harbingers is the achievement that unlocks Famine, War, Pestilence and Death as four additional bosses. The Harbingers are referenced in the Bible as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. These bosses are only unlocked once Mom has been defeated for the first time. These bosses, with the exception of Conquest and The Headless Horseman, are guaranteed to drop either a Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat. or a Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages.. By using the Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom). on a floor, there is a much higher chance that the boss for the current floor will be a harbinger unless the floor has a fixed boss (for example, Mom in The Depths and Necropolis) or the harbinger has been fought already.
Famine[edit | edit source]
Pestilence[edit | edit source]
War[edit | edit source]
Death[edit | edit source]
Conquest[edit | edit source]
Conquest is an alternative boss to Death in Chapter 4. He is unlocked once 10 items have been taken from Angel Rooms. Conquest does not drop normal Horseman items, instead dropping White PonyPassively grants flight and increased speed. Upon use, Isaac charges in the direction the pony is facing, becoming invulnerable during the charge and damaging enemies while also casting the effect of Crack the Sky..
The Headless Horseman[edit | edit source]
The Headless Horseman can appear in the place of any Harbinger. Like Conquest, he doesn't drop normal Horseman items, instead dropping A PonyPassively grants flight and increased speed. Upon use, Isaac charges in the direction the pony is facing, becoming invulnerable during the charge and damaging enemies..
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Conquest was added in the Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb. In the Bible, Conquest is actually the first Horseman to appear, while Pestilence is a Horseman existing only in popular culture, coming from a different translation of the Greek word 'Thanatos', often meaning Death instead (the canon four Horsemen, thus, are Conquest, War, Famine and Death).
- Conquest's entry in the secrets is called "The Forgotten Horseman", because of that very reason.
- Death is the only horseman specifically given a name in The Book of Revelation.
- The use of the Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom). item to summon a horseman for the current floor is reference to the fact that the book of the Bible in which the horsemen are described is Revelation.
- None of the Harbingers have a death animation.
- Under normal circumstances, Conquest and the Headless Horseman are 2 of only 3 bosses (the other being The Fallen) who drop or can drop active items upon defeat.
- The horses used by the Harbingers resemble stick horses.
|The WombDefeat Mom for the 1st timeThe HarbingersDefeat Mom for the 1st timeA Cube of MeatDefeat Mom for the 1st timeA HaloDefeat Mom using The BiblePuristDefeat Mom for the first time||XXXXXXXXLDefeat Mom for the 1st timeSPEED!Defeat Mom for the 1st timeHave a HeartDefeat Mom for the 1st timePRIDE DAY!Defeat Mom for the 1st timeOnan's StreakDefeat Mom for the 1st timeThe GuardianDefeat Mom for the 1st time||Aprils foolDefeat Mom for the 1st time|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|