Hosts are immobile skulls. When lowered down, which is their normal state, they are invincible. Occasionally, they will pop up and shoot three spread shots towards Isaac, revealing a fleshy stem that can be damaged. Damaging a host while it is lowered will increase the delay before it pops up.
Hosts are immune to explosions, and if a Host takes a large amount of damage at once while lowered, they will grimace.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Red Host[edit | edit source]
Red Hosts can replace regular Hosts in any area. Their skull is replaced by a vulnerable red fleshlike material. Unlike normal Hosts, they can still take damage when lowered down, but they will fire 5 blood shots instead of 3.
Mobile Host[edit | edit source]
Mobile Hosts function the same as the original hosts but now do contact damage. They also have a random delay between the times they open up, unlike the immobile Host which opens up instantly if it has a line of sight to Isaac and has been closed for a set amount of time without being shot. Like regular Hosts, they are immune to explosions.
Flesh Mobile Host[edit | edit source]
Flesh Mobile Hosts are like Mobile Hosts, but can be damaged at any time and will fire 5 blood shots instead of 3.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hosts originated from a multiplayer flash game created by Edmund McMillen called HOST.
- Hosts are very similar to the Met enemies from the game Mega Man; both are immune to any kind of damage when they are lowered down, and when they pop up, they become vulnerable and shoot three shots.
- Additionally, Mobile Hosts behave like the Neo Met, a version of the Met that walks.
- In the game's files, Red Hosts and their walking variations have grimace animations that are impossible to see in-game because they are always vulnerable.
- The Gate physically resembles a giant Host.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|