Hosts are immobile skulls. When lowered down, which is their normal state, they are invincible. Occasionally, they will pop up and shoot three spread shots towards Isaac, revealing a fleshy stem that can be damaged. Damaging a host while it is lowered will increase the delay before it pops up.
Hosts are immune to explosions, and if a Host takes a large amount of damage at once while lowered, they will grimace.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Red Host[edit | edit source]
Red Hosts can replace regular Hosts in any area. Their skull is replaced by a vulnerable red fleshlike material. Unlike normal Hosts, they can still take damage when lowered down, but they will fire 5 blood shots instead of 3.
Mobile Host[edit | edit source]
Mobile Hosts function the same as the original hosts but now do contact damage. They also have a random delay between the times they open up, unlike the immobile Host which opens up instantly if it has a line of sight to Isaac and has been closed for a set amount of time without being shot. Like regular Hosts, they are immune to explosions.
Flesh Mobile Host[edit | edit source]
Flesh Mobile Hosts are like Mobile Hosts, but can be damaged at any time and will fire 5 blood shots instead of 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sketches of monsters for the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, including the Walking Host in the fourth square of the first row, formerly named "Walkey Skull Shooter." Interestingly enough, despite the Host's name already being established in the original Binding of Isaac, it was given a different name that didn't have the word "host" until it was eventually renamed to the Walking Host.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hosts originated from a multiplayer flash game created by Edmund McMillen called HOST.
- Hosts are very similar to the Met enemies from the game Mega Man; both are immune to any kind of damage when they are lowered down, and when they pop up, they become vulnerable and shoot three shots.
- Additionally, Mobile Hosts behave like the Neo Met, a version of the Met that walks.
- In the game's files, Red Hosts and their walking variations have grimace animations that are impossible to see in-game because they are always vulnerable.
- The Gate physically resembles a giant Host.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|