How to Jump
How to Jump is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac jumps in the direction he is currently moving. The distance of the jump depends on how fast Isaac was moving and for how long he was holding the button when the item was activated. Jumping allows Isaac to travel over obstacles such as rocks, pits, and spikes.
- While mid-jump, enemies, enemy shots, bombs, and spikes cannot damage Isaac. Isaac cannot interact with pickups or chests mid-jump.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac has flight, Isaac dashes instead of jumping. This is functionally the same as jumping, but without the animation playing. Isaac will have invincibility during the dash, and the dash will only stop on terrain that can be walked on.
- If Isaac has flight and is flying above a pit, the dash distance will be very short.
- The item can be used to jump through the pillars of light spawned by Isaac without taking damage.
- Isaac can't jump through doors, which means damage from Curse Room doors cannot be avoided.
- If this item is activated by Void, it is possible to get stuck in an impassable area with no ability to escape. Exit Game, then Continue Game to move Isaac back to a passable area of the room.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car Battery: No effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The cover of the How to Jump book resembles the original packaging artwork of the game Super Mario Bros., and also refers to Mario's original name, "Jumpman," in the game Donkey Kong.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
19ET 6JE9 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
97JM 9H2S (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
N6RG BHK7 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
T7HS M3Y8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
ADNK M30F (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|