Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
How to Jump
How to Jump is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac jumps in the direction he is currently moving. The distance of the jump depends on how fast Isaac was moving when the item was activated. Jumping allows Isaac to travel over obstacles such as rocks, pits, and spikes.
- While mid-jump, enemies, enemy shots, bombs, and spikes cannot damage Isaac. Isaac cannot interact with pickups or chests mid-jump.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac has flight, Isaac dashes instead of jumping. This is functionally the same as jumping, but without the animation playing. Isaac will have invincibility during the dash, and the dash will only stop on terrain that can be walked on.
- If Isaac has flight and is flying above a pit, the dash distance will be very short.
- The item can be used to jump through the pillars of light spawned by Isaac (Boss) without taking damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Broken RemoteTriggers the Teleport effect whenever an activated item is used.: The teleport will activate every time How to Jump is used, allowing for infinite teleports.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: How To Jump is unaffected by double activation.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The cover of the How to Jump book resembles the original packaging artwork of the game Super Mario Bros., and also refers to Mario's original name, "Jumpman," in the game Donkey Kong.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
19ET 6JE9 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
97JM 9H2S (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
N6RG BHK7 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
T7HS M3Y8 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
ADNK M30F (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a friendly Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|