Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|(page 2, column 12, row 1)|
IV Bag is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- When activated, causes Isaac to lose half a heart (or a full heart in The Womb and beyond) while spawning 1-3 coins.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This effect is counted as inflicted damage for the purpose of items that spawn pickups upon damage, such as Gimpy or Fanny Pack, but does not count against the chance of encountering the Devil Room.
- Invulnerability will not prevent Isaac from losing hearts.
- Spawns 0-1 coins when playing as Keeper.
- If down to half a heart (or a full heart in The Womb and beyond), it will take soul or black hearts instead of red hearts.
- When playing as the Lost, using the item will be an instant kill through Holy Mantle.
- Since using the IV Bag still causes invulnerability, using it just before getting hit, walking over spikes, or going through a Sacrifice Room will grant coins without inflicting extra damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: IV Bag ignores the Holy Mantle's protection, resulting in the character taking damage regardless and will instantly kill The Lost.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: Can be used without taking damage, resulting in an infinite amount of coins.
- Isaac still takes damage from this during The Guardian challenge.
- Piggy BankGives 3 pennies on pick-up. Every time Isaac is damaged, he will drop one additional penny./ Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny.: Extra coins will appear when Isaac uses IV Bag.
- Piggy Bank will spawn 0-1 when the player is playing with Keeper.
- Portable SlotUpon activation, 1 coin will be consumed, and a random pickup may drop, similar to the slot machine.: Can be alternated between to gain ridiculous amounts of pickups from only a few initial coins or hearts.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: Allows for infinite coins once Isaac is at half a red heart (or full red heart in The Womb or beyond) by moving between rooms to reset Scapular's effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A glitch in the original Binding of Isaac existed where the player could leave a room and activate the item during the invincibility frames offered during recovery of using the items, effectively spawning infinite coins. This bug has been fixed in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|