Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 2, column 12, row 1)|
IV Bag is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- When activated, causes Isaac to lose half a heart (or a full heart in The Womb and beyond) while spawning 1-3 coins.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This effect is counted as inflicted damage for the purpose of items that spawn pickups upon damage, such as Gimpy or Fanny Pack, but does not count against the chance of encountering the Devil Room.
- Invulnerability will not prevent Isaac from losing hearts.
- Spawns 0-1 coins when playing as Keeper.
- If down to half a heart (or a full heart in The Womb and beyond), it will take soul or black hearts instead of red hearts.
- When playing as the Lost, using the item will be an instant kill through Holy Mantle.
- Since using the IV Bag still causes invulnerability, using it just before getting hit, walking over spikes, or going through a Sacrifice Room will grant coins without inflicting extra damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Bloody PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a half heart when money is collected.: IV Bag's pennies have a chance to spawn half red hearts, allowing IV Bag to be used more.
- Infestation1-3 Blue flies randomly spawn every time Isaac gets hit.: Spawns Blue Flies whenever IV Bag is used.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: Can be used without taking damage, resulting in an infinite amount of coins.
- Isaac still takes damage from this during The Guardian challenge.
- Piggy BankGives 3 pennies on pick-up. Every time Isaac is damaged, he will drop one additional penny./ Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny.: Extra coins will appear when Isaac uses IV Bag.
- Piggy Bank will spawn 0-1 when the player is playing with Keeper.
- Portable SlotUpon activation, 1 coin will be consumed, and a random pickup may drop, similar to the slot machine.: Can be alternated between to gain ridiculous amounts of pickups from only a few initial coins or hearts.
- Spider BabyWhen hit, spawns up to 2 blue spiders.: Spawns Blue Spiders whenever IV Bag is used.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: Allows for infinite coins once Isaac is at half a red heart (or full red heart in The Womb or beyond) by moving between rooms to reset Scapular's effect.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead.: Even in The Womb and beyond, IV Bag only takes half a heart.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A glitch in the original Binding of Isaac existed where the player could leave a room and activate the item during the invincibility frames offered during recovery of using the items, effectively spawning infinite coins. This bug has been fixed in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|