I AM ERROR
The I AM ERROR room is a rare room that isn't connected to any other room on the floor; it can be only found via teleportation. I AM ERROR rooms contain several items and a trapdoor to the next level, which is the only exit from the room unless the character can teleport again.
Arriving at the I AM ERROR room[edit | edit source]
- The only items that can bring you to the I AM ERROR room are Undefined, Telepills, Teleport 2.0, and Blank Card with ? Card
- The Undefined item has a fixed list of destinations (I AM ERROR room being one of the few possibilities), being a quite reliable way to reach the I AM ERROR room.
- Telepills have a very small chance of teleporting you to the I AM ERROR room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Teleport 2.0 when all rooms on the floor have been explored, including secret rooms and the Devil/Angel room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Blank Card with ? Card. This consumes both the Blank Card and the ? Card.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached anymore in The Chest, Dark Room and the final floor of the daily challenge.
Room Contents[edit | edit source]
I AM ERROR rooms always contain a trapdoor to the next level and a unique shopkeeper who can be blown up. Otherwise, the room has multiple different layouts, including:
- Two collectibles.
- Four soul hearts.
- Twelve Black Flies, eight dead shopkeepers, and one collectible.
- Six keys, two Key Masters, and four dead shopkeepers.
- Two golden poops, with regular poop surrounding the room.
- Nine random pills and one collectible.
- Sixteen Pennies and one collectible.
- Four random cards and one collectible.
- Four Chests and one collectible.
- Six Pennies, two pickups or collectibles for sale, and one free collectible.
- Two Golden Poops, four pickups or collectibles for sale, and one free collectible.
- One Eternal Heart, one Red Heart, one Soul Heart, one Black Heart, and one collectible.
- Two Keys, six Locked Chests, and one collectible.
- One Eternal Heart, one Red Heart, one Soul Heart, one Black Heart, two Keys, two Bombs, two random pills, one Lil' Battery, one random card, one Chest, one Locked Chest, and one Red Chest.
- Four random trinkets and one collectible.
- Five dead shopkeepers, one collectible, and two Rag Men.
- Eleven Reward Plates.
- Eight soul hearts and twelve Blue Gapers.
- Two collectibles and a Restock Machine.
- Two collectibles and Super Greed.
- Eighteen random pickups, fourteen Black Flies, and one Corny Poop.
- Two Blood Donation Machines, two Beggars, and two Beds.
- Thirteen Fire Places and seven Mimic Chests.
- One collectible, two Angel statues, two Eternal Chests, six keys, and eight Blue Fire Places.
- One collectible, two Devil statues, two Lucky Pennies, six Red Fire Places, and six spikes.
- Five Grab Bags, two Lil' Batteries, and four random pickups.
- One collectible, one sack, twenty-four random pickups, two golden poops, and four rainbow poops.
- Two pickups or collectibles for sale and six Black Flies.
All collectibles generated in the I AM ERROR room are taken from a random item pool.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once a character arrives at the I AM ERROR room, the only ways out are the trapdoor to the next level or another teleport. As the I AM ERROR room is randomly reached, this could force the player to skip Treasure Room and/or Boss Room items if they hadn't been picked up before, and if the character cannot teleport again.
- If a Crawl Space is spawned in the I AM ERROR room, Isaac will return to the room it was in before being teleported to the I AM ERROR room upon exiting the Crawl Space.
- Using the trapdoor in the I AM ERROR room can allow a character to reach levels not yet unlocked, like Sheol or Cathedral.
- Using the trapdoor in The Chest or the Dark Room will restart the level, similar to the effect of the Forget Me Now, and as of patch 1.05, the floor will generate a different layout upon restarting. The golden gate to Mega Satan will be locked if it was previously opened with Key Piece 1 and Key Piece 2 or Dad's Key. As the Key Pieces are consumed upon entering The Chest or Dark Room, the door can only be opened again for that run by using Dad's Key one more time.
- The Void can also be repeated with this method.
- The chests present in the I AM ERROR room from The Chest and Dark Room always contain collectibles.
- Using the Rune of Jera in most of these room configurations can allow Isaac to summon and pick up a ridiculously large amount of items, making the item especially effective in this room.
- If a Red Chest teleports you to a Devil Room from an I AM ERROR room, exiting the Devil Room will return you to the room you were in before entering the I AM ERROR room.
- Entering the I AM ERROR room from The Womb/Utero/Scarred Womb 2 will randomly result in a trapdoor or a beam of light. Unless both The Polaroid and The Negative have been obtained, the player may have to end their run early in the Sheol/Cathedral.
- It is probably not a good idea to go to the I AM ERROR room on The Depths/Necropolis 2, because the player will be unable to pick up The Polaroid/ The Negative, and can not go to The Chest or the Dark Room, having to end their run in Sheol or the Cathedral.
- Reaching another I AM ERROR room in the above-mentioned levels would allow continuing the run beyond them, even lacking the prerequisite items.
- There is a rare closet room in The Depths and Necropolis containing an I AM ERROR shopkeeper. This is not an I AM ERROR room.
- There is a Super Secret Room that looks like an I AM ERROR room. This is not an I AM ERROR room, and can be exited normally.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The I AM ERROR room is a reference to the NES game The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, where a citizen from Ruto introduces himself with the sentence "I AM ERROR".
- Due to the hard numbers required to access this room, and the name of the room itself, it could be a failsafe.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|