| The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups.|
Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.
Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.
The LadderAllows Isaac to walk across gaps one square across by automatically placing a ladder between the two walkable sections.
Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
Trinity ShieldIsaac gains a shield that protects him from enemy shots.
|: no : yes|
|Poker ChipComplete challenge #26|
|Defeat ??? or The Lamb for the 1st time, and defeat Satan as IsaacI RULE!|
I RULE! is challenge #26. Isaac starts off with Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., Trinity ShieldIsaac gains a shield that protects him from enemy shots., Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power., The LadderAllows Isaac to walk across gaps one square across by automatically placing a ladder between the two walkable sections., and The Boomerang. The goal is to defeat Mega Satan. The Boss Room containing ??? or The Lamb does not appear.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
With a powerful set of items to start with, this is a rather easy challenge after getting used to Mom's Knife. The most difficult challenge here is, of course, defeating Mega Satan.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Since Isaac will likely be stuck with Mom's Knife as his primary method of attacking, finding powerful items and synergies will prove challenging.
- Entering any Angel/Devil Room that spawns might yield items that synergize with Mom's Knife (such as GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo., Holy LightIsaac has a random chance to fire a Holy tear, which, when it hits an enemy, will spawn a Crack the Sky-style light beam on the same enemy, dealing damage. or BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.).
- Though risky, the Boss Rush and Blue Womb will both provide additional chances at good items.
- As a result of beginning the challenge with both Key Pieces, Angel Rooms are much more likely to appear than normal. Due to Angel Room items being generally more useful, it is advised to avoid Devil Rooms altogether.
- It is somewhat easier to beat this challenge with The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. (which doesn't appear after the Mom fight in Afterbirth +) than it is with The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room., as Isaac is an easier fight than Satan in this challenge. Furthermore, The Chest can provide many chances at useful items that the Dark Room does not.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Aside from beating ??? or The Lamb for the first time, the player must also unlock all starter items in the challenge. (Access to Key Pieces, Mom's Knife, etc.)
- Despite being forced to take The Negative, the Cathedral can still be accessed; however, once Isaac is defeated and the chest is entered, the run will simply end and will not count as a completion of the challenge.
- If the player starts the challenge before The Polaroid and The Negative have been unlocked (using I AM ERROR, a sacrifice room, We Need To Go Deeper!, etc.) then the player will need to repeat said method or use another method to advance to Mega Satan.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This challenge is a homage to the original The Legend of Zelda, which this game is inspired from.
- The items given in this challenge are meant to replicate Link's equipment from said game.
- The title of the challenge is a play on the word "Hyrule", the kingdom in which most Zelda games take place.
|Mom's KnifeDefeat Satan as IsaacThe D20Defeat ??? as IsaacIsaac's HeadComplete the Boss Rush as IsaacIsaac's TearsDefeat Isaac as IsaacMissing PosterDefeat The Lamb as IsaacLost BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Isaac||Fart BabyDefeat Hush as IsaacLil' ChestDefeat Ultra Greed as IsaacCry BabyDefeat Mega Satan as IsaacBuddy BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as IsaacI RULE!Defeat ??? or The Lamb for the 1st time, and defeat Satan as Isaac||D InfinityDefeat Delirium as IsaacD1Defeat Ultra Greedier as Isaac|
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|