| The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups.|
Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.
Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.
The LadderAllows Isaac to walk across gaps one square across by automatically placing a ladder between the two walkable sections.
Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
Trinity ShieldIsaac gains a shield that protects him from enemy shots.
|: no : yes|
|Poker ChipComplete challenge #26|
|Defeat ??? or The Lamb for the 1st time, and defeat Satan as IsaacI RULE!|
I RULE! is challenge #26. You start off with Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2, Trinity Shield, Mom's Knife, The Ladder, and The Boomerang. Your goal is to defeat Mega Satan. The Boss Room containing ??? or The Lamb does not appear.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
With a powerful set of items to start with, this is a rather easy challenge once you get used to Mom's Knife. The most difficult challenge here is, of course, defeating Mega Satan.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Isaac is very easy to kill with the combination of Mom's Knife and the Trinity Shield.
- The Chest is the only place in the challenge (aside from devil deals) where you can pick up offensive passive collectibles, some of which stack with Mom's Knife to produce powerful builds for the Mega Satan fight, the challenge's most difficult component.
- If the player starts the challenge before The Polaroid and The Negative have been unlocked (using I AM ERROR, a sacrifice room, We Need To Go Deeper!, etc.) then the player will need to repeat said method or use another method to advance to Mega Satan.
Unfortunately, the above strategy won't work in Afterbirth+, as, much like the Ultra Hard challenge, you are only given the choice of The Negative after defeating Mom, forcing you to progress through Sheol and the Dark Room instead of the Cathedral and The Chest.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up Dr. Fetus via Blue Womb or Boss Rush will allow Isaac to shoot bombs and Mom's Knife.
- Despite being forced to take The Negative, you can still go to the Cathedral however once you defeat Isaac and enter the chest, the run will simply end and will not count as a completion of the challenge.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aside from beating ??? or The Lamb for the first time, the player must also unlock all starter items in the challenge. (Access to Key Pieces, Mom's Knife, etc.)
- The items given in this challenge are meant to replicate Link's equipment from The Legend of Zelda, which this game is inspired from.
- The title of the challenge is also a play on the word "Hyrule," the kingdom in which most Legend of Zelda games take place.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|