I RULE! is challenge #26. You start off with Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2, Trinity Shield, Mom's Knife, The Ladder, and The Boomerang. Your goal is to defeat Mega Satan. The Boss Room containing ??? or The Lamb does not appear.
With a powerful set of items to start with, this is a rather easy challenge once you get used to Mom's Knife. The most difficult challenge here is, of course, defeating Mega Satan.
It is somewhat easier to beat this challenge with The Polaroid than it is with The Negative for two reasons:
- Isaac is very easy to kill with the combination of Mom's Knife and the Trinity Shield.
- The Chest is the only place in the challenge (aside from devil deals) where you can pick up offensive passive collectibles, some of which stack with Mom's Knife to produce powerful builds for the Mega Satan fight, the challenge's most difficult component.
- If the player starts the challenge before The Polaroid and The Negative have been unlocked (using I AM ERROR, a sacrifice room, We Need To Go Deeper!, etc.) then the player will need to repeat said method or use another method to advance to Mega Satan.
Unfortunately, the above strategy won't work in Afterbirth+, as, much like the Ultra Hard challenge, you are only given the choice of The Negative after defeating Mom, forcing you to progress through Sheol and the Dark Room instead of the Cathedral and The Chest.
- Picking up Dr. Fetus via Blue Womb or Boss Rush will allow Isaac to shoot bombs and Mom's Knife.
- Despite being forced to take The Negative, you can still go to the Cathedral however once you defeat Isaac and enter the chest, the run will simply end and will not count as a completion of the challenge.
- Aside from beating ??? or The Lamb for the first time, the player must also unlock all starter items in the challenge. (Access to Key Pieces, Mom's Knife, etc.)
- The items given in this challenge are meant to replicate Link's equipment from The Legend of Zelda, which this game is inspired from.
- The title of the challenge is also a play on the word "Hyrule," the kingdom in which most Legend of Zelda games take place.