We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Lua error in Module:Text at line 259: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value).
|Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".Expression error: Unrecognized word "array".|
|Defeat Mom's Heart 6 timesIpecac|
Ipecac is an unlockable passive item.
- Replaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc.
- Tears down - (Delay * 2) + 10
- +13 Shot Height
- +40 flat damage (See Effective Damage)
- This item belongs to the BobIsaac gains a green trail of poisonous creep. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bob.
- As Ipecac's explosion range does not scale with tear size, with enough tear size increasing items (e.g. Death's Touch), it can become nearly impossible to hit enemies with Ipecac's explosions.
- Only enemies directly hit by the Ipecac tear will be applied poisoning; the resulting explosion won't apply poisoning to enemies hit by it.
- Ipecac's flat damage upgrade does not increase tear size like standard damage upgrades.
- Ipecac's damage bonus does not apply to Burn or Poison fully; only +4 is applied to their damage per tick.
- Character damage multipliers do not apply to Ipecac's flat bonus.
- Using Ipecac in a Crawl Space will cause the tear to bounce off the ceiling, bounce off the floor at a low height, and eventually explode. The same applies with using it on a Crawl Space wall.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Charged up Ipecac deals expectedly high damage. Rapid fire can be used against weaker enemies or to clear obstacles when necessary.
- Cricket's HeadIncreases damage by 0.5, and multiplies it by 1.5x. / Eve's MascaraDoubles damage, halves tears stat, and greatly reduces shot speed. / Magic MushroomIncreases most stats, enlarges Isaac, grants a heart container and restores all health.: The damage multipliers from these items apply to Ipecac's +40 bonus, unlike others.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs explode on contact, do no damage to Isaac and become Bob's Curse bombs.
- Dr. Fetus + Monstro's Lung: renders Isaac no longer immune to his own shots, also they will explode as soon as Isaac shoots.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Missiles turn green and are poisonous. Damage greatly increases as the flat damage bonus stacks with Epic Fetus' explosive multiplier.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Knife turns green, may poisons enemies, and removes Ipecac's damage increase.
- Also adds +4 damage.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Isaac fires a barrage of Ipecac shots, with no increase in charge time compared to Monstro's Lung alone.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The Ipecac tear will always travel forwards along the beam, even if Isaac is moving forward as well. This makes it less likely for Isaac to get damaged by his own tear.
- Bloody LustIncreases damage as Isaac receives damage. Damage increase stays for the whole floor. / Crown of LightGives Isaac a crown that glows blue when active, and turns gray when inactive. While Isaac has no empty red heart containers, Isaac's tears are replaced with blue diamond tears that deal double damage. Regardless of health, the crown will deactivate for the current room when Isaac takes damage. / PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage. / ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range. / Sacred HeartIncreases damage and range while reducing shot speed and grants homing tears. Grants a Heart Container and replenishes all Red Hearts.: The damage multipliers from these items do not apply to Ipecac's +40 bonus, resulting in much lower damage increase than expected.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Blood beam now does poison damage. The character doesn't gain the Damage Up or Tears Down effects.
- Isaac shoots Ipecac tears while charging Brimstone. Both Brimstone and Ipecac shots modify Isaac's damage and tear delay stat, meaning that Ipecac fires slower and Brimstone charges slower, but Brimstone does an extra 40*13 damage. Take care to pre-charge Brimstone so that the Ipecac shot is on cooldown as Isaac enters a room. This interaction also applies to Azazel's mini Brimstone.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Main tear splits into four explosive splash tears. The splash tears can still damage Isaac.
- Death's TouchIncreases Damage by 1.5, reduces Tears by 0.3 and increases tear size. Grants piercing tears. Tears are replaced by Death's scythes, which is a cosmetic effect only.: Although damage is increased, the tears' hitbox also grows larger which may be detrimental.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: The Ipecac shots cause full-damage explosions instead of lesser splash damage when they bounce off the floor, though they can also harm Isaac.
- The Forgotten: The ghost form uses Ipecac as normal. The skeleton form's melee attacks become poisonous and explosive with +4 flat damage; he cannot be hurt by the blasts, but is pushed back by them. The charged boomerang attack is only poisonous.
- Ghost PepperAdds a chance to shoot a fire that damages enemies and remains in place until it deals enough damage or the room is left.: If a fire is generated at the same time as a Ipecac shot, the Ipecac shot will explode instantly.
- Guppy Transformation: Blue flies are no longer spawned on hit.
- Ipecac shots now spawn blue flies on hit, both direct and indirect.
- Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches.: If an Ipecac shot also happens to have the Little Horn effect, after destroying an enemy it loses its explosive property and effectively is just a normal Little Horn tear.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Ipecac shots will explode on contact with enemy shots.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear damage is increased by 4, explodes when killing an enemy, and comes back to Isaac.
- +4 damage bonus, no explosion.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head. / Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Occasionally shoots backwards or in all 4 directions, with high risk of self-damage.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: The Ipecac tear will spawn two smaller explosive tears when it collides with a solid object, but not with an enemy. These tears can spawn tears on their own as well, potentially leading to huge chain reactions.
- Piercing tears: Tears will still explode on enemy contact, nullifying piercing.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears will bounce off walls and rocks and won't explode until they hit the ground. Not recommended, as self damage is likely.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Though fire rate is greatly increased, the 20% damage multiplier applies resulting in weak explosions.
- Spectral tears: Ipecac shots no longer explode on contact with obstacles or walls, making accidental self-damage less likely but it's more difficult to open secret doors.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: The laser ring becomes poisonous and gains +4 damage.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overridden by Technology.
- +4 damage bonus, poisonous laser.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: The +40 damage bonus is not affected by the Technology 2 multiplier making the laser very high powered, but only every other Ipecac shot is actually fired.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: High fire rate needed for explosive shots to be connected.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Ipecac tears orbit around Isaac for a very long time. They land far enough to not cause self-damage, but that can be relied on only if Isaac is not moving and do not hit enemies.
- "Ipecac" is a shortened name for syrup of ipecac, a powerful emetic (substance used to induce vomiting). This name is itself derived from a shortening of the source plant's name, Ipecacuanha.
- This item is used in Challenge #7 (Suicide King).
2Q6M EEZQ (First floor treasure room)
BK3W 93F4 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NNH2 XPNP (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Q47Z GX3W (treasure room adjacent to spawn - Normal mode)
C139 L97X (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HYDG 0PPY (First treasure room)
3N3B BFWZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|Mom's Heart Unlocks|
|A NooseDefeat Mom's Heart 3 timesA QuarterDefeat Mom's Heart 8 timesA Fetus in a JarDefeat Mom's Heart 9 times???Defeat Mom's Heart 10 timesEverything Is Terrible!!!Defeat Mom's Heart 5 timesIt Lives!Defeat Mom's Heart 11 timesWire Coat HangerDefeat Mom's Heart 4 timesIpecacDefeat Mom's Heart 6 timesExperimental TreatmentDefeat Mom's Heart 7 timesRubber CementDefeat Mom's Heart 2 timesDarkness FallsDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesSolar SystemDefeat Mom's Heart 3 timesSuicide KingDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesDemo ManDefeat Mom's Heart 9 timesLost BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as IsaacCute BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as MagdaleneCrow BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as EveShadow BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as JudasGlass BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as CainWrapped Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LazarusBegotten Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Lazarus
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as AzazelDead BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as ???-0- BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as The LostGlitch BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as EdenFighting BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Samson
|Goat Head BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LilithBlue WombDefeat Mom's Heart 10 timesSuper Greed BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as KeeperBlue BomberDestroy 10 tinted rocks and defeat Mom's Heart 11 times||Pokey MansDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesSmelterDefeat Mom's Heart or It Lives! on hard mode as ApollyonBurning BasementDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesMarrowDefeat Mom's Heart or It Lives! on hard mode as The Forgotten|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|