Isaac's Heart is a secret unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's body becomes immune to all damage.
- A heart familiar appears and closely follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.
- Most enemies now target the heart instead of Isaac. Eyes and other similar enemies, however, will still target Isaac.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Items that activate on contact with enemies retain their ability, allowing Isaac to use them without suffering collision damage.
- Isaac can use Blood Donation Machines and Demon Beggars without taking damage.
- During The Guardian challenge, Demon Beggars and Blood Donation Machines deal damage to Isaac.
- Curse Rooms don't deal damage when entered. When used properly, it can allow The Lost to enter and exit Curse Rooms without risk of death.
- Even if Isaac himself can't fly, the heart will hover over ground hazards, making Isaac immune to all damaging creep and spikes. However, the spikes in a Sacrifice Room can still damage it.
- Picking up a non-orbital familiar will cause either Isaac's Heart or the other familiar to be layered over the other's sprite. This is due to the heart not taking up the spot that the other familiar follows in.
- Enemy Brimstone shots (such as from The Bloat) will not deal any damage to the heart.
- Brimstone shots will damage the heart.
- Additional players gain the immunity effect without spawning additional hearts.
- Enemy beams of light (similar to Crack the SkySummons multiple beams of light in random locations around the room, dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy that touches them.) will not deal any damage to the heart.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Aries+0.25 Speed. Running into enemies while at a high speed will deal 18 points of damage. Does not prevent contact damage. - Isaac can cause contact damage without taking damage.
- Blood RightsDamages all enemies in the room, but deals a heart of damage to Isaac with each use. - Isaac can use Blood Rights infinitely without taking damage.
- Breath of LifeGrants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage. - Isaac can be infinitely invulnerable, as invincibility carries out to the heart without hurting the player. Note that the item needs to be activated for longer than one second for the invulnerability to kick in, however.
- Blank CardHas the same effect as the card or rune currently held by Isaac. + XIV - Temperance - Isaac can reuse the Temperance card to get effectively infinite money.
- Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect. - If Isaac's Heart is layered over Dry Baby, Dry Baby will block incoming shots and the heart will not be damaged by projectiles. Enemies touching the heart can still do damage.
- E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop. - Isaac can turn enemies into poop without taking damage.
- Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots. - Invincibility carries over to the heart.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. - The shield effect carries over to the heart.
- IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine. - Isaac can use the bag without taking damage, granting infinite money.
- Kamikaze!Creates an explosion in the same area as Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage to him and also damaging all enemies caught in the blast radius. - As long as the heart is away from the blast radius, no damage is taken. Character must be at high enough speed for this.
- Midas' TouchEnemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin. - Isaac can turn enemies into coins on contact without taking damage.
- Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room. - Isaac cannot take damage from the Razor Blade, allowing for infinite uses of the item.
- The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room. - Demon Isaac can cause contact damage without taking damage.
- The VirusInflicts poison to enemies who make contact with Isaac. Speed down. - Isaac can poison enemies on contact without taking damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Box of FriendsUpon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room. - Box of Friends does not duplicate the heart.
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars. - BFFS! will make the heart bigger, making it easier to get hit.
- King BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac and makes other familiars follow it. While firing tears, it stops moving. - The Heart will follow King Baby. This makes it much harder to avoid damage, but also makes other synergies like Kamikaze! much easier to use.
- Sharp PlugUsing an activated item while it's not charged will charge it and Sharp Plug does 2 full heart damage to Isaac. - Sharp Plug can no longer be used.
- The SoulGrants two soul hearts. Isaac now repels enemy projectiles. - Isaac's body repels projectiles, but Isaac's Heart doesn't.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's Heart while it's following Isaac fittingly shares the same sprite as Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest..
- The nature of the item is similar to that of a Mask + Heart enemy.
- This item is used in Challenge #30 (The Guardian).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
TPWZ 7CVR (Treasure Room below of spawn)
PCJZ 03TG (Adjacent Treasure Room)
W1TD 0BJN (Treasure room south of spawn)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|