|(page 3, column 11, row 2)|
|Defeat Isaac as The LostIsaac's Heart|
Isaac's Heart is an unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's body becomes immune to all damage.
- A heart familiar appears and closely follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.
- Most enemies now target the heart instead of Isaac. Eyes and other similar enemies, however, will still target Isaac.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Items that activate on contact with enemies retain their ability, allowing Isaac to use them without suffering collision damage.
- During The Guardian challenge, Demon Beggars and Blood Donation Machines deal damage to Isaac.
- Picking up a non-orbital familiar will cause either Isaac's Heart or the other familiar to be layered over the other's sprite. This is due to the heart not taking up the spot that the other familiar follows in.
- Enemy Brimstone shots (such as from The Bloat) will not deal any damage to the heart.
- Additional players gain the immunity effect without spawning additional hearts.
- Hush's tracking laser beams cannot damage the heart.
Tips and Strategies[edit | edit source]
Items / Trinkets[edit | edit source]
- Speed up items are invaluable when having Isaac's heart since the delay between the player moving away and the heart moving as well gets drastically reduced. Avoid speed down items early in the run.
- Orbital Familiars are invaluable as Isaac can get extremely close to the enemy without fear of contact damage.
- Flight items are invaluable as the heart can be placed over a rock and Isaac can stick out enough to shoot at enemies without needing Spectral Tears.
- Angel Rooms are safer bets for items than Devil Rooms.
- Use Restock boxes in shops as much as possible get as many soul hearts for health but make sure to hold on to at least 5 cents.
- Get 5 cents as soon as possible so an Arcade can show up, Blood Donation Machines and IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine. are the best and most common ways to win an Isaac's heart run.
- If lucky pennies are unlocked, it may be beneficial to immediately try to gain 10 luck or more via the IV Bag to maximize room drops and enhance tear effects.
- Consider bombing skulls for a chance to get Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect..
Combat and Damage[edit | edit source]
- Hug obstacles to avoid taking damage. Look out for enemies that fly or can jump over rocks, and make sure enemies don't push Isaac far away from his heart to expose it.
- When dodging, move in semi straight lines as the heart only follows Isaac's movements when he is at a certain distance away, for example, moving in a circle would pull the heart in and make it stay in place in the middle of the arc as Isaac would no longer be moving away from the heart. Moving in a triangle formation would allow the heart to move more.
- Enemies that fly and charge like One Tooth are extremely hard to dodge and should be killed as soon as possible, take caution since they can appear as early as The Caves / The Catacombs.
- Enemies can be pushed away with Isaac's body, while not recommended, it can be used as a last resort.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blank CardHas the same effect as the card or rune currently held by Isaac. + XIV - Temperance: Isaac can reuse the Temperance card to spawn an infinite amount of Blood Donation Machines to get effectively infinite Coins (Pickup).
- Box of FriendsUpon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room.: Box of Friends does not duplicate the heart, making it safe to use.
- Breath of LifeGrants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage.: Isaac can be infinitely invulnerable, as invincibility carries out to the heart without hurting the player. Note that the item needs to be activated for longer than one second for the invulnerability to kick in, however.
- Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect.: If Isaac's Heart is layered over Dry Baby, Dry Baby will block incoming shots and the heart will not be damaged by projectiles. Enemies touching the heart can still do damage.
- Duct TapeStops Isaac's familiars from moving.: Makes dodging significantly easier.
- Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots.: Invincibility carries over to the heart.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: The shield effect carries over to the heart.
- IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine.: Isaac can use the bag without taking damage, granting infinite money ( and as high luck as desired via lucky pennies).
- Kamikaze!Creates an explosion in the same area as Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage to him and also damaging all enemies caught in the blast radius.: As long as the heart is away from the blast radius, no damage is taken. Character must be at high enough speed for this.
- Midas' TouchEnemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin.: Isaac can turn enemies into coins on contact without taking damage.
- Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room.: Isaac cannot take damage from the Razor Blade, allowing for infinite uses of the item.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars.: BFFS! will make the heart bigger, making it easier to get hit.
- King BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac and makes other familiars follow it. While firing tears, it stops moving.: The Heart will follow King Baby. This makes it much harder to avoid damage, but also makes other synergies like Kamikaze! much easier to use.
- Sharp PlugUsing an activated item while it's not charged will charge it and Sharp Plug does 2 full heart damage to Isaac.: Sharp Plug can no longer be used.
- The SoulGrants two soul hearts. Isaac now repels enemy projectiles.: Isaac's body repels projectiles, but Isaac's Heart doesn't.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's Heart while it's following Isaac fittingly shares the same sprite as Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest..
- The nature of the item is similar to that of a Mask + Heart enemy.
- This item is used in Challenge #30 (The Guardian).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
TPWZ 7CVR (Treasure Room below of spawn)
PCJZ 03TG (Adjacent Treasure Room)
W1TD 0BJN (Treasure room south of spawn)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Lost Unlocks|
|Isaac's HeartDefeat Isaac as The LostThe MindDefeat Satan as The LostThe BodyDefeat ??? as The LostThe SoulDefeat The Lamb as The LostThe D100Complete the Boss Rush as The LostGodhead Beat Mom's Heart, Isaac, Satan, ???, and The Lamb and complete the Boss Rush on hard mode as The Lost
Earn all 9 Completion Marks on hard mode as The Lost-0- BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as The Lost
|Sworn ProtectorDefeat Hush as The LostZodiacDefeat Ultra Greed as The LostWhite BabyDefeat Mega Satan as The Lost||Holy CardDefeat Delirium as The LostDad's Lost CoinDefeat Ultra Greedier as The Lost|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|