Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
It Lives is an unlockable alternative form of Mom's Heart. After being unlocked, it will always appear as the boss of the second floor of the fourth chapter, permanently replacing Mom's Heart. It is a stronger version of Mom's Heart that summons bosses alongside regular chapter 4 enemies.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
It also shoots some double projectiles when retreating upwards after spawning enemies/bosses.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
It Lives as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Just like Mom and Mom's Heart, using The Bible against It Lives will kill it instantly.
- Isaac can still encounter It Lives in the nightmare boss wave of chapter 4 in Greed/Greedier mode if it has not been unlocked.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It Lives appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- The music that plays during this fight is titled Ventricide. Ventricide is a made-up word formed from the word ventricle (chamber of the heart) and the suffix -cide, which denotes an act of killing. This theme is used in other tracks, such as Matricide, Hericide, and Infanticide.
- Ventricide could also be a junction of the prefix ventr-, which could denote "belly", "stomach", or "womb" with the suffix -cide.
- It Lives, according to the developers, takes the shape of what Isaac looked like as a fetus.
- It Lives makes the same sounds as Mom's Heart.
- Like Mom's Heart, if Isaac takes damage from It Lives' Brimstone attack, Mom's laugh can be heard.
- The unlock note for It Lives states "Your futures past awaits.", referencing Time Fcuk, another game by Edmund Mcmillen.
- During the versus screen, It Lives' enemy/boss-spawning sound can be heard. It Lives is one of six bosses that can be heard during the versus screen, the other five being The Stain, The Forsaken, Big Horn, Mom and Mom's Heart.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Mom's Heart Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|