Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears fire 1-2 sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.
- Sparks deal half of the tear's damage, not Isaac's base damage.
- Sparks behave like spectral homing lasers and will arc to hit enemies that are close enough, even striking multiple ones in a row.
- Tears that hit the floor due to running out of range do not generate arcs.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- All status causing tear effects: The status effects will be applied over the electric arcs as well. Poison caused by Serpent's KissTears now have a random chance to apply a poison effect, causing 4 or 6 damage per tick to enemies (Similar to The Common Cold item). Isaac now deals poison damage on contact with enemies similar to The Virus item (Damage over time 4 or 6 per tick). Enemies that were poisoned have a chance to drop a black heart when killed. will not drop black hearts.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Electric arcs happen normally and sparks' damage is massively increased.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Tears block enemy shots as normal and will then generate arcs of electricity where the shot was blocked.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The Ludovico tear spawns a large number of sparks when in contact with an enemy, but not on obstacles.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Sparks deal damage based the tear's, increasing with distance. No extra damage is applied by distance covered by the spark.
- Spectral tears: The tears can spawn sparks while passing through obstacles, but not on walls.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel / BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Brimstone does not generate sparks.
- BackstabberHas a chance to fire tears that inflict bleeding on enemies, causing them to slowly take damage over time.: Electric arcs cannot hit the enemies' backs for the extra damage and bleeding.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle. / The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Although the scatter effect increases the amount of arcing, the split tears deal lesser damage and as such, less damage on their sparks.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired. / Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Bombs do not generate sparks.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Only main tear can spawn sparks.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife does not generate sparks.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Sparks will decrease in damage based on how much damage the tear has lost.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears will only spawn sparks when hitting enemies.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring. / Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet. / TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. / Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Lasers do not generate sparks.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Only spawns sparks when hitting obstacles.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item refers to high voltage traveling arcs, which are colloquially known as Jacob's ladders. It creates a small electric arc rising between two metal rods, as the item graphic represents.
- The name is a reference to The Book of Genesis from the Old Testament. In Genesis 28:10-19 Jacob rests on his journey and has a dream; in the dream he sees a ladder which serves as the connection between Heaven and Earth.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|