Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears fire 1-2 sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.
- Sparks deal half of the tear's damage (Isaacs' current damage stat).
- Sparks behave like spectral homing lasers and will arc to hit enemies that are close enough, even striking multiple ones in a row.
- Tears that hit the floor due to running out of range do not generate arcs.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- All status causing tear effects: The status effects will be applied over the electric arcs as well. The poison caused by Serpent's Kiss will not drop black hearts.
- Angelic Prism: All of the split tears will be electrified. Also, electric arcs that pass through the prism will be split.
- Lost Contact: Tears block enemy shots as normal and will then generate arcs of electricity where the shot was blocked.
- A Lump of Coal: Sparks deal damage based the tear's, increasing with distance. No extra damage is applied by the distance covered by the spark.
- Spectral tears: The tears can spawn sparks while passing through obstacles.
- Technology Zero: Both effects happening simultaneously creates lots of electricity.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel / Brimstone: Brimstone does not generate sparks.
- Backstabber: Electric arcs cannot hit the enemies' backs for the extra damage and bleeding.
- Compound Fracture / The Parasite: Although the scatter effect increases the amount of arcing, the split tears deal lesser damage and as such, less damage on their sparks.
- Dr. Fetus / Epic Fetus: Bombs do not generate sparks.
- Haemolacria: Only main tear can spawn sparks.
- Ipecac: Electric arcs happen only when they hit a wall.
- The Ludovico Technique: The Ludovico tear spawns a large number of sparks when in contact with an enemy, but not on obstacles.
- Mom's Knife: The knife does not generate sparks.
- Proptosis: Sparks will decrease in damage based on how much damage the tear has lost.
- Rubber Cement: Tears will only spawn sparks when hitting enemies.
- Tech X / Tech.5 / Technology / Technology 2: Lasers do not generate sparks.
- Trisagion: Only spawns sparks when hitting obstacles.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item refers to high voltage traveling arcs, which are colloquially known as Jacob's ladders. It creates a small electric arc rising between two metal rods, as the item graphic represents.
- The name is a reference to The Book of Genesis from the Old Testament. In Genesis 28:10-19 Jacob rests on his journey and has a dream; in the dream, he sees a ladder that serves as the connection between Heaven and Earth.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! When using The Forgotten's melee attack with both Jacob's Ladder and Haemolacria, the sparks caused by splattered tears will hurt the player. This does not apply to other tear scattering items.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|