Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Jar of Flies
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Killing an enemy adds a fly to the jar, up to a maximum of 20.
- Upon use, releases blue flies equal to the number of flies in the jar.
- This item belongs to the Beelzebub set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into a giant humanoid fly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kills by blue flies and locusts (including flies from the jar) and shooting familiars (including Incubus) do not add flies to the jar.
- Blue spiders, orbital familiars, and chasing familiars do add flies to the jar.
- Friendly enemies such as from the Friendly Ball add flies to the jar, but not those spawned from other enemies.
- Batteries do not affect the number of flies in the jar.
- Enemies must be actually killed to add a fly; transformations (such as Gapers turning into Pacers) or knockouts (such as incapacitating a Globin) do not count as kills.
- Destroying a shopkeeper will count a kill.
- With items that kill normally unkillable enemies, killing things like Stone Grimaces will add flies to the jar.
- Killing minions in the Hush fight does not add flies to the jar.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Void: Flies will not collect when absorbed by Void, making the interaction worthless.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Hive Mind: Flies are bigger and deal double damage.
- Fish Tail: Doubles the number of flies that spawn.
- Schoolbag: Flies will be gained even while the Jar of Flies is in the inactive slot.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item's pickup quote references the tagline of the Pokémon games.
- With Booster Pack #2, this item's sprite fills up with more flies depending on how many flies it contains. This is based on this Steam Workshop mod by Stewartisme.
- The item is likely a reference to the Alice In Chains album of the same name.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
KTHW HTAY (First floor, in the shop)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|