The Knight is a special type of enemy that can only be damaged from behind. However, explosions or shots that pierce enemies, such as BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. or Cupid's ArrowGrants Isaac piercing tears that travel through enemies (but not obstacles) instead of breaking on impact with them., will allow damage to be applied from any direction. The Knight walks around randomly, but once the player is directly in front of it, it will dash toward the player at a slightly faster speed until it hits a wall.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Selfless Knight[edit | edit source]
The Selfless Knight has a similar appearance to an ordinary knight but has a face on its back instead of a brain. This version is much faster than the normal version, especially while charging.
Floating Knight[edit | edit source]
The Floating Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but can fly over all obstacles. It is also a little slower.
Bone Knight[edit | edit source]
The Bone Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but leaves behind a trail of damaging red creep, making it much harder to attack its vulnerable side. Its charge is faster than an ordinary Knight but not as fast as the Selfless Knight.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Knight is a monster in two segments: an invisible, invincible "shield" segment that leads the way and the visible "body" that follows close behind. The shield takes no damage and partially covers the body, stopping shots that would damage it; but piercing tears and explosions hit both the shield and the body, defeating this defense.
- The Knight and its variants are briefly invulnerable when they spawn, or when you enter the room they are in. They become vulnerable when they start moving.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Knights were completely vulnerable when they spawned; the shield segment did not cover the Knight's front until it started moving, so you could shoot it in the face for damage as soon as it appeared.
- Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie. does not work on Knights.
- Items that provide a fear effect (like Dark Matter) work remarkably well because they run away from the player, exposing their weak side.
- The name of the monster is a reference to the Darknut (also known as Tartnuc) knights from The Legend of Zelda that, similar to The Binding of Isaac, cannot be harmed from their front.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|